Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU-Gophers

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    That's still 2 years away. Plus can't count on Brewster staying with the Gophers for too long.
    Unless they fire him tomorrow, he'll be there. The Big Ten schools have a recent track record of giving coaches some time to succeed (for example, Kirk Ferentz who won three games in his first two years and Ron Zook who's finally got a respectable club this year).
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think alot of the blame for the Gophers can still be shifted to Mason. Almost all the players this year are Mason's, Brewster did not really get a chance to recruit his own for a full year. Gophers start alot of true freshman and it was no secret that Glen Mason wasn't really a recruiting genious. Not saying that he never had some great players, but 4-5 guys won't win alot of football games especially in the Big Ten. Can't take anything away from the Bison though, they obviously have one heck of a good football team. Three wins out of four games against FBS opponets over the past two years is quite an accomplishment. November 17 could be quite a day for SDSU!

Comment

Congrats, Bison fans! I was a-rootin' for ya!

Can't say I'll do the same come November 21st!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          Congrats, Bison fans! I was a-rootin' for ya!

Can't say I'll do the same come November 21st!
          Nov. 17th

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
            Nov. 17th
            CRAP!!!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I'll make a prediction on this one. NDSU-35 Gophers-27.

Good luck to the Bison. If they can beat the Gophs, that will make the Jackrabbits' victory in November even sweeter.
              Dream on boys... dream on...

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
                Dream on boys... dream on...
                Uh, the Bison fans better be dreaming of a calm 60-degree afternoon on an immaculate field because that's what they are used to playing on...I'm guessing 20-degrees, windy, and snow on the field for Nov. 17...when is the last time the Bison have played in those conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                  Uh, the Bison fans better be dreaming of a calm 60-degree afternoon on an immaculate field because that's what they are used to playing on...I'm guessing 20-degrees, windy, and snow on the field for Nov. 17...when is the last time the Bison have played in those conditions?
                  Why is it assumed that since we play indoors in a beautiful facility that isn't falling apart we are less qualified to win an outside game in cold temperatures? Don't worry NighHawk we will be there with 10,000 fans. 8 homefield games just isn't fair.

Comment

The Bison practice outside in the same conditions so I'm not worried about playing in less then perfect conditions.

Comment

The middle of November is still fine weather for outdoor football. It's not like the NFL where you're still playing in January. When 2009 comes around, the Gophers will not be as bad as they are in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                        When 2009 comes around, the Gophers will not be as bad as they are in 2007.
                        Good. That will make the beating we put on them even more impressive.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

You're more than welcome to try. I know it's early, but would anyone care to hazard a guess how many SDSU fans will come to the 2009 game? I would guess a lot more than Montana State will bring in 2008, but less than NDSU brought.

Comment

Doesn't the new stadium open up in 2009? That could be a tough ticket to get if so.

Comment

Yep, 2009. Nine more games to play as a tenant in the dome. There will be less seating, at 50,000, with some temporary seating being possible. I have never gotten an answer on just how many temporary seats could be added. There is expansion capability to about 80,000 if there is demand for it down the road. But the 50,000 seat stadium is what we could get funding for.

It will make it a tougher ticket for the bigger games, but for other games it will make the stadium seem less cavernous. I've been to NSIC games at the dome, and even with a crowd that would fill an NSIC stadium, it's feels like a ghost town.

At least there won't be obstructed view seats any more. I've sat in them at Vikings games where you have to bend around the pillars. Still, at 50,000, I don't think it will be too tough for Jacks fans to get tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X