Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC Playoff Outlook

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Is it just me or is this and some other tweets from our coaching staff this year incredibly childish? Personally I think there is no place for our coaches to be posting garbage like this on Twitter.
    Actually, I think your post is a lot harsher and more inflammatory than the coach's tweet.
    This space for lease.

Comment

My take, it was a jab at NDSU'S "winning culture". Basically, they win because they expect to win, and prepare to win.
      Which is complete ish.
      Everyone tries to win. To say the Bison win because they try harder to win, is a slap in the face to every other team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Actually, I think your post is a lot harsher and more inflammatory than the coach's tweet.
        I agree with you there. The issue at hand is that I'm not a D-I assistant football coach saying unprofessional things on Twitter in which anyone can see.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          I agree with you there. The issue at hand is that I'm not a D-I assistant football coach saying unprofessional things on Twitter in which anyone can see.
          There is plenty of smack out there from people associated with D1 programs. I could likely find you one from NDSU directed toward Michigan after Iowa defeated Michigan. Sometimes we might just look for some humor or light hearted smack rather than get offended as a first line of defense. It did not seem to be at the level of personal injury or slanderous intent.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            There is plenty of smack out there from people associated with D1 programs. I could likely find you one from NDSU directed toward Michigan after Iowa defeated Michigan. Sometimes we might just look for some humor or light hearted smack rather than get offended as a first line of defense. It did not seem to be at the level of personal injury or slanderous intent.
            This is sort of what I thought. Social media has just made it easier to do this, and it's usually done out of jest with respect for each other. Sometimes it isn't, usually in really heated rivalries such as Ohio St. vs Michigan, but people usually just want a little laugh. (Should note, all I can think of is Harbaugh being like this all the time. Whiny, little crybaby.)
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Privately, I think the NDSU coaching staff would agree with Coach Eck. The Bison at times appeared very unmotivated especially in the 4th quarter. NDSU staff no doubt knows and coaches their kids to the concept of the game being 60 minutes and you give it all for 60 minutes. That did not happen last night and the staff is now packing their bags for a recruiting trip as I tap out this post.

Comment

MVFC Playoff Outlook

If we would have taken care of Cal Poly there's a pretty good chance there would be a game in Brookings right about now. Currently -8 degrees with a -32 windchill. Try to picture that.....

Comment

Even with one more win, I don't think we would have been better than the 3 seed, behind NDSU and EWU.

Comment

True.

One more win, two more wins, either one is kind of beside the point. I wonder what would have happened had we been hosting this weekend. "Crowd" size, offensive struggles, etc... it would have been very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      I think the coaches, and perhaps players, bought into how,SDSU "dominated" the first game. When that didnt happen right away the offense was lost. Then the fact that we decided to give 10yd cushions was killer on defense.

The Dukes played better, with a better game plan, than SDSU half last week.
                      You could argue that your first point was the case for most of the games after the YSU game, mostly the offense. They certainly weren't peaking to end the season and maybe some of that could be attributable to feeling themselves a bit too much. Easy to happen to a young team getting unprecedented press with three players being talked about as Peyton Award contenders. We peaked early and didn't sustain it.

Also, JMU is a better team than us. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

YSU appears to have won the game at EWU on last play of game.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          YSU appears to have won the game at EWU on last play of game.
                          And what a crazy ending that was. WOW!
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Youngstown's clock management at the end could have cost them, but they managed to pull the W out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Youngstown's clock management at the end could have cost them, but they managed to pull the W out anyway.
                              Can't win in the conference, but the selection committee hands them an easy road to the championship game

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Can't win in the conference, but the selection committee hands them an easy road to the championship game
                                They played their asses off and beat a 3 seed (Jacksonville St.) And a 2 seed (Eastern Wash) to get there.

I wouldnt call that an easy road, especially since I have my doubts that SDSU couldve wouldve done the same.

YSU is Playing great at the right time.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X