X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU-Gophers

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
    Is the game going to be on FSN North?
    No, the game will be on the mighty Big Ten Network. Which means no one will be able to see it.

Go State !!!
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Interesting to see that despite all the NDSU/UND hate bubbling up on anygivensaturday that most Siouxsports forumers seem to be rooting for NDSU as a kind of state pride. I seriously doubt that if USD or SDSU were playing (I know, we shall see) that the idea of pulling for the in-state team would have any real effect. My assumption is that USD now hates SDSU (and vice versa) much more than what is the case in North Dakota. Or maybe it's the hockey rivalry at work.

Comment

NDSU leads 17-14 at halftime. Roehl has 200 yards rushing for the Bison.

Comment

About 4 minutes left in the third with the Bison still up 17-14, despite having nearly 300 yards rushing. Two missed FGs and a fumble by the Bison are keeping the Gophs in the game...

Comment

...better add a roughing-the-passer penalty on third down against the Bison to the list of Gopher breaks...they score a touchdown two plays later to take a 21-17 lead at the end of three quarters of play.

Comment

Well, the Bison use the Hammer of Thor (Brown, that is) to retake the lead at 24-21.

Comment

The Bison add a FG after an interception to move ahead 27-21 midway through the 4th quarter. Considering how the Bison are moving the ball, the Gophers probably have one posession left to take the lead and win this one.

Comment

Can't second guess Bohl, but going for that three might come back to haunt 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                    Can't second guess Bohl, but going for that three might come back to haunt 'em.
                    That's what I was thinking...this is looking a lot like last year's game, except with more scoring.

Comment

Stupid Goofs decide to rough up the Bison punter...looks like congrats are in order to the Bison. Take that one, Sid!

Comment

27-21 with NDSU roughly doubling the yardage. Congrats to the Bison on the win.

Comment

Looks like I have the honor of eating crow with the one and only Sid Hartman. Sid and I were about the only ones who picked the Golden Gophers to win. I did think that U of M was going in a better direction under Brewster. Now that is questionable, but without a doubt the Bison wanted this game. So Congradulation to all the Bison faithful. A great win.

Comment

Head Goofball Brewster has said these games with regional FCS programs aren't good for the Gophers' recruiting efforts. Add the Bison handing it to the Goofs today and what are the chances that Minnesota buys its way out of our game up there?

I'm saying it's better than 50-50. I'm sure it's a pretty nice buyout, but I wouldn't count on that game remaining on our schedule.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Head Goofball Brewster has said these games with regional FCS programs aren't good for the Gophers' recruiting efforts. Add the Bison handing it to the Goofs today and what are the chances that Minnesota buys its way out of our game up there?

I'm saying it's better than 50-50. I'm sure it's a pretty nice buyout, but I wouldn't count on that game remaining on our schedule.
                              That's still 2 years away. Plus can't count on Brewster staying with the Gophers for too long.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking, especially if NDSU won today. I hope it doesn't end up being the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X