X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/10 Games, Predictions, Scores: MVFC Week Two

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    And . . . gone.
    Trans Am didn't really get banned for this did he? Seen a lot worse by rabbit fans go unpunished

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
      Trans Am didn't really get banned for this did he? Seen a lot worse by rabbit fans go unpunished
      Body of work?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Yes that would be nice, and no Bison fan misses the football game because its a 3 day weekend or pheasant season. As far as the Raffle, its very well organized and handled by electronic means. With the somewhat firewall between the Teammakers and the administration, they were able to do what they have done and done it well. I doubt SDSU will ever do something like a 50-50 raffle. They expect everyone to drop off a check for them to use as they see fit. SDSU can not find the ink to list endowments in their program anymore. I am venting so back to the topic.
        Student Attendance will be down this weekend at NDSU. The University will sell the tickets and the people who don't normally have tickets will get another chance at some. Happens every year. The Teammaker raffle is fun and they stop by every group in the West lot. Also you can buy more during the game if you "lose" your numbers tailgating.

Comment

Yes that would be nice, and no Bison fan misses the football game because its a 3 day weekend or pheasant season. As far as the Raffle, its very well organized and handled by electronic means. With the somewhat firewall between the Teammakers and the administration, they were able to do what they have done and done it well. I doubt SDSU will ever do something like a 50-50 raffle. They expect everyone to drop off a check for them to use as they see fit. SDSU can not find the ink to list endowments in their program anymore. I am venting so back to the topic.
          Since you keep bringing up a raffle why don't you take the initiative and start one? Obviously you can't do this alone, but with some help I don't see why it wouldn't be viable. Be a lot more productive than complaining on a message board about how much more NDSU makes because of their 50/50.

For the record I think it's a damn good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Since you keep bringing up a raffle why don't you take the initiative and start one? Obviously you can't do this alone, but with some help I don't see why it wouldn't be viable. Be a lot more productive than complaining on a message board about how much more NDSU makes because of their 50/50.

For the record I think it's a damn good idea.
            I do plan on bringing what I found on the internet to a SDSU staff person to discuss. I don't think I will get very far but I will give a try. So often I shoot my mouth off, so apologize for bringing it up. There is one fundamental difference to how the Jackrabbit Club and the Team-makers and that is how they operate. The Jackrabbit Club is really part of the foundation but has many SDSU staff people involved in day to day operations and maybe some volunteers who help with fund raising. The Teammakers is kind outside of the Administration and has their own 503 (c) 3 tax exemption and no doubt is organized as a not-for-profit corporation. So that's what I meant by a firewall, and these guys are like you and I, just fans who volunteer their time and efforts to raise money. With the larger business community, it a prestigious honor to actually do the volunteer work, and they got some professionals running the raffle This is what has put them ahead of us in just about everything money wise. I would venture this notion. Just about every losing coach at NDSU has felt the strength of influence on the administration by the Team-Makers. They have usually gotten their walking papers.

Comment

I do plan on bringing what I found on the internet to a SDSU staff person to discuss. I don't think I will get very far but I will give a try. So often I shoot my mouth off, so apologize for bringing it up. There is one fundamental difference to how the Jackrabbit Club and the Team-makers and that is how they operate. The Jackrabbit Club is really part of the foundation but has many SDSU staff people involved in day to day operations and maybe some volunteers who help with fund raising. The Teammakers is kind outside of the Administration and has their own 503 (c) 3 tax exemption and no doubt is organized as a not-for-profit corporation. So that's what I meant by a firewall, and these guys are like you and I, just fans who volunteer their time and efforts to raise money. With the larger business community, it a prestigious honor to actually do the volunteer work, and they got some professionals running the raffle This is what has put them ahead of us in just about everything money wise. I would venture this notion. Just about every losing coach at NDSU has felt the strength of influence on the administration by the Team-Makers. They have usually gotten their walking papers.
              NDSU has not fired a football or basketball for on-field reasons in a long time. Rocky was axed for other reasons and Babich got a NFL job.

Comment

How about women's BB? No influence from Team-makers? And Rocky no doubt had the Team makers on his side because of his winning record.

Comment

Working...
                X