Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    I don't necessarily think so... If he wants to play 4 years total - and no additional years at USD - this is the way to do it. Soph at IWCC and 2 at FBS. If he went FBS now would miss this fall's season and have 2 to play - leading to only 3 total years on the field.
    Maybe he and perhaps others wanted to play for Joe and he has options this way.

Comment

Jay Elsen
      ‏@ElsenMidcoSN
      Source confirms that former USD DE Andrew Van Ginkel has transferred to Iowa Western and plans to move to FBS school after next season.

4 year-2 year-4 year transfer rules

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/...sfer-rules.htm

Comment

Can anyone confirm if Ed had anything to do with this? #FearEd

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Well, well BULLDOG - I guess our coaches made the right call then on this kid after all. Despite the monster year he had this year. If a kid can't cut it in the classroom then it doesn't matter how good they are. I commend our coaches for making the proper judgement call on this kid's academic future when and if they ever did look at him.
          I hope VG sues you for slander. Dick.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Well, well BULLDOG - I guess our coaches made the right call then on this kid after all. Despite the monster year he had this year. If a kid can't cut it in the classroom then it doesn't matter how good they are. I commend our coaches for making the proper judgement call on this kid's academic future when and if they ever did look at him.
            Do you have proof this is related to academics?

There are an awful lot of reasons that make a lot of sense why Van Ginkel would elect to do this.

Comment

Re: USD Van Ginkel

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
              Twitter (Jay Elsen) reporting Van Ginkel leaving USD.... .Wonder where he ends up?
              Nothing at all to do with academics, so those that started this rumor you might want to stop it before that gets on social media. He's always felt he was an FBS player. And now with the cleaning house at Vermillion he thought this was the time to try it. He lost his position coach and I think that was the last straw. Andrew is a great kid and we would be proud of him if he wore Jack blue. Who knows what will happen at Iowa Western. He will certainly get FBS offers, but maybe SDSU has another shot at him. I know that Iowa has been a place he's wanted to attend, but I have not talked to him directly the past couple months. The rumor of him leaving for Iowa Western is true, but it is not for academic, law breaking or behavior. I wish him the best at Iowa Western and understand his decision especially after the coaching changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                Nothing at all to do with academics, so those that started this rumor you might want to stop it before that gets on social media. He's always felt he was an FBS player. And now with the cleaning house at Vermillion he thought this was the time to try it. He lost his position coach and I think that was the last straw. Andrew is a great kid and we would be proud of him if he wore Jack blue. Who knows what will happen at Iowa Western. He will certainly get FBS offers, but maybe SDSU has another shot at him. I know that Iowa has been a place he's wanted to attend, but I have not talked to him directly the past couple months. The rumor of him leaving for Iowa Western is true, but it is not for academic, law breaking or behavior. I wish him the best at Iowa Western and understand his decision especially after the coaching changes.
                Well said.

Comment

@Bulldog. That makes sense. I doubt he would come back to the MVFC, after all he is leaving to move up a division, not waste a year and move laterally.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Handwriting is on the wall by making this move. Lets see, USD Deans list? Nope.
                    I probably being unfair here, but I never made the Dean's list in fact I never came close.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Do you have proof this is related to academics?

There are an awful lot of reasons that make a lot of sense why Van Ginkel would elect to do this.
                      I will admit I assumed it was for academics and because of that my post was pre-mature. I apologize to BULLDOG and Mr. Van Ginkel. I should have waited until more details became available for making such comments. I deserve what I got here and I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                        @Bulldog. That makes sense. I doubt he would come back to the MVFC, after all he is leaving to move up a division, not waste a year and move laterally.
                        Right on. If he plays well at JUCO, someone at the highest level will cone calling. No telling who it might be, or where in the country you could end up, but if he feels he is good enough then go for it, kid. I hope it works out well for him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

There's nothing out there to suggest academics has anything to do with it. That said, its far from slander to speculate that someone might have academic issues. Good God people.

Would appear he wants to play at the next level and the best way for him to stay in game shape is to transfer down for 1 year (avoid having to sit out) and then sign with a different FCS program or a FBS school.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No matter the reason, at least we don't have to try and stop the guy for the next 3 years!

Comment

No matter the reason, at least we don't have to try and stop the guy for the next 3 years!
                              Right!!!! No fearing VanGinkel.

Comment

Because if he ends up at NDSU it will only be for 2 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X