MVFC Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC Week 3

MVFC had a good week. The only loss was the Leathernecks in a 62-56 shootout with EWU in Macomb.
    Indiana St wins at the end over E Kentucky 23-21.
    ISUr 31 E Illinois 24
    SUI 55 Dayton 3
    UNI 44 Tommies 3
    UND 38 Drake 0
    NDSU 35 Towson 7
    USD 48 Cal Poly 14
    Next week starts the conference play for 8 teams.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Now that the Cal Poly defense knows that the forward pass exists, maybe their DB's can stay closer than 10 yards to receivers in the rest of their games.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      MVFC had a good week. The only loss was the Leathernecks in a 62-56 shootout with EWU in Macomb.
      Indiana St wins at the end over E Kentucky 23-21.
      ISUr 31 E Illinois 24
      SUI 55 Dayton 3
      UNI 44 Tommies 3
      UND 38 Drake 0
      NDSU 35 Towson 7
      USD 48 Cal Poly 14
      Next week starts the conference play for 8 teams.
      Leathernecks head to Cheney in September 2025.

Wonder if Jacks have ever pursued similar home-home schedule with them, and if so, how far talks progressed

Comment

Has anybody watched USD this year? Are KU and Cal Poly awful? Is USD figuring things out? Both?
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          Has anybody watched USD this year? Are KU and Cal Poly awful? Is USD figuring things out? Both?
          I watched some of the USD at Missouri State game. I’ve listened to a little of their other games on radio (I’m in Watertown and a Watertown station carries the USD.radio broadcast. Another Watertown station, KXLG 99.1 FM, is part of the Jackrabbits’ network. ) It’s hard for me to get a feel for the game from the USD radio guy. He’s pretty excited to be there but may not provide enough info for one to form an opinion on how weak or tough KU and Poly actually were. I watched parts of USD at Missouri State, I thought the Yotes didn’t look that bad but MSU was the better team. USD ran out of gas in the second half and MSU started pushing them around. USD line play is improved but still not up to what we expect from the top five or six teams in the MVFC. Line play and a QB needing a lot of seasoning will continue to hurt USD.

Direct answer: KU is a real stinker of an FBS program and Poly is close to awful in the FCS. MSU is not a bad team and one shouldn’t be surprised they beat USD..

The scary fact is, USD may upset a team or two because, after all, it is the MVFC.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I watched some of the USD at Missouri State game. I’ve listened to a little of their other games on radio (I’m in Watertown and a Watertown station carries the USD.radio broadcast. Another Watertown station, KXLG 99.1 FM, is part of the Jackrabbits’ network. ) It’s hard for me to get a feel for the game from the USD radio guy. He’s pretty excited to be there but may not provide enough info for one to form an opinion on how weak or tough KU and Poly actually were. I watched parts of USD at Missouri State, I thought the Yotes didn’t look that bad but MSU was the better team. USD ran out of gas in the second half and MSU started pushing them around. USD line play is improved but still not up to what we expect from the top five or six teams in the MVFC. Line play and a QB needing a lot of seasoning will continue to hurt USD.

Direct answer: KU is a real stinker of an FBS program and Poly is close to awful in the FCS. MSU is not a bad team and one shouldn’t be surprised they beat USD..

The scary fact is, USD may upset a team or two because, after all, it is the MVFC.
            Watched the second half of the USD-MSU game. Looked like two average teams that kept stumbling over themselves trying to finish the game.

Comment

Part of me hoped it'd be the Bears, because the Jacks don't play them this season to give them a conference loss, but I won't lose sleep over 'Yotes losing either

Comment

I watched some of the USD at Missouri State game. I’ve listened to a little of their other games on radio (I’m in Watertown and a Watertown station carries the USD.radio broadcast. Another Watertown station, KXLG 99.1 FM, is part of the Jackrabbits’ network. ) It’s hard for me to get a feel for the game from the USD radio guy. He’s pretty excited to be there but may not provide enough info for one to form an opinion on how weak or tough KU and Poly actually were. .
                I listened to part of the second half, then my wifi access petered out for a bit. I resumed a bit later on live stats. Listening wasn't really much more informative than live stats. We are really blessed to have the broadcast team that we have.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

I listened to part of the second half, then my wifi access petered out for a bit. I resumed a bit later on live stats. Listening wasn't really much more informative than live stats. We are really blessed to have the broadcast team that we have.
                  Definitely glad I had privilege of listening to Tyler, Scotty, and Alex while driving Saturday.

Learned that it was International Rabbit Day during pregame, and I got to hear Tyler joshin' with Alex about latter's pronunciation of Terra Haute as "Terra Hoot"

​​

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Part of me hoped it'd be the Bears, because the Jacks don't play them this season to give them a conference loss, but I won't lose sleep over 'Yotes losing either
                    If the Bears play the way they did last night, they are going to have trouble with the upper level teams in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Definitely glad I had privilege of listening to Tyler, Scotty, and Alex while driving Saturday.

Learned that it was International Rabbit Day during pregame, and I got to hear Tyler joshin' with Alex about latter's pronunciation of Terra Haute as "Terra Hoot"

​​
                      Agree completely with West-River Jack’s comment about Tyler and the broadcast team and with the above comment from Jakejc. On Jackrabbit game day, when the Jacks are on TV with ESPN or other broadcasters, we have Tyler’s crew for audio.. When Midco is carrying the Jacks playing away from home, the Midco guys do a pretty good job but Tyler is hard to beat.

We get a strong WNAX signal in Watertown but we get a perfect signal from local KXLG FM carrying the flagship WNAX broadcast with Tyler & Co.

I heard the ‘Terra Hoot’ comment.. pretty funny stuff..

USD hosts Indiana State on Saturday, Oct 2. There may be some opportunities to make comparisons with the Jacks’ game at The Hoot.

Comment

Your “voice” guy is very good. Does a great job in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                        X