Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Craig Bohl To Wyoming

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    NDSU's AD Gene Taylor says Craig Bohl will coach team rest of season. I don't know how that works. Most of the time when coach takes another coaching position somewhere else he is out right away. It going to be interesting how Bison fans react to Bohl on Saturday.
    I would expect most of his staff will go with him to Wyoming, so that might figure into the end of the season. Picking a staff that works together is very important part of a successful football program. He has that in Fargo, why not take it with you? The new NDSU guy would then be free to bring in his own guys.

Comment

O.K. I root for WYOMING and saw this thread. LOL

First off, we are not going to the Big XII which makes me happy since I hate OU with a passion. But rumors are that the wrestling program at Wyoming will apply to the Big XII for that sport only.

Secondly, from what I've heard Bohl will stay at NDSU until their season is done so he'll be there until the end of their championship run.

Comment

I just looked at bison roster.... Wow lots of SF kids. Too bad they can't transfer back in state without sitting out. Upcoming recruits will certainly re-think their options also

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Stunning move? I don't think so. Bohl will move up to a higher level of college football, make more money and arguably live in a much nicer area. In addition, after a highly successful and impressive three-year run at NSDU, the Bison are about to enter a rebuilding phase. It's a good time for a coach with options to bail out.
          Arguably a nicer area?

Comment

I thought he was going to end up at Nebraska with his pedigree. Crazy stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
              I thought he was going to end up at Nebraska with his pedigree. Crazy stuff...
              From talking to Nebraska fans when we were down there, he had a lot of skeletons in his closet ala Petrino-esque. I think this hurt his stock a lot, and why he ended up at Wyoming. This is indeed reminiscent of Joe Glenn. Good luck to Craig Bohl! **** finally someone got him the **** out of our conference.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                NDSU's AD Gene Taylor says Craig Bohl will coach team rest of season. I don't know how that works. Most of the time when coach takes another coaching position somewhere else he is out right away. It going to be interesting how Bison fans react to Bohl on Saturday.
                I would hope they cheer him. Brought them 2 maybe 3 FCS championships. Can't fault a guy for taking a step up
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  I would hope they cheer him. Brought them 2 maybe 3 FCS championships. Can't fault a guy for taking a step up
                  This. The butthurt will be deep as it would be anywhere though. It will be interesting. I hope for their players sakes they cheer. Still stunned its Wyo when i had heard Boise St rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Wyoming isn't a great job but reports are he will get paid between 1.5 and 2 million and get use of a twin prop airplane for recruiting. NDSU can't even come close to that. Also I've heard rumblings out of Wyoming of stadium renovations and other facilities updates to get them on par with the rest of the MWC.
                    I think that pretty much sums it up. More money. He has accomplished about all he can at the FCS level. If he gets WYO consistently near the top of the MWC, it'll be a miracle and he'll cement his legend. At some point, you have to think about your future. If somebody dangled three times as much money in front of me, even if it wasn't my dream job, I would almost certainly take it and so would most people. Good for him. He has earned it.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

How old is bohl? I figure he would go like bcs cordinator if anything. Just thinking if he is older maybe has other hobbies. Make over a million bucks the next couple years and take an early retirement.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        How old is bohl? I figure he would go like bcs cordinator if anything. Just thinking if he is older maybe has other hobbies. Make over a million bucks the next couple years and take an early retirement.
                        Bohl is 53. He's supposed offered virtually his whole NDSU coaching staff positions at Wyoming.

I'm a bit surprised. MWC is a step above the MAC, and definitely the Sunbelt. Did MWC remain one of the BCS conferences? I thought that Bohl may end up at a lower success BCS conference school (Utah, Oregon St, Kansas, Illinois) than Wyoming.

Comment

Craig Bohl new Wyomng Coach

I checked the forum this morning and was surprised to see no mention of this.

How do you think this will affect the conference and rivalry with Craig Bohl gone next year?

Is Transam Bison crying today? Lakes must be on suicide watch.

I am surprised he announced this while his current team is still playing. I would think protocol would dictate that he wait until the Bison finish the year.

Does he try to convince committed Bison recruits to change their mind and go to Wyoming? What do the current Bison recruits think when there coach leaves?

Can the Jacks swoop in and grab up some extra recruits from this?

Comment

Re: Craig Bohl new Wyomng Coach

You're late to the party, shot5533. I merged your thread into this one (couple of reasons: 1) didn't belong under SDSU football; and 2) this thread had been started Saturday).

Comment

Re: Craig Bohl new Wyomng Coach

I can't say that I blame him.

I KNEW the salary would be a jump up, and it is.

I do think Wyoming will possibly end up in the Big 12...they want to get back to 12 schools, and Wyoming is about the Closest Geographic-wise, school size, and Most importantly $$-wise.

It may not be in the works for this next year or two...but I could see it happen.

Congrats to Coach Bohl. Always liked him, even when he's kicked our tales. His teams play hard, solid, fundamental football... I think he was a wise choice for Wyoming, and I do think he will end up with a 3rd National Title, as this year's Bison team is just loaded.

Comment

Wyoming is not going to receive an invite from the B12, this is simply a rumor started by someone in the North Dakota media trying to find another way of justifying why Bohl would go to a MWC program. The Laramie-Cheyenne market is even smaller than the Brookings-Sioux Falls market by 90,000 people, their is no media market to be had, no recruiting grounds to gain, and quite simply Wyo's stadium is too small and they currently have a budget that is $20 million short of the smallest B12 budget. Denver is the closest metro and has shown that it doesn't care about the B12 or else Colorado would still be there. Bohl going to Wyoming serves a as a reality check for the FCS, we are the third tier of CF (1. BCS, 2. Rest of FBS, 3. FCS).

Back to the B12 now, if/or when they expand they would mostly likely try to desperately court Florida State, Clemson, or even Notre Dame (if/when the times comes they have to join a conference for all sports) first. The second tier of teams they would go after would most likely be Cincinnati, BYU, Central Florida, or South Florida. Then they would have to probably suck up their pride and go for a SMU or Houston. UConn would also have an small, outside chance. Boise State would probably have a decent chance if they just had more academic prestige (can't escape the Juco stigma even though they haven't been one in 60 years). The B12 showed they don't care about geography the moment they invited WV.

Comment

Working...
                                X