Murray State in '22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray State in '22?

Since Lindenwood is going into the OVC this fall, I assume they're slotting into Murray State's schedule. Does that get Murray State into the MVFC this year?

Answered my own question. Lindenwood arrives in 22, Murray leaves in 23.

Comment

I would think Murray State would be better fit in ASUN or SoCon as opposed to getting kicked around in the MVFC. That is unless they plan to upgrade the program to compete for playoff spots and a championship.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Announcement tomorrow that Murray State is officially joining the MVFC, effective 2023 https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...L4BU9EiyOnMa5g

Comment

Yuck. They will be the doormat of the league. Get ready for uneven schedules now similar to what is in the Big Sky

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Yuck. They will be the doormat of the league. Get ready for uneven schedules now similar to what is in the Big Sky
            "Uneven;" I'll say. The Jacks will get NDSU and UNI while Youngstown gets teams like the Sycamores and 'Necks

Comment

The obvious six-team divisions are:
              East
              Youngstown State
              Indiana State
              Illinois State
              Western Illinois
              Southern Illinois
              Murray State

West
              North Dakota
              North Dakota State
              South Dakota
              South Dakota State
              Missouri State
              Northern Iowa

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

"Uneven;" I'll say. The Jacks will get NDSU and UNI while Youngstown gets teams like the Sycamores and 'Necks
                honestly, we’re always going to get the tough teams anyhow so it doesn’t much matter I guess. I’d rather play a tougher schedule to prepare than play the cupcake one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

honestly, we’re always going to get the tough teams anyhow so it doesn’t much matter I guess. I’d rather play a tougher schedule to prepare than play the cupcake one.
                  Injuries would be among my primary concerns. Maybe my despisal of teams like the Bison, Panthers, and 'Yotes is clouding my perception, but the style of play increases the risk of injury, and I'd hate for the "East Division" winner to consistently advance and/or be seeded higher due to a disparity in injuries.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how SDSU voted. The NDSU president came out today that he voted no. Saw a tweet that the two XDSU's, USD and one other school did not tweet out welcome messages today.

Comment

I really do like the Valley, but I think if there’s a way to start Summit Football, we should do it. I know the FBS thing is out there too and I won’t go down that rabbit hole. I wish that UNI/ISUr/MSU would prioritize football and join the Summit, but that will never happen. The best we can hope for is the 4 Dakotas, UNC, UST, and maybe WIU.

We need to get back to an all sports conference and a nine team football league. The Valley proved this past spring that FCS football isn’t a commitment for them and when you have a championship caliber program (like we do), we need to be with like minded schools.

Comment

I'm curious why people think we need to be in one conference for all sports.

Comment

call me old fashion, but i like the idea of all sports being in one conference.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            I'm curious why people think we need to be in one conference for all sports.
                            Because that’s what the majority of all schools do and nothing screams instability like having multiple conferences. I’m not talking about things like swimming or wrestling where it’s a much different landscape, but having the majority of your Olympic and football sports in one conference is a sign of stability and longevity. Name one notable football and basketball power that keeps both its sports on different conferences. And Notre Dame/BYU is a unique situation that is definitely the exception instead of the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

Because that’s what the majority of all schools do and nothing screams instability like having multiple conferences. I’m not talking about things like swimming or wrestling where it’s a much different landscape, but having the majority of your Olympic and football sports in one conference is a sign of stability and longevity. Name one notable football and basketball power that keeps both its sports on different conferences. And Notre Dame/BYU is a unique situation that is definitely the exception instead of the rule.
                              I'm just sayin people can't use the all sports phrase and then say except this sport or that one. IMO fit and exposure per sport is important. I'm not sure we are comparable to a football or basketball power school.

Comment

Working...
                              X