Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway TV deal

Originally posted by gatewayrabbit
    It appears that the Gateway isn't the only conference the Jacks will be participating in that has a deal with America Channel.  Our friends at the Mid-Con have just followed suit.

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4701

It will only be a matter of time before this channel is offerec throughout SD.
    Needs to be sooner than later. Which company will be the first to make the wise decision to add this network. I might be changing my provider.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.americachannel.us/faq.php

How can I get America ChannelŪ ?
      Several U.S. domestic telcos plan to launch America Channel. We estimate that we've reached agreement with 90% of the projected telco video space. When your telephone company introduces television service to your area, chances are America Channel will be available. RCN will also carry America Channel in NY, Boston, DC, Lehigh Valley, PA, and Chicago. We are also working hard to secure carriage with additional distributors in advance of our launch later this year.

I'm not sure when, but do know the Swiftel(City of Brookings) Communications is making their way through the city setting the infrastructure up to provide telco TV programming available....not sure when that project completion/roll-out is set to occur

When will America ChannelŪ be available?
      America ChannelŪ plans to launch at the start of the 2007-2008 collegiate athletic season. To receive America ChannelŪ in your area, please call or email your local television provider today and ask them to carry America ChannelŪ . 8-)

Comment

Here is the response I received from PrairieWave:

Thank you for your email to the PrairieWave Information Box we
        appreciate your question and comments. Thank you for bringing this information
        to our attention, we've been in conversations with a representative
        from the America Channel and we are strongly considering adding this
        channel to our digital lineup. No agreement has been signed at this time,
        and will inform you and all customers if we are able to added this
        channel to our channel lineup. Thank you again for forwarding this
        information to us. We value your business.

Best Regards,

PrairieWave Communications

It says strongly considering.  I'm hopeful that the information I provided them, including links to the annoucement by the Mid-Con and Gateway conferences, will help them make the right decision.  If anyone else has time e-mail PrairieWave and express interest in the channel.  It will help.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I called my local people here in Regina and asked them to consider THE AMERICA CHANNEL, can't see why they cannot they carry all the other sports channels and all the rubbish too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            Here is the response I received from PrairieWave:

Thank you for your email to the PrairieWave Information Box we
            appreciate your question and comments. Thank you for bringing this information
            to our attention, we've been in conversations with a representative
            from the America Channel and we are strongly considering adding this
            channel to our digital lineup. No agreement has been signed at this time,
            and will inform you and all customers if we are able to added this
            channel to our channel lineup. Thank you again for forwarding this
            information to us. We value your business.

Best Regards,

PrairieWave Communications

It says strongly considering. I'm hopeful that the information I provided them, including links to the annoucement by the Mid-Con and Gateway conferences, will help them make the right decision. If anyone else has time e-mail PrairieWave and express interest in the channel. It will help.

If that's the case, I might have to consider upgrading to Digital Cable!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
            X