Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD VS YSU.

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    In the playoff game? Cause that was the playoffs, right? The playoff attendance is a problem SDSU will need to address in the future. Fortunately for USD, it seems like it's a problem that they won't have to worry about for awhile. Hopefully you guys will win some basketball games this year, though! That would be fun! Maybe lock down a 6 seed in the Summit League tournament? Can you imagine the excitement?! 50 or 60 USD fans politely clapping their asses off as their team gets throttled by anyone they face? Should be another exciting year for USD athletics!
    The answer was 4367 in attendance for the EIU v SDSU game since you made me go look it up. See you in two weeks Jacks.
    It will be a very tough game for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OBC View Post
      The answer was 4367 in attendance for the EIU v SDSU game since you made me go look it up. See you in two weeks Jacks.
      It will be a very tough game for sure.

I think we all know that our attendance sucks when the weather gets cold. Wish people would realize you can wear a lot of extra clothing and stay nice and warm. I dont see it changing, even with a new stadium. Or im not sure how it can change. You didnt draw 7000 yesterday for an indoor game. So i wouldnt make fun of our attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        I think we all know that our attendance sucks when the weather gets cold. Wish people would realize you can wear a lot of extra clothing and stay nice and warm. I dont see it changing, even with a new stadium. Or im not sure how it can change. You didnt draw 7000 yesterday for an indoor game. So i wouldnt make fun of our attendance.
        You can also remember that it was Thanksgiving and I was in Houston since I had purchased my tickets in the summer. That may have taken the students out of the stands as well. Apples and oranges about the playoff game. The holiday was a big obstacle for the Jackrabbits last year. If you say it was not a big obstacle, your analytical skills need some sharpening.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          You can also remember that it was Thanksgiving and I was in Houston since I had purchased my tickets in the summer. That may have taken the students out of the stands as well. Apples and oranges about the playoff game. The holiday was a big obstacle for the Jackrabbits last year. If you say it was not a big obstacle, your analytical skills need some sharpening.
          Forgot that it was Thanksgiving weekend. That certainly didnt help attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Forgot that it was Thanksgiving weekend. That certainly didnt help attendance.
            Even though it was small it was argueably the best crowd we have had in some time.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Even though it was small it was argueably the best crowd we have had in some time.
              I agree with you - (went to the game and no I wasn't rooting for EIU)
              that crowd represented your core base of fans and cheered there butts off.

I would rather have the 6600 in the stands yesterday that were loud and cheering than a full house of people sitting on their hands as if they were watching on television.

With all the SDSU fans that will be at the usd/sdsu game in two weeks (my guess would be 2000-2500 sdsu fans will find a way to get in the dome) combined with 7500 Usd fans inside the dome will make for a loud game from start to finish. Your 2500 will most likely be your die-hard vocal fans and I bet you will be able to make some noise that our offense better be ready for.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Usd had done their part and still been in the mix for the playoffs.

Comment

USD is quite obviously getting better. Glenn is getting it done so far, it appears.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  USD is quite obviously getting better. Glenn is getting it done so far, it appears.
                  Meh, I guess. I would probably say there are about the same, luck is just averaging out in their favor this year. Lots of close losses last year, LOTS of close wins this year.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Meh, I guess. I would probably say there are about the same, luck is just averaging out in their favor this year. Lots of close losses last year, LOTS of close wins this year.
                    If you were watching KDLT Saturday, you have to admit that Starr on defense for USD is a STAR. He knocked down a sure two point conversion a couple of times. He is a very good player in my opinion. Or stated another way, Starr is a beast. Sumner is going to have to watch his passes on Nov 16th.

Comment

+1 I think Zennner is going to have a huge day against them.

Comment

*ding ding ding*

Overall, USD has a minus 41 points differential for the year this year. In other words, in all of their games they have given up 41 more points than they have scored. Usually point differential is one of the biggest indicators of record. If a team has a decent record with a negative point differential, that team is getting lucky.

For comparison, they were minus 159 on the year last year. So there is some improvement. But last year included a 54-0 loss to the Bison and a 38-7 loss to Northwestern.

Another good way to look at luck is a team's record in one touchdown games (in other words, games where the final margin of victory is 7 points or less). Over time, teams tend to have about a 50-50 record in those games.

Last year, USD was 0-5 in games decided by 7 points or less, with 4 of those being 3 point losses. Pretty unlucky. This year, USD 4-1 in games decided by 7 points or less, with 3 of those wins by only 3 points. Pretty lucky.

Football is a fun sport.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

USD may indeed be "lucky", but if you can say that about them you must say the same about us. Look at our wins over SLU and UNI. Whatever the case with USD , we'll need a little luck to get a win in their building. They are tough there and we are, well.......

One thing working in our favor is the schedule difference leading up to the game. We come in off of a bye and home game with ISU-b. They have to battle with YSU and Montana. Those will leave a mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I also watched part of the game Saturday and looked at some of their team stats on their website. The strength of their team this year is their defense and particularly the pass defense. The entire secondary is comprised of seniors and their sack leader (Starr) and 3rd in sacks DL Davis are both seniors. Hess was able to torch the secondary but the pass rush and D forced three fumbles

However, they will also graduate all of their secondary and pass rushing which will leave 6 big holes for them to fill next year

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                              I also watched part of the game Saturday and looked at some of their team stats on their website. The strength of their team this year is their defense and particularly the pass defense. The entire secondary is comprised of seniors and their sack leader (Starr) and 3rd in sacks DL Davis are both seniors. Hess was able to torch the secondary but the pass rush and D forced three fumbles

However, they will also graduate all of their secondary and pass rushing which will leave 6 big holes for them to fill next year
                              Starr is irreplaceable - never seen a guy like him playing at USD before.

The secondary is replaceable IMO. Our SS - Swift is a 4 year starter and very good. One corner - Knox has played great this year in his senior year. Freshman Tevin Foster has been playing more and more at corner taking at least half the snaps. Taverna - SS is a JC guy in his senior year. Good player. The freshman we have behind them are very good besides Foster. Zeke Lewis out of OK hurt his shoulder during fall camp and has been slow to heal. He was pushing Swift in camp for the starting job. Zeke is out of Oklahoma and was a huge recruit for USD.

Recruiting speed and good DBs has not been USDs issue in the past - getting good interior DL and DE has been harder. Right now we are looking much better there than we have been in past years with DE Iddings 6'6" 265 (soph), Jacobs DT 6'4" 285 (soph), Praska DT 6'4" 315 (jr), Greer DT 6'3" 320 (jr), Bredl DE 6'4" 270 (FR)

Next year as well we will hopefully get Chris Wiseman DE 6'4" 250 back (freshman - blew his knee out last spring) and would have been our second best pass rusher on the LOS according to Glenn.

Still a long ways for USD to go to be more competitive, but they are getting better and I think the game in two weeks will be a 4 quarter battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X