Montana hosts NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montana hosts NDSU

Oh, for crying fricking out loud.. ... calling kids playing a game in the colors of your school a pile of ....?? And we're supposed to respect this rivalry? ..took a peak over on Bisonaville after all the comments here and someone over there just actually compared the upcoming game with UND to Ferguson. NDSU vs. the Whatevers is a simple football game., nothing more, nothing less. Ferguson is no game. That center-of-the-universe X-Peat Bison This Bison That Do They Like Us enough to stage Gameday crap up north has gotten way out of hand. Here's hoping the Jacks hand them their helmets and put the snuff to that kind of irrational fandom. It's a damned game. We can respect the accomplishments of the Bison team but good gravy, Ferguson?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Note to NDSU snarks: Montana fans didn't storm the field.
      It sounds like some did storm the field and the result of said storm of idiots was well not good from what I've heard.

As for the Bisonville thread, nothing surprises me in what is said there. I've seen posts calling for the benching of a QB in multiple national championship seasons. Some people don't know how to use a filter when posting online, it is embarrassing.

Comment

Just heard the Fox Sports Radio network guy call out the Montana-NDSU game as being a really entertaining game to watch. Good stuff. (I admit I wanted NDSU to win--MVFC over BSC, don'tcha know).

(edited final aside for clarity)
        Last edited by filbert; 08-29-2015, 09:13 PM.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Weber is not U of Mo. I would call that one for the Bison.
          Usage note: MO is Missouri.

MT is Montana.

Thanks.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            It sounds like some did storm the field and the result of said storm of idiots was well not good from what I've heard.

As for the Bisonville thread, nothing surprises me in what is said there. I've seen posts calling for the benching of a QB in multiple national championship seasons. Some people don't know how to use a filter when posting online, it is embarrassing.
            The success that the Bison have enjoyed is unparalleled and ought to be admired, but it can't possibly last, and everything that follows ought to be seen in that blessed context. Just hate to see kids playing their hearts out assailed like that...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Usage note: MO is Missouri.l

MT is Montana.

Thanks.
              Yah butt!! That's how they had it on Gobison stat site. And yes that does not make it correct. I concurr with MT usage. I think the NDSU SID might have used Mo so any casual fan would not think the Bison were not playing U of Minnesota. Just a guess or maybe the SID staff needs some schooling on state abbreviations.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 08-30-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                The success that the Bison hiave enjoyed is unparalleled and ought to be admired, but it can't possibly last, and everything that follows ought to be seen in that blessed context. Just hate to see kids playing their hearts out assailed like that...
                Agreed. There really is a God and I was beginning to think that Bison Football was an infallible God. You have to admit that despite the 4 peat stuff and high expectations of fans, those young Bison played their hearts out and earned play money of $3,400 today.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I saw the offense criticized, the defense criticized, the offensive coordinator criticized, the officials (although not too bad).

On a game they lost by one play.

Holy Unrealistic Expectations.

That is a fanbase sorely in need of some humbling. (and I say that with the upmost respect for their actual team, players, and coaches)
                  In all honesty, this board is pretty much the same way after a loss...and I'm as guilty as anyone.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    In all honesty, this board is pretty much the same way after a loss...and I'm as guilty as anyone.
                    First part of jacks1's post is accurate. Best to keep in mind when there's a meltdown on any board: (1) it's a small number who are doing most of the meltdown, teeth gnashing and handwringing; (2) the small group is almost always not representative of the fan base; and (3) like jacks1, I reserve the right to gnash teeth and wring hands.

Comment

• Re: Montana hosts NDSU

1. Great game! This is exactly what needed to happen to make an exciting game for non-FCS fans to watch and say "Holy cow that was good!"
                      2. Still needed NDSU to win that one. I want 5 MVFC teams in the playoffs, not 5 weak BSC teams.
                      3. I can't wait for the Bizzzzon to come to CAS, but also remembered I lost a bet that I have to wear NDSU colors to said game.
                      4. This NDSU team is ok now, but they will pick up steam. We can say well they lost Crockett, but we lost.........learning curve is in effect.
                      5. I think #5 for NDSU better up his game, every OC this whole year just put a target on his back.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        1. Great game! This is exactly what needed to happen to make an exciting game for non-FCS fans to watch and say "Holy cow that was good!"
                        2. Still needed NDSU to win that one. I want 5 MVFC teams in the playoffs, not 5 weak BSC teams.
                        3. I can't wait for the Bizzzzon to come to CAS, but also remembered I lost a bet that I have to wear NDSU colors to said game.
                        4. This NDSU team is ok now, but they will pick up steam. We can say well they lost Crockett, but we lost.........learning curve is in effect.
                        5. I think #5 for NDSU better up his game, every OC this whole year just put a target on his back.
                        I would consider coming down with an illness and not attending.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          I would consider coming down with an illness and not attending.
                          Or just wear a yellow Jacks hoodie and green socks.

Comment

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/co...1052b2c8f.html

This is exactly why storming the field (or court) should come with major consequences for the host university. Could have been really ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              http://billingsgazette.com/sports/co...1052b2c8f.html

This is exactly why storming the field (or court) should come with major consequences for the host university. Could have been really ugly.
                              I don't see the face mask being grabbed, but none-the-less fans have no business making contact with opposing players. Especially when they loose a close game. I think fans like my self forget or maybe we don't have a clue about how much emotion goes into preparing for a game. If this true this fan should be banned from home games for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I don't see the face mask being grabbed, but none-the-less fans have no business making contact with opposing players. Especially when they loose a close game. I think fans like my self forget or maybe we don't have a clue about how much emotion goes into preparing for a game. If this true this fan should be banned from home games for a long time.
                                I don't know if he grabbed the face mask, but he was definitely grabbing Morlock. The guy deserved to be punched. It looks like Morlock more tried to push him away than punch him, so that's good. If you check out the pictures I attach, you can see in the first one that the fan is clearly following Morlock. In the 2nd picture, the fan starts to grab at Morlock. In the 3rd picture, the fan gets right up in Morlock's face, this is where he may have grabbed the face mask, but it's hard to tell from this angle. In the 4th picture, Morlock turns to the guy and pushes him away. In the 5th picture, you can see the guy falling and grabbing onto Morlock. After that, Morlock clears the fan with one more shove. Honestly, I think Morlock handled it as well as he could have. The fan was trailing and grabbing him for a while and he didn't do anything until the fan got in his face. Even at that point, he could have reacted violently, but he just tried to get away from the fan. It sucks that fans like this ruin the moment and lead to the mass banning of fans storming the field. The whole altercation takes place starting at about 2:49 in this video, where you can see the fan pushing one of the referees, so I would venture to guess that this guy had consumed his fair share of alcoholic beverages. https://youtu.be/-bcHpziyzQY

NDSU1.jpg

NDSU2.jpg

NDSU3.jpg

NDSU4.jpg

NDSU5.jpg
                                Last edited by CappinHard; 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM. Reason: Added video link

Comment

Working...
                                X