• Show
Clear All

• 10/10 Games, Predictions, Scores: MVFC Week Two

Indiana State (3-1) @ SDSU (3-1)
    UNI (2-2) @ NDSU (3-1)
    USD (2-2) @ W. Illinois (2-2)
    Illinois St (3-1) @ YSU (3-1)
    Missouri St (1-3) @ S. Illinois (1-3)
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 10/10 Games, Predictions, Scores: MVFC Week Two

UNI (2-2) @ NDSU (3-1)

Every game last week went as predicted other than my homer pick of SDSU, which I was pretty skeptical about anyway. This week looks just as predictable to be honest. SDSU should bounce back, NDSU will take UNI at home, W. Illinois will have no problem with USD at home, S. Illinois will clobber Mo St... The only one I'm skeptical about is Illinois St.... I think they'll win, but YSU is a solid team, and the home field may give them the ability to pull off an upset.

Comment

Indiana State (3-1) @ SDSU (3-1) - We come out angry and go up 28 - 0 at half. SDSU 34 - ISUb 17
      UNI (2-2) @ NDSU (3-1) - This will get ugly and nasty. Revenge for NDSU, big time. NDSU 48 - UNI 7
      USD (2-2) @ W. Illinois (2-2) - WIU looks good, USD looks like USD. WIU 28 - USD 0
      Illinois St (3-1) @ YSU (3-1) - going with the home team. YSU 21 - ISUr 20
      Missouri St (1-3) @ S. Illinois (1-3) - SIU in a laugher: SIU 41 - MSU 3

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        UNI (2-2) @ NDSU (3-1)
        I think both ISUr and the Bison win easily.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I think both ISUr and the Bison win easily.
          Interestingly enough, ISUr is a 1 point underdog against YSU this weekend. On that topic, here are the spreads for the MVFC games as of today:

Indiana State @ SDSU -14 (I think this spread is about perfect, I see SDSU winning by 2 TDs)
          UNI @ NDSU -12.5 (Seems a bit high against a good UNI team, but with NDSU being at home, they'll probably roll to a big win)
          USD @ W. Illinois -9.5 (I'm surprised it's this high, but USD did get whooped last week at home)
          Illinois St @ YSU -1 (This is the most surprising one to me. I think they are looking at YSU's big win against USD, but I think they're wrong, I see ISUr winning this one)
          Missouri St @ S. Illinois -21.5 (MO St. is so bad... sooooo bad)

Interesting having all home teams favored.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Interestingly enough, ISUr is a 1 point underdog against YSU this weekend. On that topic, here are the spreads for the MVFC games as of today:

Indiana State @ SDSU -14 (I think this spread is about perfect, I see SDSU winning by 2 TDs)
            UNI @ NDSU -12.5 (Seems a bit high against a good UNI team, but with NDSU being at home, they'll probably roll to a big win)
            USD @ W. Illinois -9.5 (I'm surprised it's this high, but USD did get whooped last week at home)
            Illinois St @ YSU -1 (This is the most surprising one to me. I think they are looking at YSU's big win against USD, but I think they're wrong, I see ISUr winning this one)
            Missouri St @ S. Illinois -21.5 (MO St. is so bad... sooooo bad)

Interesting having all home teams favored.
            My money would be on western by a larger margin, and ISUr.

Comment

UNI leads NDSU 7-3 early in second quarter.

Comment

UNI now up 14-3. NDSU looks like they're still celebrating last week's win.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bison with a let down after their Super Bowl last week.

Comment

In the fourth quarter NDSU scores goes up 17 to 14, and Baily the running QB goes into a passing mode and UNI scores 21-17 UNI.

Comment

I don't know how you beat NDSU. UNI had them dead to rights (same situation we had last year) and Wentz marches them down the field, converts two 4th downs, and throws a TD pass. NDSU wins 31-28. Unbelievable.

While it would be nice if NDSU had a conference loss, I have to admit, I love it when Mark Farley loses. He's now only the second biggest jerk in the conference (Bo Pelini) but it's fun to see him get beat.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

After watching Quarterback Bailey from UNI run against the Bison would sure be nice to have a mobile Quarterback who can run! Was Andy Kardoes the last one for the Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          After watching Quarterback Bailey from UNI run against the Bison would sure be nice to have a mobile Quarterback who can run! Was Andy Kardoes the last one for the Jacks?
                          Yes but Ted Wahl ran a TD from mid field against USD in the Dome, but Bailey was no slouch on pass plays.

Comment

USD getting thumped by WIU. 33-14 with the 4th about to start. WIU will likely go into next week's game against UNI at 2-0 in MVFC play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              USD getting thumped by WIU. 33-14 with the 4th about to start. WIU will likely go into next week's game against UNI at 2-0 in MVFC play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              long td pass...40-14

Comment

Working...
                              X