Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Game Day Coming to Fargo

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
    You are not heeding Filberts request very well. You can take away from this story what you want. I think it's good for not only NDSU but the FCS. Is it NDSU's fault that we are getting the coverage? Fans have shown the desire and ability to travel well for away games including championship games. Everyone can come up with examples of fans from any school that they had issues with real or perceived. Bottom line is NDSU and it's fans in my opinion are deserving of this for several reasons. If it gives us an edge in any other way for anything that is just a by product of having a good football team with great fan support. Hate if you want but it is what it is. No need to be jealous or go sour grapes on it. Just keep supporting SDSU and hope the team does well and you can build on that. No need to tear down another to try to prop yourself up. Carry on. Oh and while I know it won't matter to you I still pull for SDSU except when they are playing NDSU.
    Did you read post #28? I'm not hating on the fact the Gameday is going to Fargo. I just don't think this helps out the other fcs schools. You can maybe give me some reasons how this helps other fcs teams out? Obviously I can't think of any.

Comment

My thoughts, this is really good for NDSU, their fans, and their recruiting. I'm not sure if it helps SDSU/FCS or not. Maybe a little. However, I am a big believer in the idea of a rising tide lifting all boats. Congrats NDSU, no sour grapes here. I hope we can send you home with your tail between your legs in a couple weeks.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Not gonna lie, if this helped you (or anybody in FCS) as much as us, I would be disappointed. I'm hoping this makes a big splash for us...but with that said, I do hope after us it helps first our conference members, and secondly FCS in general. Of course I want it to help us the most!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          Not gonna lie, if this helped you (or anybody in FCS) as much as us, I would be disappointed. I'm hoping this makes a big splash for us...but with that said, I do hope after us it helps first our conference members, and secondly FCS in general. Of course I want it to help us the most!
          That makes sense......i think

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            That makes sense......i think
            Think of it this way...I want this to generate exposure for our conference, and for that to help you guys to recruit better so you beat the FBS teams on your schedule. I want it to help us recruit better so we still beat the enhanced SDSU team and win more championships. I want you guys to get better, but not better than us!

Comment

TAB - Need to start them off with some homebrew, and be upfront with your yellow coats.

Congrats on the plum publicity, just sorry that it's at a waste of game for you rather than SDSU or UNI or Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                TAB - Need to start them off with some homebrew, and be upfront with your yellow coats.

Congrats on the plum publicity, just sorry that it's at a waste of game for you rather than SDSU or UNI or Montana.
                Agreed on the game. As for being upfront...I don't give tailgating for anything. They can come to me.

Comment

UCLA pounding the Huskers didn't do SDSU any favors.

I was thinking that if Big Red won and then SDSU rolls into town that we might get a little love as a fellow MVFC team. A lot of love if we beat Big Red. Hopefully they can stink it up for us this week!

In either case, Big Red is off the radar for now with the UCLA loss. When we beat them though, we will get some love from ESPN.

Again, good for the Bison. They've earned it.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Apparently, College Gameday is setting up shop two miles from the Fargodome, in downtown Fargo. I don't get it, you'd think they'd want to be right in the middle of the action. The Bisonville meltdown is fun to read.*

*To be fair, I'd be melting down as well, if they came here and set up shop at the Swiftel or someplace nowhere near CAS or tailgating.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Apparently, College Gameday is setting up shop two miles from the Fargodome, in downtown Fargo. I don't get it, you'd think they'd want to be right in the middle of the action. The Bisonville meltdown is fun to read.*

*To be fair, I'd be melting down as well, if they came here and set up shop at the Swiftel or someplace nowhere near CAS or tailgating.
                      Wow. I thought one of the attractions of doing Gameday there was the way those loons tailgated (for a FCS school). That's too bad. LOL. No,really ,i feel bad for them.LOL

Comment

I agree terrible location for Gameday. I wonder if ESPN will have second thoughts after they get bombarded by NDSU superfans?

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          im really hoping they showcase the MVFC, a segment on each team etc....show th world a little background into FCS

People recognize the MVC and naturally will know the MVFC. but I'm sure 90% of the time will focus on Johnny football and the SEC
                          That's very nice of you, but they won't. And I'm pretty sure you know it.

Enjoy it Bison fans...you have earned it.

Comment

I'd like to know if, when a BCS school hosts, if Gameday sets up shop way away from the stadium. Was this even a Gameday decision? Was it a Fargo decision? I just don't understand why they'd WANT to be away from the crowd.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              I'd like to know if, when a BCS school hosts, if Gameday sets up shop way away from the stadium. Was this even a Gameday decision? Was it a Fargo decision? I just don't understand why they'd WANT to be away from the crowd.
                              According to a Gene Taylor quote ,it was ESPN. They liked the location.

Comment

Everyone talks about FCS/MVFC exposure next week on Gameday. I'm not buying it.

Here's how it will go down:

1. Recap NDSU history vs FBS. - 10 min.
                                2. Ya sure you betcha jokes. - 1 min.
                                3. Recap App St. / Michigan - 4 min.
                                4. Johnny football. - rest of show.

Comment

Working...
                                X