Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison/Ill State

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    It was a whale of a game as Craig Bohl says I'd say Jacks by four touchdowns at this point.
    I think if he actual called this game "a whale of a game" postgame, he may wake up tomorrow morning with his larynx ripped out of his neck.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      i wonder how many thousands of bison fans WONT make the trip to brookings in two weeks
      And for all of you who assailed the department in the past for not televising the NDSU game, you will get your wish and I believe we will lose some big bucks in Bison revenue come Oct. 17 because of that.

Comment

Jacks#1Fan is right. At this stage in our development, we need revenue: people buying tickets and sitting in the stands. With the Bison playing poorly compared to expectations at the start of the season, I'm concerned about the attendance.

The good news: we just have to talk it up so that more Jack fans show up to watch us beat a determined but struggling Bison team.

Comment

If we have to depend on Bison fans to get 16,000 fans to CAS for the game than we have bigger problems than if the game is on TV or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            If we have to depend on Bison fans to get 16,000 fans to CAS for the game than we have bigger problems than if the game is on TV or not.

here here. if you can't fill your own stadium with your own fans the debate over televising/revenue generation is moot. It's why the NFL's blackout policy exists. Don't think anyone here was "rooting" for anything other than Jack success.

Comment

Most of the NDSU fans bought their tickets already (from what I saw when picking out the seats I wanted for the game). If they want to sit at home instead of making the trip to Brookings, we got their money. BUT, with their teams chance to get the marker back, I really don't think they are going to miss this game.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

You hope the Dakota Marker game has got to the point where it's not about the wins/losses each team brings to the game, but rather the rivalary and celebration of two pier institutions who took a big step together into the DI world. If the Bison only travel when they expect to win than they are not the kind of fan base that I thought they were.

Comment

I suppose it's all speculation, but maybe their struggles will make MORE of them come to the Dakota Marker game. After all, if your season isn't going to end in the playoffs, a rivalry game only becomes a bigger point of emphasis.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was told that sections A-L (all of the west side) are sold out and that R and N on the east side are sold out as well, and most of P and T are gone. So I think we will have a good crowd no matter how bad the Bison are.

Comment

Our tailgating lot was PACKED and there were lots of fans at the game...and the Bison were 1-3 going into homecoming. Let's not cut down the Bison fan base as fairweather fans. Don't expect the same turnout as you saw in 2007, but I guarantee we bring plenty of fans regardless of the UNI game outcome this weekend. I am actually suprised how well the turnout has been considering the nightmare of the last 7-8 months and after last year's letdown.

I can't see too many teams that would have the same fan support given the Bison football team's situation. It makes me more proud to be an alum and fan although it's not as fun as winning

With that said, the Bison are a bad team. There is no way that the refs cost us that game. The team's deficiencies could be taken advantage of my 8 year old's flag football team.

Comment

It all adds up when you have a few bad calls mixed with mistakes. Its not going to work too often, but the refs did make some pretty absurd calls. I wouldnt call the BISON bad, i would say they dont know how to win though. They have been in a position to win every game and we have faced some of the best teams in the country. SDSU lost to Cal Poly but other than that its been fairly easy.

I have 4 tickets around the 50 on the BISON side. Im not sure what the roll call will be for BISON fans.
                        www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Working...
                        X