Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YSU to start selling beer in stadium

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YSU to start selling beer in stadium

    Let's do it... definitely a revenue opportunity from sales and advertising. It feels like it's only a matter of time. Hopefully sooner than later. For all of the naysayers - when there are SDSU basketball games at the pentagon or the denny, have there been any beer related issues?

    http://www.wfmj.com/story/36293945/y...football-games

    Here's a dated map of the college stadiums that sell beer, looks like it only shows FBS schools though.


  • #2
    YSU to start selling beer in stadium

    The naysayers will say there weren't students there and it's not on campus.

    Realistically if you can't trust the university to be able to check someone's ID when they get beer then we have bigger issues. If you're worried about someone buying beer for an underager back in the student section, then only allow people to purchase one beer at a time. If someone's going to get beer as an underager beyond that then they are going to likely sneak alcohol into the stadium anyways. I think it would be a great revenue generator not only from the actual sales but from sponsorships itself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

      Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      For all of the naysayers - when there are SDSU basketball games at the pentagon or the denny, have there been any beer related issues?]
      My wife would say that there has been...that might be a "me" problem



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

        I don't see this happening with our current president.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

          Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          I don't see this happening with our current president.
          BINGO
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

            Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Let's do it... definitely a revenue opportunity from sales and advertising. It feels like it's only a matter of time. Hopefully sooner than later. For all of the naysayers - when there are SDSU basketball games at the pentagon or the denny, have there been any beer related issues?

            http://www.wfmj.com/story/36293945/y...football-games

            Here's a dated map of the college stadiums that sell beer, looks like it only shows FBS schools though.

            I agree that having alcohol available at a game in a nice perk and most fans will enjoy so responsibly. However, the semi final nights of the men's tournament the last 2 years came real close to having some major beer related incidents.

            Two years ago it was avoided by the leading free throw shooter in the conference missing the front end of a one and one that could have given Denver the victory and likely led to a near riot. Several SDSU fans were visibly upset with some of the calls late in the game and tournament officials were worried about crowd control had SDSU lost the game.

            Last year (in the game I would like to forget) when Orris the winning shot for SDSU, a SDSU fan was half way over the bleacher railing behind press row headed to the court before he was stopped by an alert SDSU official. There was still time left on the clock and had he made it on the court it would have put the referees in a difficult position.
            USD Fan

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

              I would guess a good percentage of fans are going to be walking into the stadium with a low to moderate and some high intake of alcohol before the game, I don't see how letting people come in who were drinking and and someone having a beer inside the stadium be much different.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

              Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                Originally posted by hareball View Post
                I agree that having alcohol available at a game in a nice perk and most fans will enjoy so responsibly. However, the semi final nights of the men's tournament the last 2 years came real close to having some major beer related incidents.

                Two years ago it was avoided by the leading free throw shooter in the conference missing the front end of a one and one that could have given Denver the victory and likely led to a near riot. Several SDSU fans were visibly upset with some of the calls late in the game and tournament officials were worried about crowd control had SDSU lost the game.

                Last year (in the game I would like to forget) when Orris the winning shot for SDSU, a SDSU fan was half way over the bleacher railing behind press row headed to the court before he was stopped by an alert SDSU official. There was still time left on the clock and had he made it on the court it would have put the referees in a difficult position.
                You're making the assumption that if both of those games were at Frost and there was no beer, those things wouldn't have happened...? Big leap imo. I hadn't drank a drop the night of the Denver game, and I almost lost my s*** when they called a foul on us at the end.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                  Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  You're making the assumption that if both of those games were at Frost and there was no beer, those things wouldn't have happened...? Big leap imo. I hadn't drank a drop the night of the Denver game, and I almost lost my s*** when they called a foul on us at the end.
                  some personal responsibility needs to be in order too. With or with out alcohol. A bunch of USD fans were drinking around us at the summit tourney but were not an issue. Just when we made it close late they left I think to avoid the pain of losing the game since it was such a weird game. We had a few beers as they did and we just were lucky orris hit the shot and celebrated the win. I would think it would be just a handful of fans in any situation who have to much and ruin it for others. No different then going to a concert.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                  Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                    I'd love for them to sell beer so I can stop sneaking in alcohol. Feels weird to be approaching 30 and still sneaking in hooch.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                      I always enjoy going to the Omaha game and watching with a beer. They are very effective at limiting my intake by the $$ they charge.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                        Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        I don't see this happening with our current president.
                        Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        BINGO
                        I'm not familiar enough with Dunn to know why this would be the case. Can someone fill me in?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                          I wouldn't be completely shocked if Dunn wouldn't be open to this. I think if policy was well written and risk was minimal along with the prospect of additional revenue, Dr Dunn would consider it. I may even ask him if given the opportunity, he's generally quite open.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                            Originally posted by hareball View Post
                            I agree that having alcohol available at a game in a nice perk and most fans will enjoy so responsibly. However, the semi final nights of the men's tournament the last 2 years came real close to having some major beer related incidents.

                            Two years ago it was avoided by the leading free throw shooter in the conference missing the front end of a one and one that could have given Denver the victory and likely led to a near riot. Several SDSU fans were visibly upset with some of the calls late in the game and tournament officials were worried about crowd control had SDSU lost the game.

                            Last year (in the game I would like to forget) when Orris the winning shot for SDSU, a SDSU fan was half way over the bleacher railing behind press row headed to the court before he was stopped by an alert SDSU official. There was still time left on the clock and had he made it on the court it would have put the referees in a difficult position.
                            Sounds like a typical SDSU game from the days in the dome and they don't sell alcohol in there.

                            I don't have a strong feelings one way or another. That said, I have club seats and access to the hospitality room at Frost so beer is available to me and I do partake.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

                            We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: YSU to start selling beer in stadium

                              Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I'm not familiar enough with Dunn to know why this would be the case. Can someone fill me in?
                              Alcohol very bad. He was not happy that college kids were drinking at the Jacks bash (really?). I also think this is where the increase of patrol is coming from during tailgating.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X