Sycamore Spring Opt Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sycamore Spring Opt Out

Jacks lose Mar. 27 home game due to Sycamore Spring FB opt out.

A bummer

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      A bummer
      Likely the first of multiple programs to do so. I wonder if foes like Western and UNI are thankful ISU-B potentially made it easier for them to do the same.

SD officials are indicating Priority 1D (e.g., those 65+ and teachers and college staff) individuals could be vaccinated next month, but the bulk of prospective fans wouldn't be vaccinated until May-Dec. at current inoculation rates. Given that, it seems likely that considerably reduced, if any, fan attendance make the economics difficult to reconcile.

Comment

Montana and Montana State has just opted out of the Big Sky Schedule and Playoffs for the Spring. I'm afraid the spring season is going to fall apart. Should have tried to play in the Fall. MVFC just put out a statement that 10 of their member schools intend to play. I hope I'm wrong, but just don't see it. Still no replacement in the conference slate for Indiana State.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Montana and Montana State has just opted out of the Big Sky Schedule and Playoffs for the Spring. I'm afraid the spring season is going to fall apart. Should have tried to play in the Fall. MVFC just put out a statement that 10 of their member schools intend to play. I hope I'm wrong, but just don't see it. Still no replacement in the conference slate for Indiana State.
          That is a big blow to the Big Sky. I am beginning to wonder if a spring season will work. Trying to squeeze it in and then play a fall season may not work. I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Likely the first of multiple programs to do so. I wonder if foes like Western and UNI are thankful ISU-B potentially made it easier for them to do the same.

SD officials are indicating Priority 1D (e.g., those 65+ and teachers and college staff) individuals could be vaccinated next month, but the bulk of prospective fans wouldn't be vaccinated until May-Dec. at current inoculation rates. Given that, it seems likely that considerably reduced, if any, fan attendance make the economics difficult to reconcile.
            It will be interesting to see the numbers from campuses around the country when students have been back for a couple of weeks. The number of basketball programs that are being forced to pause is not encouraging.

Comment

If you're interested in dueling "takes" on this, Zim & John Gaskins and B-Mac and Herd offer comparatively pessimistic and optimistic perspectives (both preceded the Montana developments).

The latter also mentions the transfer implications that could influence the timing of teams opting out (delaying it to reduce potential transfers out of programs).

I tend to agree with Zimmer -- if conferences can't establish a mechanism to recoup schools' losses due to no/reduced attendance (e.g., having a provisional streaming sponsorship for the spring season games involving at least a portion of funds being allocated to schools), it makes little economic sense to play in spring, and if schools like Montana and MSU opt out, it dilutes any "championship" won during spring.

I know I haven't heard anything from Athletics regarding tickets (although I did get an email about the Jacks switching ticketing platforms earlier today), which suggests they might not be as optimistic as Sam Herder

Comment

I know I haven't heard anything from Athletics regarding tickets (although I did get an email about the Jacks switching ticketing platforms earlier today), which suggests they might not be as optimistic as Sam Herder
                Today (15th) was last day for season ticket holders to let the athletics dept know what they wanted done with their football season tickets. Assuming they now know how many season tickets are being used for the upcoming spring season and helps them know what they potentially can sell.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Today (15th) was last day for season ticket holders to let the athletics dept know what they wanted done with their football season tickets. Assuming they now know how many season tickets are being used for the upcoming spring season and helps them know what they potentially can sell.
                  Rolling Fall 2020 purchases to Fall 2021 was discussed in Sept. 2020.

However, I haven't heard anything re. Spring 2021. If the roll over and potential Spring 2021 ticket purchases were mutually exclusive, that was not specified to me last Sept. In fact, the one option detailed in the email I received was:

"Credit your ticket payment to the fall of 2021 football, you would be able to purchase single game tickets for the spring being a season ticket holder."

Did I miss an announcement about upcoming single-game ticket sales?

Comment

Rolling Fall 2020 purchases to Fall 2021 was discussed in Sept. 2020.

However, I haven't heard anything re. Spring 2021. If the roll over and potential Spring 2021 ticket purchases were mutually exclusive, that was not specified to me last Sept. In fact, the one option detailed in the email I received was:

"Credit your ticket payment to the fall of 2021 football, you would be able to purchase single game tickets for the spring being a season ticket holder."

Did I miss an announcement about upcoming single-game ticket sales?
                    I procrastinated this decision until this week, i did not know what i wanted to do yet so i talked to the ticket office and they said single game information is being worked on but the committee who determines attendance and procedures needs to know how many people want to come this spring and set policies for a single game onsale. does not sound like you missed anything at this point, guessing it will be closer to season before that is given to us. i did credit my season tickets to next fall but plan to buy tickets for the spring for hopefully a couple of the games, just cannot make them all unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacksSW View Post

I procrastinated this decision until this week, i did not know what i wanted to do yet so i talked to the ticket office and they said single game information is being worked on but the committee who determines attendance and procedures needs to know how many people want to come this spring and set policies for a single game onsale. does not sound like you missed anything at this point, guessing it will be closer to season before that is given to us. i did credit my season tickets to next fall but plan to buy tickets for the spring for hopefully a couple of the games, just cannot make them all unfortunately.
                      Thank you for the update/clarification.

Comment

Working...
                      X