• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: 2014 MVFC Scoreboard

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Hey, check out post #9. I had guessed Montana by no more than a touchdown.

I've tried to pay attention to Montana...they are not going to have a great season. However, since the Big Sky is turning out to be weaker than I had first guessed, perhaps Montana will end up with a decent record. But the MVFC is showing it is wayyy above the Big Sky this season. Now, that having been said, I also think that the Bison are deserving of the #1 ranking until someone proves otherwise. BUT Montana will expose some weaknesses. Or perhaps the Bison on their own will show they do not play flawlessly all the time (see the Weber State game). Since the game is in the brick box, I say there's no way NDSU loses to Montana but the margin will be no more than 12: NDSU 24, UM 12.
    Hando: I'll stick with the above (post 20 in this thread). Yesterday's final score was NDSU 22, UM 10 -- missed them each by 2. Someone is going to have to prove they're better than the Bison but I'm willing to bet that can be done this year much easier than in the recent past. Montana is not a great team (and being a great team in the Big Sky doesn't mean much this season).
    Last edited by JackJD; 09-21-2014, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Never get in a pissing match with a skunk.

Leave a comment:

• HandoEX
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    22-10 Bison win. Once again they looked beatable unlike NDSU teams from the past couple of seasons.
    Four games into the 2013 season, NDSU had two close wins by 3 points and 1 point and both were games in which the Bison had to overcome two score deficits in the second half (KState & UNI). We just beat the 3rd/4th ranked team in the country by two scores and never trailed. I'd like to hear your explanation of how NDSU looks more beatable this year.

Ps-NDSU has not given a 2nd half point through four games. Not one.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

NDSU best corner might have just been thrown out of the game for targeting. Would be a huge loss if Montana had a passing game.

EDIT: reversed the call. LittleJohn is still in the game
    Fixed it for you......

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

MVFC goes 6-2 with two losses to Big Ten.

UW-Oshkosh 3 - SDSU 41
    W Illinois 7 - Northwestern 24
    S Illinois 13 - Purdue 35
    N Arizona 21 - USD 28
    Montana 10 - NDSU 22
    N Colorado 7 - UNI 46
    Missouri State 33
    - Central Arkansas 31
    Saint Francis 23 - Youngstown State 52

​This is shaping up to be a brutal conference schedule!

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Mo State edges Central Ark 33-31. Looking at the stats, Mo State dominated the stats, but had 9 penalties for 135 yards. Still a quality win for MVFC.
    ...by a 53-yd field goal at the end of the game!

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Mo State edges Central Ark 33-31. Looking at the stats, Mo State dominated the stats, but had 9 penalties for 135 yards. Still a quality win for MVFC.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

22-10 Bison win. Once again they looked beatable unlike NDSU teams from the past couple of seasons.

Also the Yotes hang on and beat #22 NAU 28-21. Really good wins for the MVFC, especially USD's win because they are supposed to be one the bottom teams this year.

UNI up 36-0 against UNC at halftime.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Bison lead in time of possession 20:01-9:59 but only lead by 2...hmm
    Only up by two at the half to a team that barely beat USD (at home) last week. Apparently the Bison players need to spend more time on Bisonville reading about how they are good enough to be playing with Auburn.

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    It's a win-win for me today with both USD and NDSU. If they hold onto these leads, it's great for the MVFC and our chances of getting four teams in the playoffs. If they lose, both face an entertaining fan meltdown.

I'm surprised how well MT is hanging in there at Fargo. Four FG so far for the Bison in the first half. USD has a big lead at half and have been dominant thus far. They've had some epic second half collapses the last couple of years. Will they hang on today?
    Good call maybe 20-14

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Bison lead in time of possession 20:01-9:59 but only lead by 2...hmm

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Speaking of USD second half collapses... They better be careful. They came out of the gate in the second half and muffed a punt. That led to a quick NAU touchdown, which was followed by another. Suddenly it is 20-14 and a potential blowout has become interesting. Maybe it is because the students left at half...

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    That would have been a horrible horrible call. Glad they got it right. (Though I still didn't agree with the personal foul either.)
    Agreed, I saw nothing wrong with that play.

Montana sticking around. They added a field goal. 10-12 Bison lead at halftime.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

NDSU best corner might have just been thrown out of the game for targeting. Would be a huge loss with Montana's passing game.

That would have been a horrible horrible call. Glad they got it right. (Though I still didn't agree with the personal foul either.)

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

NDSU best corner might have just been thrown out of the game for targeting. Would be a huge loss with Montana's passing game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X