Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Suspends to Defensive players.

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    What do you want, them executed??? He cannot comment on it any further until whatever needs to be done is done. Again you have no clue about the situation and make assumptions.

Now to comment about the situation: IDIOTS thats all I can say. I just don't understand how kids can get a free ride to school and Play a sport they are suppose to love and still act like IDIOTS!

I am confused. Do you know something others don't or are you also making assumptions? If the former is true, then back it up. If the latter is true, then don't upbraid Zoo for making assumptions and then make assumptions, yourself, in the very next sentence.

Comment

My 2 cents

I believe Coach Bohl has handled the suspensions about as well as one could expect.

On the other hand, I don't think having this many problems is completely by coincidence. Something is missing along the lines of leadership to have several players do stupid stuff like this. I'm not sure where the problem lies, whether it's with the coaches or upper-classmen or within the university itself.

A list off the top of my head from last year:

-Transfer WR comes in and than is asked to leave because of some sort of breaking of team rules or a previous court trial? -- Not sure this was ever fully explained

-Three or Four players get DUI's, i believe two of the players had already had Minors

-Player arrested for intent to sell Marijuana.

-Two players kicked off for suspected involvement in a $100,000 theft.

-WR recruit from Minnesota who got kicked off the team before his freshman year even started, He than transferred to Winona St and was arrested within the year

Not to mention several players who have been brought in even though they don't meet the academic requirement to play football. Some of these players have since transfered.

A bonus addition:
      A basketball player gets kicked off the team for shoplifting. (Obviously doesn't have anything to do with Bohl, but could suggest that leadership is lacking within the student-athletes and that they have a feeling of arrogance or that they above the law.

Like I said, the above actions were off the top of my head. Feel free to add to the list or correct something I wrote.

Comment

I think a lack of senior leadership is a major issue, that WR recruit from MN was run off the team more than kicked off by Bohl...due in large part to issues he had with the upperclassmen. Leadership like that has been sorely lacking since.

Bohl has changed his recruiting drastically over the past two seasons, hopefully it pays off because he is paying for his past mistakes both on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          I am confused. Do you know something others don't or are you also making assumptions? If the former is true, then back it up. If the latter is true, then don't upbraid Zoo for making assumptions and then make assumptions, yourself, in the very next sentence.
          Really????
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            My 2 cents

I believe Coach Bohl has handled the suspensions about as well as one could expect.

On the other hand, I don't think having this many problems is completely by coincidence. Something is missing along the lines of leadership to have several players do stupid stuff like this. I'm not sure where the problem lies, whether it's with the coaches or upper-classmen or within the university itself.

A list off the top of my head from last year:

-Transfer WR comes in and than is asked to leave because of some sort of breaking of team rules or a previous court trial? -- Not sure this was ever fully explained - Yep huge letdown

-Three or Four players get DUI's, i believe two of the players had already had Minors - they partied too much

-Player arrested for intent to sell Marijuana. - Had a small factory going in his apartment

-Two players kicked off for suspected involvement in a $100,000 theft. - Nothing made official to the general public yet

-WR recruit from Minnesota who got kicked off the team before his freshman year even started, He than transferred to Winona St and was arrested within the year - MAJOR ATTITUDE PROBLEM he had character issues basically loved himself ond only himself which led to his departure

Not to mention several players who have been brought in even though they don't meet the academic requirement to play football. Some of these players have since transfered. - but also some have made the grade put their hard work in and will be in uniform this fall in 2 sport BTW and congrats to him he works his a## off

A bonus addition:
            A basketball player gets kicked off the team for shoplifting. (Obviously doesn't have anything to do with Bohl, but could suggest that leadership is lacking within the student-athletes and that they have a feeling of arrogance or that they above the law. - one scar on the BBAll record and Saul handled it good you have to give him that

Like I said, the above actions were off the top of my head. Feel free to add to the list or correct something I wrote.

But you can't dig anything up on our Hockey team now can you
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I don't want to be dismissive of how Coach Bohl handles it, but someone brought up a great point. IMHO, Coach Stig goes to greater length than the average coach to investigate character in the kids.

But the reality is that these guys are that, just kids. Kids do silly things sometimes, but with good leadership at coach - you produce leaders on the team that challenge their teammates to be something bigger than "themselves". EGO is a huge part of the problem with kids that get in trouble.

I'm not in the locker room with our team, but I don't see a lot of EGO on the field, I've seen some pretty good teams the past few years. \

My "to" cents (someone may want to correct the title of this thread!).

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I don't want to be dismissive of how Coach Bohl handles it, but someone brought up a great point. IMHO, Coach Stig goes to greater length than the average coach to investigate character in the kids.

But the reality is that these guys are that, just kids. Kids do silly things sometimes, but with good leadership at coach - you produce leaders on the team that challenge their teammates to be something bigger than "themselves". EGO is a huge part of the problem with kids that get in trouble.

I'm not in the locker room with our team, but I don't see a lot of EGO on the field, I've seen some pretty good teams the past few years. \

My "to" cents (someone may want to correct the title of this thread!).
                Yeah guilty as charged since I started the thread. TWO and not TO. OMG

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Yeah guilty as charged since I started the thread. TWO and not TO. OMG
                  That's what I was getting at with the second post.

Comment

BUt it's to GOOD to be two, so that too!

Comment

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/275470/

Comment

“When you have 100 and some football players and some come out and say, ‘I’m going to walk on, coach,’ you let them walk on,” Taylor said. “Most of them don’t last very long. I worry more about the kids we recruit and spend time with.”

I can't imagine anyone in the SDSU athletic department saying something like this. Perhaps this is part of the problem with the NDSU football program.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I can't imagine anyone in the SDSU athletic department saying something like this. Perhaps this is part of the problem with the NDSU football program.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Basically saying that walk-ons don't matter.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            That's exactly what I was thinking too. Basically saying that walk-ons don't matter.
                            And we're not responsible for them nor their actions.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

One of them gets cuffed at baseball game...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...=19470&page=24
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The Forum has a photo of said arrest. Somehow I do not feel completely at ease in making this post, but...

http://www.inforum.com/event/image/i...03Bs%20arrest/

Comment

Working...
                                X