Trouble with the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble with the law

Evans is a complete stud, i talked to joe mays a few days back, and even he said so.

Mertens will be fine.

if NDSU get offs to a good start, watch out, if they lose a couple, then oh ohhhh.

thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      After the spring game, the Forum indicated that Preston Evans from SF is the new Joe Mays and can put on some real hits. We shall see.
      I saw Preston Evans put on some real hits on the basketball court when he was in high school. If he can hit as well on the football field he will capture some attention in the Valley.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I got to see Preston a lot his senior year. The kid can hit and he's aggressive. He was a very good get for the Bison. Hopefully he can figure out a way to score touchdowns also, they may need him to do that. But I won't count out the Bison until the end. There could very well be an us against the world attitude about them this year that could make them very dangerous. I have to agree with Lakes, if they get off to a good start look out. (Now I have to go take a shower, agreeing with Lakes makes me feel scummy).
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
          Evans is a complete stud, i talked to joe mays a few days back, and even he said so.
          If Joe Mays said it, it must be true...

(Not taking anything away from Preston at all)

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            If Joe Mays said it, it must be true...

(Not taking anything away from Preston at all)
            . . . every time my eyes see Joe Mays my mind reads Billy Mays.

Anybody see "Pitchmen" yet? Is it any good? It looks amusing.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              . . . every time my eyes see Joe Mays my mind reads Billy Mays.

Anybody see "Pitchmen" yet? Is it any good? It looks amusing.
              Everytime I see Joe Mays, I think of the former Twins pitcher, not the linebacker for the Bison...

Comment

Every time an NDSU fan mentions Joe Mays I picture him hitting the guy off of Cory Koenig to allow him to score a touchdown on the 4th down play
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  Every time an NDSU fan mentions Joe Mays I picture him hitting the guy off of Cory Koenig to allow him to score a touchdown on the 4th down play
                  I could watch that play every day. Mays didn't know what hit him.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                    There could very well be an us against the world attitude about them this year that could make them very dangerous
                    Meh. I don't think they've got enough talent on offense to back up that 'us against the world' attitude on the field. Also, I don't think the talent they've got on their team is molded of the stuff that rises to occasions.

Bison fans may flame away, but we all know that Bohl recruited these kids promising them a shot at a national championship. Now that's all but dead for the next couple years, and I have to think the players on the team aren't made of stuff that makes the most out of lean times.

Comment

bohl recruits on national championships, because anytime NDSU doesnt reach that is a DISAPPOINTMENT for the programs, the fans, the university.

now, a RECRUIT should choose NDSU because of the 8 players that got signed (or invited) by NFL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Meh. I don't think they've got enough talent on offense to back up that 'us against the world' attitude on the field. Also, I don't think the talent they've got on their team is molded of the stuff that rises to occasions.

Bison fans may flame away, but we all know that Bohl recruited these kids promising them a shot at a national championship. Now that's all but dead for the next couple years, and I have to think the players on the team aren't made of stuff that makes the most out of lean times.
                        We have plenty of talent, need some leadership on offense, defense will be very good though. The team could be anywhere from 6-5 to 8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Good grief...at this rate, NDSU won't even have a team to field in 09.

RR, believe, based on another thread, that the correct verb here would be, "turf." Jacks "field" teams. IndoorBison "turf" them.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            We have plenty of talent, need some leadership on offense, defense will be very good though. The team could be anywhere from 6-5 to 8-3.
                            Defense should be good, but I'm curious about player psychology, and if the offense can't keep the defense off the field, the Bison could end up having a lot of games where they hang tight for the first 2-3 quarters and then fall apart as the defense wears out. After a few of those games, the defense might end up playing worse start to finish....

Not to mention the pressure on the defense right out of the gate because the Bison are not going to be a come-from-behind team (IMO, at least, because of how iffy they are at both the QB & WR slots).

I mean the Bison kind of remind me of the Vikings. Suspect QB and no 'go to' guy at the WR slot.

----

Another comparison would be the SDSU men's team from last year, or the year before. There was not depth at key spots, there was not enough talent at other spots, and while (in both years) the team showed enough heart to win games they shouldn't have, on balance, they weren't competitive.

IMO, that's about where the NDSU football program is right now--they might gut out a win or two that they shouldn't win on paper, but on balance, the conference is just too competitive for the weaknesses they've got.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              Defense should be good, but I'm curious about player psychology, and if the offense can't keep the defense off the field, the Bison could end up having a lot of games where they hang tight for the first 2-3 quarters and then fall apart as the defense wears out. After a few of those games, the defense might end up playing worse start to finish....

Not to mention the pressure on the defense right out of the gate because the Bison are not going to be a come-from-behind team (IMO, at least, because of how iffy they are at both the QB & WR slots).

I mean the Bison kind of remind me of the Vikings. Suspect QB and no 'go to' guy at the WR slot.

----

Another comparison would be the SDSU men's team from last year, or the year before. There was not depth at key spots, there was not enough talent at other spots, and while (in both years) the team showed enough heart to win games they shouldn't have, on balance, they weren't competitive.

IMO, that's about where the NDSU football program is right now--they might gut out a win or two that they shouldn't win on paper, but on balance, the conference is just too competitive for the weaknesses they've got.
                              http://ballstate.scout.com/a.z?s=335...=1&nid=2448078

this guy might have something to say about that, he is a beast, can flat out move!! granted we still need someone to get the ball to him
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

sid haynes- check the offers, W O W !

Schools of Interest:SchoolInterest LevelOffer?Attended Camp?Visit DateSigned LOI?
                                UCFVerbalYes None
                                Ball StateNo InterestYes None
                                Georgia TechNo InterestYes None
                                IndianaNo InterestYes None
                                LouisvilleNo InterestYes None
                                LSUNo InterestNo None
                                South CarolinaNo InterestYes None

Comment

Working...
                                X