• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Suspends to Defensive players.

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    You have no idea, none.
    Really?

The terms of Mohler's and Washington's suspensions weren't announced until shortly before the season started. Long after they'd had their respective 'days in court'. There were reports that Mohler was still involved in team activities during his 'suspension'.

Schultenover was kicked off the team before the felony charges were filed against him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/tag/_/...n-schultenover

So don't tell me that Bohl has a habit of -waiting- for charges to be filed before kicking a kid off the team.

And don't tell me that he sets the terms of the suspension right after the kids have had their day in court either.

Bohl's disciplinary actions have been arguably inconsistent and by all appearances, incredibly ineffective.

Comment

Personally, I think a coach is wise to move cautiously when these matters come up and while one can have some 'guidelines' in their head, these cases should be viewed on a case-by-case basis. So, I'm not going to second-guess Coach Bohl. He probably doesn't have all the facts and yet he has more than me.

I've been involved in many cases in which innocent people were accused of crimes.

An indefinite suspension puts everyone on "hold" until the coaching staff can measure what may or may not have happened, how similar matters have been handled in the past, whether sanctions are warranted, and the consequence of sanctions on the team, the university and the individuals involved.

It's interesting news and certainly a distraction no program should have to deal with but one in which most programs WILL deal with from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        Bohl's disciplinary actions have been arguably inconsistent and by all appearances, incredibly ineffective.
        Ineffective? If and when the facts come out and we see what the two athletes did to get into hot water, then let's discuss how you deter that behavior. If you have figured out deterrance of bad behavior by people under the age of 25, then I'm going to help you write a book and we'll make a lot of money on the speaking circuit.

Comment

Zoopora... Mohler sat on the sideline and videotaped during spring practice. You didn't even listen to what I said, I said they were indefinitely suspended until they had their day in court and complied to every thing the court and NDSU asked them to do.

Do you really know when they were suspended? Do you expect Bohl to call a press conference to announce to the media that he is suspending these players and for how long. They were announced when fall camp begin, probably the first time he and the media had contact since spring ball. These players did participate in summer workouts, but waking up at 6 AM and working out is hardly a reward for bad behavior.

Bohl had punished the entire team just prior to Schultenover's situation, he had enough. It was a zero tolerance situation and once Bohl was told what Schultenover did he was done. He was arrested for dealing drugs, a month prior to that Bohl kicked a player off the team just for being caught with drugs. So he was consistent.

But please zoopora keep acting like you have a clue. Bohl was put into a very difficult situation with a rash of things coming in a matter of months and he probably handled it as good as anyone could expect.

Comment

But please zoopora keep acting like you have a clue.
            Don't worry about that.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Personally, I think a coach is wise to move cautiously when these matters come up and while one can have some 'guidelines' in their head, these cases should be viewed on a case-by-case basis. So, I'm not going to second-guess Coach Bohl. He probably doesn't have all the facts and yet he has more than me.

I've been involved in many cases in which innocent people were accused of crimes.

An indefinite suspension puts everyone on "hold" until the coaching staff can measure what may or may not have happened, how similar matters have been handled in the past, whether sanctions are warranted, and the consequence of sanctions on the team, the university and the individuals involved.

It's interesting news and certainly a distraction no program should have to deal with but one in which most programs WILL deal with from time to time.
              Good post JD, I agree 100%.

Comment

Yes.

I'm the guy who 'assumes' they're going to be thrown off the team. Or was that someone else?

What I KNOW is that there were several 'indefinite suspensions' last year, and that was not enough to convince these kids to think twice about consequences before engaging in their own particular form of idiocy.

You KNOW absolutly nothing about NDSU and the internal workings of the program, THAT I KNOW
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Zoopora... Mohler sat on the sideline and videotaped during spring practice. You didn't even listen to what I said, I said they were indefinitely suspended until they had their day in court and complied to every thing the court and NDSU asked them to do.

Do you really know when they were suspended? Do you expect Bohl to call a press conference to announce to the media that he is suspending these players and for how long. They were announced when fall camp begin, probably the first time he and the media had contact since spring ball. These players did participate in summer workouts, but waking up at 6 AM and working out is hardly a reward for bad behavior.

Bohl had punished the entire team just prior to Schultenover's situation, he had enough. It was a zero tolerance situation and once Bohl was told what Schultenover did he was done. He was arrested for dealing drugs, a month prior to that Bohl kicked a player off the team just for being caught with drugs. So he was consistent.

But please zoopora keep acting like you have a clue. Bohl was put into a very difficult situation with a rash of things coming in a matter of months and he probably handled it as good as anyone could expect.

This is never a problem

Zoopaloopa apparently follows our program closer than his own
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Okay, everyone calm down. Perhaps we should have a moment of silence in honor of Mrs. filbert, a loyal Tennessee Volunteer.

Comment

Yes. Quite obviously Bohl has done an outstanding job managing his team.

Indeed, it should have been transparently clear to me that Bohl's discipline has been swift, effective, consistent, and reliable.

And certainly the results bear that out. Why, after a spate of problems a few years ago, the usual college rowdiness you know, things have settled down and you never ever hear about a Bison player getting in trouble.

---

Therefore, I would like to apologize from the very bottom of my heart to TJBison and FargoBison for suggesting anything other than this:

Craig Bohl is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

Comment

Yes. Quite obviously Bohl has done an outstanding job managing his team.

Indeed, it should have been transparently clear to me that Bohl's discipline has been swift, effective, consistent, and reliable.

And certainly the results bear that out. Why, after a spate of problems a few years ago, the usual college rowdiness you know, things have settled down and you never ever hear about a Bison player getting in trouble.

---

Therefore, I would like to apologize from the very bottom of my heart to TJBison and FargoBison for suggesting anything other than this:

Craig Bohl is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.
                        We all believe ( and rightfully so ) that SDSU recruits high character student athletes. However,it's probably wise to not get too self-righteous,because eventually something will happen here (and at every other college ) that we will not be proud of. You don't have to look back too many years for problems in the basketball program,and unfortunately many times its something the coaching staffs have no control over.

Comment

What Zoopora doesn't understand is that for the first six years Bohl was here few players got into trouble. Then a bunch of players got into trouble at once.

Bohl gave the players who had DUI's two or three game suspensions and sat that them out of spring ball completely. Those punishments go above and beyond what most schools would do, the fourth player that got a DUI received a punishment that was far beyond three games. So if he is inconsistent, it is on the harsh side.

This is not a discipline problem, it is partly a recruiting problem(one or two bad apples were brought in) but it is also college kids making stupid decisions. It can happen anywhere like bigticket said.

I won't say Bohl did an outstanding job in managing the team over the past few seasons, but he did a good job in dealing with a difficult situation.

Comment

I don't see either player listed on the Bison roster. They usually don't do that unless they have been dismissed from the team.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              I don't see either player listed on the Bison roster. They usually don't do that unless they have been dismissed from the team.
                              Over on Bisonville there was a post that noted an update to the roster and said names were removed. I don't think this about missing 10 o clock bed check.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

Read between the lines, not executed, but.......
                                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                                X