Clear All

Re: 9/19 Games, Predictions, Results

Final USD 52 Drake 0

Comment

Final: NDSU 34 UND 9

Comment

CappinHard: I called the NDSU game 35-10. Would I have won any money?

Comment

WIU Twitter say CCA scores and wins 34-27.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            WIU Twitter say CCA scores and wins 34-27.
            That's a good showing by a preseason voted mediocre Valley team. Western has looked respectable this year. They can definitely make some noise in the conference season.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Missouri State lost to Arkansas State 70-7.......70-7! I know that Arkansas State is FBS, but they are in the Sunbelt. This is a terrible showing for the Valley. I can't imagine being on the end of that loss.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

In games related to SDSU/NDSU. Southern Utah is up 30-3 over N. Colorado in their Big Sky opener. Meanwhile, Montana is apparently headed for a 1-2 record, losing to Liberty (down by 12 With 1:00 to go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, I can't tell what happened, but UNI is up 6-0 only a minute and a half into the game...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Wow, I can't tell what happened, but UNI is up 6-0 only a minute and a half into the game...
                    Now 14-0 with 5 left in the 1st... I kind of thought UNI could pull it off, but didn't expect this.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Now 14-0 with 5 left in the 1st... I kind of thought UNI could pull it off, but didn't expect this.
                      conclusions so far:
                      UNI much better than expected, USD better than anticipated, and WIU close loss against so-called top-ranked Coastal Carolina in the heat today shows the absolute power of the MVFC.. WIU a middlin' MVFC team, no?

Comment

UNI up at halftime 28-7. They look to be in control. Good day for the Valley as long as this decision holds. Only losses are a 70-7 defeat of Missouri St. by FBS Arkansas State and Western Illinois losing to a top ranked Coastal Carolina 34-7. Surprising how close the Illinois State game was, especially after seeing Western Illinois take EIU 33-7, but the Redbirds got things done. Sounds like EIU had a FG try to win it at the end of regulation too.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          CappinHard: I called the NDSU game 35-10. Would I have won any money?
                          That is an interesting question, because the line moved significantly. As it got closer to kickoff, the line moved all the way from the starting point of -29.5 to -21. So, if you would have stuck with your predicted 25 point spread, you could have bet on UND +29.5, and won that bet. Then if you paid attention to the line move, you could have taken NDSU -21 and won that bet. This is called a middle and is a very savvy betting move. Basically if you're sitting with $100 on UND +29.5 and $100 on NDSU -21, you will either win your money back and break even, or win $200. Would have been a good spot to be in with an 8.5 point middle ground.

That was probably more explanation than anyone cares to hear, but it's a look into what can happen with big line moves.

Comment

Drake (1-2) vs USD (2-1): 0-52
                            SE Missouri St (1-2) vs Indiana St (2-1) 28-29
                            UND (2-1) vs. NDSU (2-1) 9-34
                            St. Francis (1-2) vs YSU (2-1) 3-48
                            W. Illinois (1-2) vs. Coastal Carolina (3-0) 27-34
                            Illinois St. (2-1) vs E. Illinois (0-3) 34-31 (OT)
                            Missouri St. (1-2) vs Arkansas St. (1-2) 7-70
                            UNI (2-1) vs. Cal Poly (1-2) 34-20
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                            X