Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bohl is tweeting

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before the NCAA limits the amount of tweets a coach can make?

Honestly, methinks that something else will come along and replace it. First, it's myspace... Then, it's facebook... Now, it's tweeter... They seem to be getting 'upgraded' at a relatively rapid pace. I'm wondering what the honest and realistic life expectancy really is on this twitter thing...

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      When an official is blowing his whistle is he tweeting?
      Naw...he's just a "blow hard"

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
        Honestly, methinks that something else will come along and replace it. First, it's myspace... Then, it's facebook... Now, it's tweeter... They seem to be getting 'upgraded' at a relatively rapid pace. I'm wondering what the honest and realistic life expectancy really is on this twitter thing...
        You're right. I'd say Twitter's 15 minutes are ticking away quickly. There's no revenue model. Twitter PAYS to send SMS messages. They have almost no income. They're hoping for a buyer, but what they do is hardly revolutionary. Facebook has already revamped itself to be more "twitter-like". Google won't buy because they like to make money. The main group who are hot on Twitter right now are the owners of media organizations who are grasping for anything that makes them relevant to 18-34 year olds. [sarcasm]And we know what geniuses newspaper owners have been when it comes to leveraging the web [/sarcasm].

I give Twitter another three months as a "sensation" and another 9 after that before the venture capitalists pull their funding. I suppose they might find a buyer or have a eureka moment and figure out a revenue model, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
          Can a keg 'tweet'? That's something that I might even consider subscribing to...

Heck if a toilet can Tweet a keg surely can. If you can link a toilet flush into a tweet, you certainly should be able to hook a keg spigot to one.

Comment

Who cares if Bohl tweets? If I were a Bison fan I'd be more interested in winning than tweeting.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              You're right. I'd say Twitter's 15 minutes are ticking away quickly. There's no revenue model. Twitter PAYS to send SMS messages. They have almost no income. They're hoping for a buyer, but what they do is hardly revolutionary. Facebook has already revamped itself to be more "twitter-like". Google won't buy because they like to make money. The main group who are hot on Twitter right now are the owners of media organizations who are grasping for anything that makes them relevant to 18-34 year olds. [sarcasm]And we know what geniuses newspaper owners have been when it comes to leveraging the web [/sarcasm].

I give Twitter another three months as a "sensation" and another 9 after that before the venture capitalists pull their funding. I suppose they might find a buyer or have a eureka moment and figure out a revenue model, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
              I agree. The think I can't figure out is why the limit was set at 144 characters. SMS text is 160-something. Why knock of the extra 20 characters? Saw Charlie Rose ask one of the inventors and basically his response was "we thought that was enough." My impression was it was a marketing tool.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.twitter.com/lakesbison

I got bohl, saul, tim miles, tim brewster on mine too!

Comment

Working...
                X