Clear All

Re: News out of Illinois St.

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Pretty much.
    Oh well!! nap time.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I made absolutely no comparison between the two acts or individuals. You may want to read my post again.

I was pointing out how our soceity doesn't like to accept responsibility for their actions or hold some (famous, rich, talented) accountable.
      I get your point and though I don't agree with it. I think I would be remiss if I did not include comments about This Week ABC news which took me by total surprise. I lived in Nebraska 1985 through 2005 and in that time period, Senator Ernie Chambers introduced legislation to repeal the death penalty only to have it killed in committee or tabled. Nebraska is Big Red in football and politics. This past week, the Unicameral voted with Ernie and passed a bill to repeal the Death Penalty. The Governor is going to veto this legislation but those who voted for the bill feel they have enough votes to override the veto. So here these rough and tough guys from Nebraska have done a 180 on a very controversial issue. And parents and others are getting soft? My point is that we have a history of trying to legislate morals and have failed time and time again. Drugs are part of this mess we have to deal with. Stig I am sure would not be giving Coprich a second chance, not based on my personal conversation with him last week. Even being from Selby does not help.

I think Coach Spock and the administration at ISU Red have made their decision and will have to live with it. I would think with their finish in 2014, things are looking good out that way.

Do we get a break from playing ISU-Red this year? Seems like we do.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Do we get a break from playing ISU-Red this year? Seems like we do.
        Nope. Second year of NDSU/ISUr not playing. You guys don't play SIU again. Next year everyone switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Nope. Second year of NDSU/ISUr not playing. You guys don't play SIU again. Next year everyone switches.
          I did check GoJacks.com and noted that we play ISU-R on Nov 7. I should have checked my schedule first. Thanks for the correction though.

Comment

It's up to each coaching staff to deal with each situation like this on their own.

As far as Illinois State's coaching staff? I think they were in the Championship game last year, I don't think they will be on the hot seat for giving a star player a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              It's up to each coaching staff to deal with each situation like this on their own.

As far as Illinois State's coaching staff? I think they were in the Championship game last year, I don't think they will be on the hot seat for giving a star player a second chance.
              Decisions by Coaching staff can always be trumped by higher authority, depending on circumstances , like the need to protect the schools image to the public eye,for instance.The coaching staff isn't the final word,at least that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Decisions by Coaching staff can always be trumped by higher authority, depending on circumstances , like the need to protect the schools image to the public eye,for instance.The coaching staff isn't the final word,at least that's my opinion.
                True, but I think in this case a National Championship is riding on this one player. The desire to win often trumps image, and I guessing it has here.

Comment

Working...
                X