Entz Leaving NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entz Leaving NDSU

Reports are coming out that Entz is accepting a new position at an undisclosed location….

Absolute shocker out of Fargo.

Entz heading to USC to be the linebackers coach.

Lol. Must have dreams of acting in Hollywood.

Next NDSU head coach - Roehl or Vigen?

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Entz heading to USC to be the linebackers coach.

Lol. Must have dreams of acting in Hollywood.

Next NDSU head coach - Roehl or Vigen?
      Who knew that the NIL brouhaha wouldn't be the biggest story out of Fargo. Guessing the fact that he wasn't fired frees up money they'd have to allocate for buyout if he were fired

Comment

Couldn’t take the heat as a HC, I guess. Maybe the payday is bigger. Interesting that Braun was successful at Northwestern this year, yet Entz could only get a positions gig

Comment

It's all over the internet now...e.g. :

Yahoo Sports: https://sports.yahoo.com/north-dakot...hssrp_catchall

InForum News (Fargo Forum) https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...another-school

USC's announcement: https://usctrojans.com/news/2023/12/...ers-coach.aspx
          Last edited by JackJD; 12-10-2023, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Saw someone posted on Bisonville that Minnesota pays their LB coach around $850k, so I’d imagine Entz will be making around that or more at USC. Double what his salary is at NDSU so it makes sense why he’d go, plus it’s much less pressure.

Seems like it’ll be either current OC Tyler Roehl or Brent Vigen getting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
              Saw someone posted on Bisonville that Minnesota pays their LB coach around $850k, so I’d imagine Entz will be making around that or more at USC. Double what his salary is at NDSU so it makes sense why he’d go, plus it’s much less pressure.

Seems like it’ll be either current OC Tyler Roehl or Brent Vigen getting the job.
              If Entz's agent/rep got him the salary Rossi reportedly receives, that's quite a coup. Not sure many would say Entz has Rossi's resume as an assistant.

Update: Rossi is reportedly leaving for Spartans.
              Last edited by jakejc795; 12-10-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Just saw a list of possible candidates from a ND publication that had Jason Eck on the list. Pure speculation, but wouldn't that be interesting ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Just saw a list of possible candidates from a ND publication that had Jason Eck on the list. Pure speculation, but wouldn't that be interesting ?
                  Eck reportedly wasn't making much less than Entz, and I'd wonder if family considerations would come into play (with his son a current Vandals player).

I'm guessing this was the article; might as well hire Vigen, who appears to be the lowest paid coach. even after considering the convluted incentive regimen.

I suppose state income taxes could be another consideration, as I believe ND's rates are lower than both ID & MT.

I've seen chatter among the Ungulations that they'd have to break the bank to entice Vigen. I'm not convinced that's the case, given the factors I allude to (taxes, current pay, etc.). Plus, he could implement his QB attrition offense with Miller & Payton.

I've also seen folks mentioning that it was ironic that this news comes out after the media attention regarding the Bison collective; perhaps there were back channel discussions between Entz and the collective's powers that be about this move being a possibility and how releasing details now could position NDSU as a viable alternative for someone like Vigen, whose team had a collective in play last summer.

Comment

One supporting rumor is USC Coach Riley's seat is warm and he's making changes. Entz has good chance at eventually ascending to D-Coordinator. Here's one sports-talk show saying Entz is a good hire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gycmIdlwGqo

Comment

The the flip side would be, if that seat is warm, a position coach would likely not be retained by a new head coach and he could be starting on an assistant coach carousel. Hope not for his sake.

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines. If there were another tarmac firing, someone would have to coach the rest of the season, and someone would have to replace the position the new interim coach had. USC has a strong desire to return to greatness with impatient boosters. The boosters may not have TAMU oil money, so they may be stuck with Riley for a bit. Riley's buyout is supposedly even more than Jimbo's $77 million -> $80-$90million range if he (Riley) had been fired this year.

The Jeff Choate path was Montana State HC -> Texas Co-DC/ILB coach for 2 years -> Nevada HC (2024).

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          no idea what Eck would think of that, but when is the last time NDSU has hired a HC from outside of the NDSU tree? as i wrote in the other thread, it sure feels like the fan base will revolt if Roehl gets the job. is the Vigen stock down? at least a little? doesnt it kind of feel like MSU was supposed to be the clear favorite for next year but somehow has seen their window nearly close

Comment

The day after this happened, I found it funny that there was already a 32 page thread on this on Bisonville.(the next morning)
                            And 10 posts below that was
                            "Fire Entz, save the season"

Good for Coach Entz. I think he's a good coach, and he has always seemed like a really good guy. I don't blame him at all for wanting out of there. (plus the pay bump is HUGE)

Comment

It is interesting that most Bison fans have seemed to want to move on from Entz for a couple years. Now that he has moved on you would think they would be happy.

Instead, it is more like how dare he leave us at NDSU.

Silly Bison fans!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X