Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 MVFC coaching changes

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Pelini to YSU will happen according to media reports: he'll accept as soon as the formal offer is made.
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/bo-pelini-could-have-a-new-job-at-youngstown-state/

Read through the entire article and see the tweet at the end: Pelini tells the reporter "its all fabrication."
    I beginning to wonder if the truth is "its all fabrication". Tressell the president is out the door headed to Michigan and that means some lowly AD is in charge. Seems like Bo would want to cool his heels before jumping into something like the job at YSU.

Comment

An Ohio State guy headed to Michigan? Michigan would be pretty warm this winter with the boiling mad old alumni heads ready to explode.

Comment

Pelini to YSU will happen according to media reports: he'll accept as soon as the formal offer is made.
        http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/bo-pelini-could-have-a-new-job-at-youngstown-state/

Read through the entire article and see the tweet at the end: Pelini tells the reporter "its all fabrication."

Trying to find out actual facts this morning and I'd have to say that the "its all fabrication" statement may be correct. On the YSU fan board (going to bend the rule against dragging stuff from other fan boards to this board), it appears the posters are acknowledging this morning that the rumor mill was in high gear last evening but it was just that: rumor. And, the rumors are being discredited by people professing to know the facts.

Isn't the internet wonderful?

Comment

If the Pelini story is false, and Youngstown has focused on a guy or two, neither of whom are named Pelini, I wonder how the finalists for the job feel about the furor over a Pelini hire? When the new YSU head coach is introduced at the press conference sure to be held in the near future, and his initials are not BP, he could have some fun at that press conference. Bo, on the other hand, would just look ticked off.

Comment

If the Pelini story is false, and Youngstown has focused on a guy or two, neither of whom are named Pelini, I wonder how the finalists for the job feel about the furor over a Pelini hire? When the new YSU head coach is introduced at the press conference sure to be held in the near future, and his initials are not BP, he could have some fun at that press conference. Bo, on the other hand, would just look ticked off.
            I don't have a clue on how state assisted institutions are run in Ohio, but seems like things are chaotic right now with the President firing the current coach and leaving for another coaching position. My thinking is that it may be awhile before some one is announced. They have to hire a president first, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I don't have a clue on how state assisted institutions are run in Ohio, but seems like things are chaotic right now with the President firing the current coach and leaving for another coaching position. My thinking is that it may be awhile before some one is announced. They have to hire a president first, I would think.
              I'm not following the reference to a President firing the current coach and leaving for another coaching position. Are you referring to Tressel leaving YSU? That's just a nutty rumor (going to coach Michigan) isn't it?

Comment

I'm not following the reference to a President firing the current coach and leaving for another coaching position. Are you referring to Tressel leaving YSU? That's just a nutty rumor (going to coach Michigan) isn't it?
                I guess I was pranked:

THIS:http://www.shareonfb.com/jysi6e/jim-...ching-position

I thought for sure this was my proof. April Fools day just before Christmas? Don't tell me there is no Santa Claus.

Comment

New coach at Missouri State, not smack to say he sounds very much like a failed Vikings coach of the same name.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...ec39f8001.html

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    New coach at Missouri State, not smack to say he sounds very much like a failed Vikings coach of the same name.

He is taking a big cut in pay, from 600k down to 270k. I guess its about running the show.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Les's younger brother.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Ohio news stations are reporting that Bo Pelini will be the next Youngstown State coach.

Comment

Will we see future tunnel walks like this? Or maybe with him carrying a penguin?

I honestly like Bo and think he will do well at YSU.

Comment

Do you think maybe YSU might be moving up to FBS?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              Ohio news stations are reporting that Bo Pelini will be the next Youngstown State coach.
                              Wow. It made sense in a way but Bo was adamant in denying the rumors.

Comment

Wow. It made sense in a way but Bo was adamant in denying the rumors.
                                Bo was also adamant that Zach Zenner wasn't anything special after putting up 200 yds against the Cornhuskers last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X