Central Arkansas vs NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Arkansas vs NDSU

Trey Lance threw an interception. CA leds 20-18.

Lance ran another TD. Bison lead 25-20. Early in the fourth quarter.

Comment

Bison pull it out 38-20

Comment

I listened to a fair amount of the game today. My impressions coming out of the game are. 1. NDSU will not be the powerhouse they think they are if Trey leaves. The offense was pretty anemic except for him. Now granted, it was the first and only game for them, but that is what I took away from it. 2. We should be thankful for Tyler and the crew that does the radio broadcasts. The arrogance and homerism on the "Bizon" radio network was quite evident and annoying, unless you are a buffalo fan. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Bison pull it out 38-20
          It was 39-28 at the end. UCA pulled a bonehead play and got a personal foul call when they had the buffalo stopped on a 3rd down play. NDSU proceeded to score on the next play and it was pretty much over then. The kid that got the flag should feel like a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I listened to a fair amount of the game today. My impressions coming out of the game are. 1. NDSU will not be the powerhouse they think they are if Trey leaves. The offense was pretty anemic except for him. Now granted, it was the first and only game for them, but that is what I took away from it. 2. We should be thankful for Tyler and the crew that does the radio broadcasts. The arrogance and homerism on the "Bizon" radio network was quite evident and annoying, unless you are a buffalo fan. Just my 2 cents.
            I like Phil Hansen(color) quite a bit. Jeff Culhane(play by play) is pretty good, but he's not as good as Scotty Miller was(died way too young of cancer a few years back). Jeremy Jorgenson(sidelines) is just an abomination. He's such a homer that it's absolutely ridiculous. (saying this as a Bison fan)

But the radio crew is still miles better than the TV crew. That one's not about homerism, just quality(or lack thereof).

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post

I like Phil Hansen(color) quite a bit. Jeff Culhane(play by play) is pretty good, but he's not as good as Scotty Miller was(died way too young of cancer a few years back). Jeremy Jorgenson(sidelines) is just an abomination. He's such a homer that it's absolutely ridiculous. (saying this as a Bison fan)

But the radio crew is still miles better than the TV crew. That one's not about homerism, just quality(or lack thereof).
              Phil Hansen is pro and I enjoy his take as well. Jeff Cuhlane worked for USD before joining the Bison bunch. He is like say not a My oh My Miller.by any means. Trey Lance looks to be wasting time playing FCS football. He definitely a Sunday Guy. A whole season with out an interception! Unreal!! I noticed they let the defensive back keep the intercepted ball. Trey will have a great career and that ball may worth something someday. The Bison on their opponents 20 are very dangerous. Always look for QB run.

Comment

Phil Hansen is pro and I enjoy his take as well. Jeff Cuhlane worked for USD before joining the Bison bunch. He is like say not a My oh My Miller.by any means. Trey Lance looks to be wasting time playing FCS football. He definitely a Sunday Guy. A whole season with out an interception! Unreal!! I noticed they let the defensive back keep the intercepted ball. Trey will have a great career and that ball may worth something someday. The Bison on their opponents 20 are very dangerous. Always look for QB run.
                re: Culhane and Miller

Probably more than anyone here wants to know, but my mild beef with Culhane is that he's a bit more of a rah-rah homer than Miller was. Way back, the radio crew was Miller, Hansen and Steve Hallstrom(WDAY TV sports anchor at the time - the job Dom Izzo has now). None of the three were major homers. Mild homers? Sure. But maybe scores of 4-6 on a scale of 10(Hansen 4, Miller 5, Hallstrom 6). But then Hallstrom left the news industry and NDSU eventually hired Jorgenson to be the director of sports marketing for NDSU as well as the sideline reporter. JJ is at least a 9 or 10 on the homer scale. When Miller passed away, JJ was responsible for hiring Culhane, and I think his instructions to Culhane(JJ is basically his boss) informed the way Culhane calls the game. So Culhane is somewhere around a 6 or 7. So we went from a 4, 5, 6 mix to a 4, 6/7, 9/10 mix; or an average of 5 to an average of 6/7. The difference is noticeable, and only Phil is keeping it in check. It bugs me.

Comment

Trey Lance is declaring for the NFL per Yahoo Sports interview with him

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-t...212608951.html
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

No doubt ready to move up. You could tell he was not the run of the mill FCS QB. SDSU has yet find his match. Some say B10 Minnesota missed their calling in not recruiting Lance.

Comment

No doubt ready to move up. You could tell he was not the run of the mill FCS QB. SDSU has yet find his match. Some say B10 Minnesota missed their calling in not recruiting Lance.

Comment

Comment

Was this a "meta" take on the "Lance quality" by posting it three times for Trey

How about "2021 will have the Valley 'J'Bored'" with all of the Trey talk" for some optimism?

We can add something like "can't 'Heide' him any longer" in the event Heide is anointed starter

Comment

Working...
                            X