SDSU (4-2 and 7-2) @WIU
    YSU (3-3 and 5-4) @ISU-b
    UNI (3-3 and 5-4) vs. SIU
    USD (3-3 and 5-4) @ISU-r
    WIU (3-3 and 4-5) vs. SDSU
    ISU-b (2-4 and 4-5) vs. YSU
    SIU (2-4 and 3-6) @UNI
    MSU (0-6 and 1-8) @NDSU
    Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 11-14-2015, 04:59 PM.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 11/14 Games, Predictions, and Scores: MVFC Week 7

Look out for UNI - three straight with two more wins likely to come. They'll probably be playing into December (or longer).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Look out for UNI - three straight with two more wins likely to come. They'll probably be playing into December (or longer).
      Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing SIU knock them off. Wish we would have just done the job ourselves 2 weeks ago. I really don't want to meet up with UNI in the playoffs. Although I think we can beat them, I would rather not have to.

Comment

This USD game is going to be really tough. I think State can win, but it's not going to be easy. Biggest game for USD at home in a while I'd assume.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Have to root for ISU-B to win at home against Western Illinois. Would make the Jacks season finale in Macomb kind of meaningless for the Leathernecks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Have to root for ISU-B to win at home against Western Illinois. Would make the Jacks season finale in Macomb kind of meaningless for the Leathernecks.
            In my opinion, Western Illinois's season is over except for spoiler. . Best they can do is 6-5.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              This USD game is going to be really tough. I think State can win, but it's not going to be easy. Biggest game for USD at home in a while I'd assume.
              Biggest since the last time they played SDSU at home. #CountdownClock
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

As I said to my nephew, the USD grad, USD better not give up 31 pts next week because State won't.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

SDSU 38, USD 7
                  WIU 14, ISU-b 24
                  NDSU 21, YSU 31 (I have to go out on a limb every week...been doing ok so far).
                  ISU-r 28, SIU 38 (Two limbs in my way this week).
                  UNI 52, MSU 10

Comment

SDSU 28 @ USD 14
                    WIU 17 @ ISU-b 24
                    NDSU 31 @ YSU 34
                    ISU-r 54 @ SIU 36
                    UNI 33 @ MSU 7

Comment

SDSU 30 @ USD 20
                      WIU 14 @ ISU-b 31
                      NDSU 38 @ YSU 14
                      ISU-r 34 @ SIU 31
                      UNI 55 @ MSU 10

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        In my opinion, Western Illinois's season is over except for spoiler. . Best they can do is 6-5.
                        This is correct. Our game at ISUb is entirely meaningless other than for pride for both teams...we're both out of the playoff picture as of last weekend. We can play spoiler against you guys, but that's about it (and pretty unlikely considering the stadium will be practically empty and how badly we've been playing the last couple of weeks).
                        Scott
                        Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                        Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Originally posted by ST_Lawson View Post
                          This is correct. Our game at ISUb is entirely meaningless other than for pride for both teams...we're both out of the playoff picture as of last weekend. We can play spoiler against you guys, but that's about it (and pretty unlikely considering the stadium will be practically empty and how badly we've been playing the last couple of weeks).
                          What happened to your team this year? It started so promising. Are there pieces you can build off of for next year?

Comment

SDSU 31 @ USD 7
                            WIU 24 @ ISU-b 21
                            NDSU 45 @ YSU 10
                            ISU-r 38 @ SIU 28
                            UNI 41 @ MSU 0

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              What happened to your team this year? It started so promising. Are there pieces you can build off of for next year?
                              That's kinda what we're all feeling like right about now....."what happened?"
                              It's hard to say for sure, but what I've seen: a couple of injuries that didn't seem "key" at first, but led to things like having more trouble protecting the QB and defending big passes; defenses figuring out how to stop Nikko Watson (much of the running game) and Norvell (QB) being asked to throw a lot more in difficult situations; and young DBs giving up big pass plays. I think that Watson is kinda the key to a lot of the offense. If he can get moving, the whole thing opens up and passes start coming more easily. In games where he had over 100 yards rushing, we were 3-1 (only loss was the close one against Coastal Carolina)...in games where he had less, we're 0-3. It also seems like Norvell has just not been on target the last few games...part of that is that the opposing defenses seem to be getting to him faster, but also we were going against some pretty good pass defenses...Illinois State, Youngstown, NDSU. Still...a lot more passes aren't quite hitting their targets than seemed to earlier in the season. The games at Coastal Carolina, home against USD, and at Northern Iowa all had him hitting 64% or higher of his passes. The last three games have been 57.4% (ISUr), 27.6% (YSU), and 53.3% (NDSU)...so that dropped off some (especially against YSU). I think overall Norvell is a decent QB, although he's had problems with locking into one receiver and not going over his options. He's going to be near the top of many of our career records lists by the time he's done though, mostly because him, Lenoir, and Borsellino have all been starting together since they were freshmen. Norvell is already #2 for passing TDs, completions, attempts, and #3 for passing yards. Lenior is already #1 for receptions, #3 for receiving yards, #1 for 100+ yard receiving games, #3 for TDs (with Borsellino at #10 on that list)...so they're getting the stats, but again...when you've started together for 3 years with another one left to go, you're going to have some big career numbers.

In terms of building for next year...overall we are a fairly young team, although D-line could be an issue. We have 3 starting Seniors on offense, a RG, RB Watson, and TE Larry Harris (who we barely use, but probably should use more).
                              Our O-line overall consist of: Soph, Soph, Soph, Sr, and Junior.
                              QB Norvell, WRs Lance Lenoir, Joey Borsellino, and J'Vaughn Williams are all Juniors.
                              Secondary RBs (but who've actually been picking up more yards with Watson getting stopped more) are Steve McShane (Fr) and Devon Moore (Jr).
                              On defense, our line consist of: R-Fr, Sr, Sr, Sr....so that might be rough next year...loosing a lot of experience.
                              LBs are Sophomores Adam Brott and Brett Taylor and Sr Dallas Nichols.
                              DBs are 2 Sophomores and 2 R-Freshmen.
                              Kicker is a Jr, Punter (who also does kickoffs) is a Soph, Snapper is a Soph and Holder is a R-Fr.

My biggest worry about next year is going to be the D-line. We'll have to see how that plays out with our younger guys stepping up and likely a few junior college transfers filling in.
                              Scott
                              Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                              Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Working...
                              X