Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Lands Wisconsin Transfer DE

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    Tyler Westphal, a 4 star recruit out of high school from Rivals and Scout, just commited to NDSU. Westphal is transferring from Wisconsin where he battled shoulder injuries, but the word is he is in great shape heading into the summer and played well at the UW spring game. He is the highest rated player to ever step foot on NDSU's campus. Another great day to be a Bison.
    Ummm....
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Mr Westphal was also ranked as the 148th best player in the nation by ESPN and the 7th best defensive end in the 2008 recruiting class.

Bolded for emphasis.
      Houston...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

This kid might not finish his career as an all-time great, but no one has ever step foot on SDSU's campus with this much talent as he has. If only he was a good ole boy that wanted to hunt and fish...
        we have a problem...

Bisonville even had a 31 page thread devoted to him. No lie....and another one has been started, likely to reach 31 pages with everyone stating that they're better off without him, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Well, that didn't last very long. Westphal has decided to go to UW-Oshkosh instead. From 4-star BCS to FCS to DIII in two years. I think he was on campus for part of the summer, but I'm not certain. Anyway, I guess you guys can stop shaking in your boots now.
          An odd journey for sure.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            Well, that didn't last very long. Westphal has decided to go to UW-Oshkosh instead. From 4-star BCS to FCS to DIII in two years. I think he was on campus for part of the summer, but I'm not certain. Anyway, I guess you guys can stop shaking in your boots now.
            Last July, Brett Favre told the Vikings he was retiring. Favre spent a lot of time in WI, maybe there is something in the water.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The NDSU Soap Opera continues. They really should have a reality show based on the NDSU football program, the only problem would be that so many cast members come and go that one would get confused.
              http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
                The NDSU Soap Opera continues. They really should have a reality show based on the NDSU football program, the only problem would be that so many cast members come and go that one would get confused.
                I hear Best Buy's on board as a flagship sponsor.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Tyler Westphal, a 4 star recruit out of high school from Rivals and Scout, just commited to NDSU. The 6'7", 250lb Westphal is a welcome addition to a DE unit that just lost returning starter Garrett Johnson. Westphal is transferring from Wisconsin where he battled shoulder injuries, but the word is he is in great shape heading into the summer and played well at the UW spring game. He is the highest rated player to ever step foot on NDSU's campus.

He chose NDSU over Southern Illinois. Another great day to be a Bison.
                  And he apparently chose a D-III school over the Bison. What a great day to be a UW-Oskoshian. Or, better yet, a Jackrabbit.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    And he apparently chose a D-III school over the Bison. What a great day to be a UW-Oskoshian. Or, better yet, a Jackrabbit.
                    Maybe he heard that he had to go to a UW school to beat SDSU...

Oh crap, I think I just smacked myself...

Sorry for the smack in a non-smack section, but I couldn't help myself.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Does that count if you smack yourself?
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Fargo correctional facilities weren't as good as advertised possibly.

All kidding aside, for a young student athlete let's all hope that he has a healthy and happy career wherever he plays and can have a long, productive live after football.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

This kid might not finish his career as an all-time great, but no one has ever step foot on SDSU's campus with this much talent as he has. If only he was a good ole boy that wanted to hunt and fish...

I haven't followed this story until now, so I went backwards to read this thread. Nice post by HandoEx. Hopefully we can schedule UW-Oshkosh so we can see this tremendous talent.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

That post is one of many I just sorta "log in" and am tempted to reprint from time to time.

Comment

Oskosh?
                              By Gosh.

Comment

home of the very good bib overalls.

Comment

Working...
                                X