USD 24 NDSU 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD 24 NDSU 19

I'm watching the replay of USD v. NDSU at the FargoDome 9/30/23. USD looking like they came to play right from the start...no indication the Coyotes are impressed by NDSU's #2 FCS rank. Still watching the game but I know USD scored first and led the entire way.

In the pre-game handshake, the TV commentators noted that NDSU Coach Entz played at Wartburg College for USD Coach Bob Nielson. Nielson became the Wartburg head coach 1991-95. Entz graduated from Wartburg in 1995.

Former SDSU standout receiver and assistant coach, Josh Davis, the new Offensive Coordinator at USD, is calling a good game.

As of this writing, the new polls (Coaches' and Stats Perform) have not been published...the USD victory should cause a significant rearrangement in the polls.

Argus Leader is living up to its standard today. There is not a write up on this game. In addition to this omission, the Jackrabbit game does not have any print either after the front page directs readers to B1 for the recap. The story is not there.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Argus Leader is living up to its standard today. There is not a write up on this game. In addition to this omission, the Jackrabbit game does not have any print either after the front page directs readers to B1 for the recap. The story is not there.
      So you're saying that B-1 "bombed"?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I'm watching the replay of USD v. NDSU at the FargoDome 9/30/23. USD looking like they came to play right from the start...no indication the Coyotes are impressed by NDSU's #2 FCS rank. Still watching the game but I know USD scored first and led the entire way.

In the pre-game handshake, the TV commentators noted that NDSU Coach Entz played at Wartburg College for USD Coach Bob Nielson. Nielson became the Wartburg head coach 1991-95. Entz graduated from Wartburg in 1995.

Former SDSU standout receiver and assistant coach, Josh Davis, the new Offensive Coordinator at USD, is calling a good game.

As of this writing, the new polls (Coaches' and Stats Perform) have not been published...the USD victory should cause a significant rearrangement in the polls.
        Coaches updated, but STATS still laggardly.

May be in minority, but I hope NDSU keeps dropping. 'Yotes may have argument to be higher than #21, but their upcoming games don't offer much hope to gain ground, unless upsets occur.

Comment

NDSU dropping will impact recruiting. I “unbiasly” think they should be much lower.

USeD will choke one this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            NDSU dropping will impact recruiting. I “unbiasly” think they should be much lower.

USeD will choke one this weekend.
            Not opposed to Murray State pulling off upset. Feel sorry for folks making them doormat before they'd ever played conference game

Comment

If USD wins their next 3 weeks before the game in Vermintown, they should be ranked top 5, imo. That is the state of FCS football at this point. #21 seems low, #15 would be about right

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                If USD wins their next 3 weeks before the game in Vermintown, they should be ranked top 5, imo. That is the state of FCS football at this point. #21 seems low, #15 would be about right
                If USD wins every game before they play SDSU AND then they beat SDSU, they might have a chance to be ranked in the top 5. As of right now, they have a very good win @ NDSU but that is about it. The loss to Missouri is respectable.The Youngstown State game will be a good win but beating St Thomas, Lamar, Indiana State and Murray State will not move the rankings much.

Moving up from #15 to #5 for beating Murray State, Youngstown State and Indiana State might beat a reach (unless several teams lose games).

USD might be good but their schedule before the SDSU game will not show much. They do have SDSU , Southern Illinois and UND at the end so they can show how good they are in those games (along with the Youngstown State game). Beating Murray State , Indiana State and Western Illinois (arguably the worst 3 teams in the MVFC) will not move the meter much in their favor.

Preseason rankings are just a crap shoot but I don't know about moving USD up that much before the SDSU game.
                SDSU's preconferance schedule was the same as USD's but, once the conference season starts, they are not even close.

Comment

If the Coyotes win out leading into October 28th, that will make it arguably the biggest game in the history of this rivalry. I'd reckon the Yotes would be Top 10 if they get to 6-1. DakotaDome would be a hell of a place to be, unfortunately it only seats 9,100 which is pretty pathetic.

Comment

Buy your tickets before they are gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X