This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Lost their back up QB.

By the way, bison are 8x champs of nothing anymore. You've only been playing in the division for 5 years. Get over DII
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      what's this???????
      it's called explaining this....

Originally Posted by NoVaJack
      This 16th-ranked pro style quarterback* math blah blah blah doesn't add up. He was fourth-ranked at Arizona State going into spring practice.

thats not even close to bragging. you are stereotyping ME.

Comment

By the way, bison are 8x champs of nothing anymore. You've only been playing in the division for 5 years. Get over DII
        sorry you never won any. even UND won one

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I'll admit I haven't been paying this any attention at all to this thread, which is probably why I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what this comment is trying to say.
          It's OK filbert, I've been paying attention and I have no idea what he's trying to say. I don't think anyone does...

Comment

Good point. At first glance I thought it was "BisonExChamp", which would have been a more interesting (and accurate name) on this board. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
              sorry you never won any. even UND won one
              And yet our little traveling trophy has resided in Brookings the last two years. DII means nothing anymore just like what you did in High School means nothing when you get to college.

Sorry mods I just had to. I promise I'll let it drop now.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

And yet our little traveling trophy has resided in Brookings the last two years. DII means nothing anymore just like what you did in High School means nothing when you get to college.

Sorry mods I just had to. I promise I'll let it drop now.
                Not like it hasn't been in Fargo two years in a row before. It will be back soon enough. Hopefully in October when 8,000 Bison fans are in attendance at CAS.

But that DII tradition does actually matter. NDSU football is a winning factory and recruits see that.

p.s. this is not smack..mods...this is a friendly convo between to people that have a strong love for their programs.

Comment

So I guess that women's title you have in basketball means nothing, your program didn't gain anything from it and it is basically a hunk of metal that sits on a shelf. I bet AJ has it stored back in the janitors closet since there is no reason to even show it off.

Honestly, it is easy to dismiss a team's titles when you don't have them. UNI fans are pros at it, but history must mean something because they have all their playoff appearances listed on the wall at UNI dome. Recruits like to see tradition and tradition drives your donors. NDSU football would not be where it is today without those eight titles.

Comment

General warning: drop the smack.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      General warning: drop the smack.
                      How is that smack?? Smack would be like saying SUE SUCK SH**. or saying COYOTES ARE LIKE KITTENS.

This is just a debate about DII SUCCESS importance

Comment

AJ is selling young ladies on fan support, facilities, and post season chances (probably using appearances in the WNIT and now NCAA more than DII).

Look, do you think Bohl is showing the DII trophies to any of these transfer QB's they are trying to bring in? I bet not. I bet he's telling them they get to play in a great building in front of 19,000 crazy fans, they are playing in a top notch FCS conference that will give them the level of competition necessary to get noticed by pro scouts, then he'll tell them about all the seniors they have put in pro camps, then he'll show them the locker rooms and weight facilities and talk about gear, then he'll take them out on the floor and have their picture floating on the big screens in the corners of the field. DII does not come up.

The DII stuff did some great stuff for exciting the fan base and probably made kids like 8XC want to be a Bison from the day he was 5. They are likely the reason our two fan bases are so far apart. But they aren't what's drawing a kid from Texas, Illinois, California in to play Football or Basketball at either of our schools.

and by the way 8XC, I'll give you 3,500 MAYBE 5,000 but 8,000 is a pipedream
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

AJ is selling young ladies on fan support, facilities, and post season chances (probably using appearances in the WNIT and now NCAA more than DII).

Look, do you think Bohl is showing the DII trophies to any of these transfer QB's they are trying to bring in? I bet not. I bet he's telling them they get to play in a great building in front of 19,000 crazy fans, they are playing in a top notch FCS conference that will give them the level of competition necessary to get noticed by pro scouts, then he'll tell them about all the seniors they have put in pro camps, then he'll show them the locker rooms and weight facilities and talk about gear, then he'll take them out on the floor and have their picture floating on the big screens in the corners of the field. DII does not come up.

The DII stuff did some great stuff for exciting the fan base and probably made kids like 8XC want to be a Bison from the day he was 5. They are likely the reason our two fan bases are so far apart. But they aren't what's drawing a kid from Texas, Illinois, California in to play Football or Basketball at either of our schools.

haha, i still want to play for the bison. present tense. and i guess the amount of fans will depend on the way the team is doing. which could help if we get this new QB

Comment

Bison8x - anything resembling smack is considered smack on the bunny board and you will be banished, even if you're not REALLY smacking, but you throw "underhanded" smacks, then you're smacking and your banished.

therefore, when posting, you just cant win, so I suggest just being nice to our "RIVALS"

right novajack and zoorapa and bballfan54?? see, Lakes get's it, Lakes understand's.

and yes, if Stangel comes to NDSU, he'll be the MOST talented QB ever to play in the MVFC. I said TALENTED

Comment

He probably isn't showing them trophies but I bet he talks about NDSU's tradition and takes them past the "Championship room." I don't think it is a huge deal, but it is part of the puzzle. It isn't just swept under the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                                Bison8x - anything resembling smack is considered smack on the bunny board and you will be banished, even if you're not REALLY smacking, but you throw "underhanded" smacks, then you're smacking and your banished.

therefore, when posting, you just cant win, so I suggest just being nice to our "RIVALS"

right novajack and zoorapa and bballfan54?? see, Lakes get's it, Lakes understand's.

and yes, if Stangel comes to NDSU, he'll be the MOST talented QB ever to play in the MVFC. I said TALENTED
                                Underhanded Smack - Smack. What two words do these jumbles of letters have in common? Smack. That's why you can't do it outside the smack section. You can definitely make points when you post without using smack can't you?

Sorry.

PL

/Thread drift.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X