MVFC Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC Recruiting

To see who each school signed. http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...g-roundup.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: MVFC Recruiting

Hero Sports has been doing recaps by position and now has shifted to "top 30" by conference. Yesterday they covered the MVFC. https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...-oct-2018-ajaj
    NDSU with 8
    SDSU with 6
    ILL St and Ind St with 3 a piece
    UNI, YSU, SIU, USD, MSU, with 2 each
    WIU and MSU with 1

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Hero Sports has been doing recaps by position and now has shifted to "top 30" by conference. Yesterday they covered the MVFC. https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...-oct-2018-ajaj
      NDSU with 8
      SDSU with 6
      ILL St and Ind St with 3 a piece
      UNI, YSU, SIU, USD, MSU, with 2 each
      WIU and MSU with 1
      SDSU might have 6 players but they are numbers 25, 27, 28, 29 and 30. That means they could drop down in the standings quickly.
      I figured that I'd post this just in case people don't open the attachment and think SDSU is way ahead of everybody except for NDSU.

Comment

I love recruiting, but it's all subjective anyway. In my opinion, Caden Johnson is not the 4th best defensive lineman that will be playing in the MVFC out of this class. Four linebackers better than Payton Schafer and Thomas Motzko, I don't think so.

We all know that Goedert and Wieneke probably didn't make the top grades in their MVFC recruiting class and I don't think anyone would rather replace those players with those who may have been ranked higher than them in high school. It's just cool to recognize the talent that is being recruited by the Jackrabbits and our peers.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          SDSU might have 6 players but they are numbers 25, 27, 28, 29 and 30. That means they could drop down in the standings quickly.
          I figured that I'd post this just in case people don't open the attachment and think SDSU is way ahead of everybody except for NDSU.
          Yeah, what a terrible thought that would be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

While I think the talent we're getting is awesome and is a sign of our success, the bigger deal is how we're getting them I think. With so many kids in this 2019 recruiting class committing early over the summer, that shows excitement about the program, and kids ready to come in and be a part of Jackrabbit football. Hopefully we can hold onto this class, because it looks to be an incredible haul.

Comment

USD loses their QB commit Nick Howard. He's headed to Cornell instead... Wise decision.
              https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...ll/1682521002/

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                USD loses their QB commit Nick Howard. He's headed to Cornell instead... Wise decision.
                https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...ll/1682521002/
                You mean to tell me an actual ivy league School is better then the "Harvard on the prairie"? My apologies for the smak-ish nature of that post. I'll warm myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

NDSU offers QB Jayden Johanssen. Are we done with QBs in our class?

https://twitter.com/JaydenJohannsen/...356398594?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    NDSU offers QB Jayden Johanssen. Are we done with QBs in our class?

https://twitter.com/JaydenJohannsen/...356398594?s=19
                    We should offer Jayden. If only because it would guarantee that is Mom would be at the games. Good lord she is hot.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      We should offer Jayden. If only because it would guarantee that is Mom would be at the games. Good lord she is hot.
                      Ahhhhhh yes, that is in the Little League draft guidelines I believe. First few rounds you draft the best players available, last few, draft players based off of their mom's looks.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                        LOL! Did I read his twitter account correctly: he was offered by Augie and announced he accepted on Sept 5; then he was offered by Dakota Wesleyan and announced he accepted on October 11. Now he received an offer from NDSU but hasn't announced he's accepted that one. He's going to be a busy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          LOL! Did I read his twitter account correctly: he was offered by Augie and announced he accepted on Sept 5; then he was offered by Dakota Wesleyan and announced he accepted on October 11. Now he received an offer from NDSU but hasn't announced he's accepted that one. He's going to be a busy guy.
                          Reread his Twitter he retweeted others that verballed to DWU & Augie. Johanssen has a bunch of NSIC school offers. I would venture the NDSU offer is a PWO.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Reread his Twitter he retweeted others that verballed to DWU & Augie. Johanssen has a bunch of NSIC school offers. I would venture the NDSU offer is a PWO.
                            Yeah, you're right. I reread the tweets (retweets)...slowly . Scanning through a twitter account is confusing!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Yeah NDSU's offer is a PWO. They lost their previous PWO QB to a Minnesota PWO offer. Musical chairs continues.

Comment

Working...
                              X