Craig Bohl To Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Craig Bohl To Wyoming

I reported this on Terry's live chat this afternoon, I had heard it was Craig Bohl, but when my friend who had a source inside Wyoming's Athletic Department wouldn't deny it I knew it was him. I'm surprised/ shocked. But I think its a great get. Still thought they could have gotten a better name. Not sure how NDSU will react to this

Wyoming tried this with Joe Glenn, and even though he did beat UCLA in a bowl game, he didn't do much. Reports are salary btween 1.5 and 2 million a year with use of a twin prop airplane for recruiting.
    Last edited by joeboo22; 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Here is the Fargo Forum's take:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/420539/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Wonder if that was part of it that its not annoucned yet but then he can be coaching in the big 12. Like he would only take the job if going to the big 12 was garunteed.
        I would like to hear why the Big 12 would want Wyoming. I mean, they have a 30,000 seat stadium and 14 tv sets in the whole state. What's the allure?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          I was totally on board with your post (Bison poster angry and out of line) and then you take a shot (smack) at a person (lakesbison) who is banned from here (correct me if I'm wrong*), which just seems out of line for a "super moderator". C'mon...if you are going to be a (super) moderator, don't smack in your posts...it demeans the title. Granted, both of our fan bases are hurting a li'l right now...so maybe I should cut you some slack...I was really cheering for you guys today...
          *According to teh wife, it's all the time.
          Yeah, you're probably right (my attempt at humor missed...). I saw a new member of the forum who happened to be sporting the yellow and green come out slugging and sometimes early intervention is appropriate. Like other Jackrabbit fans yesterday, I wasn't a happy camper. Somehow it seems a little different (probably isn't) than regular smack to knock about an individual who thrives on and welcomes being a punching bag.

The news about Coach Bohl was shocking too - I find no pleasure in knowing NDSU (and the conference) suffered a real loss with yesterday's announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            To be dumped for lowly Wyoming is going to really sting up north. Wyoming! That tells you something about all of our (FCS) place in the college football pecking order. No surprise here, but in Fago..... Meltdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Wyoming isn't a great job but reports are he will get paid between 1.5 and 2 million and get use of a twin prop airplane for recruiting. NDSU can't even come close to that. Also I've heard rumblings out of Wyoming of stadium renovations and other facilities updates to get them on par with the rest of the MWC.

Comment

Stunning move? I don't think so. Bohl will move up to a higher level of college football, make more money and arguably live in a much nicer area. In addition, after a highly successful and impressive three-year run at NSDU, the Bison are about to enter a rebuilding phase. It's a good time for a coach with options to bail out.
              This space for lease.

Comment

It seems Bohl will continue to coach the Bison until their playoff run is over. I'm surprised that NDSU wants a lame duck coach to stick around -seems it would be better turning it over to one of the coordinators both for game prep and recruiting. And , more importantly , I'm surprised Wyoming is willing to allow their new coach a month-long sabbatical during prime recruiting time. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Bohl to do a half-a**ed job in both locations.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  It seems Bohl will continue to coach the Bison until their playoff run is over. I'm surprised that NDSU wants a lame duck coach to stick around -seems it would be better turning it over to one of the coordinators both for game prep and recruiting. And , more importantly , I'm surprised Wyoming is willing to allow their new coach a month-long sabbatical during prime recruiting time. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Bohl to do a half-a**ed job in both locations.
                  I don't know, it will be difficult but Bohl as the head coach at a place like NDSU, with the senior dominated leaders he has is already in a position where he simply provides direction to his assistants; later putting his stamp of final approval on the game plan. I would also be the school (NDSU) already has plans in place for his replacement, from Bohl's current staff. I'm also pretty sure that Bohl has never done a half-a**ed job in his life.

As for Wyoming, recruiting is going to be the big issue right now. What better way to get a foot in the door of a skeptical recruit then winning your 3rd FCS championship in a row? He is going to be making calls and likely logging some miles on the Wyoming plane, but I think his staying may benefit both schools in the long run.

Comment

How many NDSU assistants are packing their cowboy boots for trip west? Nearly all of them.

Comment

It's embarrassing the hypocrisy that goes on when a football coach leaves a program for another school.

Bohl is probably going to end up with a contract that will pay 5 times what he is making now. That's right, 5 times as much, and bisonville is up in arms calling out his integrity and resorting to childish name calling. My advice to anyone who has never turned down a job that pays 5 TIMES as much: Shut up. And don't tell me what you "would" do in that situation either. Hypothetical money is really easy to turn down, the real thing, not so much. Not to mention all the other incentives such as a higher level of competition, the private jets he'll have at his disposal, etc...

This isn't just about Bison fans, as I have feeling we'd be hearing the same crap over here if the situation was reversed. It's double standard garbage and fans need to be called out on it. I pray the Jacks can have a coach leave for another school after already delivering us 2 National Championships!
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        It's embarrassing the hypocrisy that goes on when a football coach leaves a program for another school.

Bohl is probably going to end up with a contract that will pay 5 times what he is making now. That's right, 5 times as much, and bisonville is up in arms calling out his integrity and resorting to childish name calling. My advice to anyone who has never turned down a job that pays 5 TIMES as much: Shut up. And don't tell me what you "would" do in that situation either. Hypothetical money is really easy to turn down, the real thing, not so much. Not to mention all the other incentives such as a higher level of competition, the private jets he'll have at his disposal, etc...

This isn't just about Bison fans, as I have feeling we'd be hearing the same crap over here if the situation was reversed. It's double standard garbage and fans need to be called out on it. I pray the Jacks can have a coach leave for another school after already delivering us 2 National Championships!
                        Well said. Very sad what has gone on over at bv.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          I pray the Jacks can have a coach leave for another school after already delivering us 2 National Championships!
                          I would be satisfied with one NC. Being an old guy, I reflect on the past. Like the post Ralph Ginn era, Dave Kragthorpe stayed with us one year and left for Weber State and ended up at Oregon State, who was followed by Dean Pryor two years, who ended at Arkansas State and a new Stadium. Both winners at somewhere else, but we did not have resources to keep them around long enough to have a winning season. So I would settle for one NC, two is a bunch. I don't see a big turnaround at Wyoming. They seem to have the resources, but have went through a bunch of coaches in the past twenty years. Win or lose, Bohl should be fixed for life financially after his career at Wyoming is ended.

Comment

My favorite part of the whole thing is that he left for Wyoming. Not Nebraska. Not a big time school. Wyoming. Trololololololol.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              Well said. Very sad what has gone on over at bv.
                              I'm not defending Bisonville,but when a few hours after your game rumors start flying that your HC is taking a job at a crappy FBS school,it's inevitable there's going to be a flurry of knee-jerk reactions. Like Kemo said,it would happen with our fan base too.

Comment

NDSU's AD Gene Taylor says Craig Bohl will coach team rest of season. I don't know how that works. Most of the time when coach takes another coaching position somewhere else he is out right away. It going to be interesting how Bison fans react to Bohl on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X