College Game Day Coming to Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Game Day Coming to Fargo

Saw this announcement this morning. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I agree. Any complaining by SDSU fans is strictly sour grapes, IMO. Want to host Gameday? Lets go out and win back to back nattys. Until then, we have no room to complain.
      Yeah, that's about where I am with this, too. On the one hand, NDSU's fans' heads don't really need to get any bigger; on the other hand, they're big for pretty darned good reasons.

I don't envy NDSU's football success; I'm merely jealous.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Yeah, that's about where I am with this, too. On the one hand, NDSU's fans' heads don't really need to get any bigger; on the other hand, they're big for pretty darned good reasons.

I don't envy NDSU's football success; I'm merely jealous.
        Would you believe since 1964 jealousy running out of my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I think it's very cool. good for NDSU. Good for MVFC. Good for FCS.
          im really hoping they showcase the MVFC, a segment on each team etc....show th world a little background into FCS

People recognize the MVC and naturally will know the MVFC. but I'm sure 90% of the time will focus on Johnny football and the SEC
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

If we could pull the upset at nebraska next week and ndsu coming in in brookings would be the perfect game to host it. Not taking away from their gane they have in fargo but the best team in fcs coming to its rivals home undefeated the storylines would be legit and with both fans turning out for it could easliy set a new attendance record.
            That was just my pipe dream though.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Jacks own, unbiased beat writer stated in his game chat yesterday this is good for no one but the Bison. I have the same feeling. Any Bison fan who says otherwise is saying so with a smirk on their face because they know it is not true. Kind of like the Bison fans that showed up at the Jacks/Butler game and tried to tell everyone how good their win against K-State was for the Valley and then would turn toward the field and cheer for Butler. They don't care about the Valley, they only care about themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                I'm sure 90% of the time will focus on Johnny football and the SEC
                You can probably change that to 95%.

The NDSU team obviously is worthy of this special event, but the ardent fan base also has something to do with it. You have to give them credit, in spite of the select group of Bison fans that are incredibly annoying.

Comment

Congrats to NDSU on getting College Game Day at their house. The publicity will help attendance, recruiting, fund raising, etc.

As an aside, IMHO, ESPN was one of the worst things to happen to college sports, especially football.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    The Jacks own, unbiased beat writer stated in his game chat yesterday this is good for no one but the Bison. I have the same feeling. Any Bison fan who says otherwise is saying so with a smirk on their face because they know it is not true. Kind of like the Bison fans that showed up at the Jacks/Butler game and tried to tell everyone how good their win against K-State was for the Valley and then would turn toward the field and cheer for Butler. They don't care about the Valley, they only care about themselves.

This is bull**it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      Those two guys who showed up at the Butler game were very young and seemed make a lot of friends around those waiting at the Nick Hamburger trailer. They were just kids to me, and they only used the word ridiculous four times. Getting College Game Day in Fargo will be good for the Dakotas in general. No harm as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                        This is bull**it.
                        How is BS? I agree with TV 100%. Its not like the gameday crew are going to be talking about SDSU and the rest of the FCS. They will probably one spend like 5-10 minutes talking about the actual NDSU game that's going to take place. The rest will be spent on things that the rest of the country want to hear about like Bama, ND, the SEC, and Johnny Football. Having College Gameday in Fargo is just giving NDSU more of an advantage in recruiting (not like they need any help on the FCS level) and giving them more national exposure. Its just another thing Bison fans can rub in their opponent fans faces.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          How is BS? I agree with TV 100%. Its not like the gameday crew are going to be talking about SDSU and the rest of the FCS. They will probably one spend like 5-10 minutes talking about the actual NDSU game that's going to take place. The rest will be spent on things that the rest of the country want to hear about like Bama, ND, the SEC, and Johnny Football. Having College Gameday in Fargo is just giving NDSU more of an advantage in recruiting (not like they need any help on the FCS level) and giving them more national exposure. Its just another thing Bison fans can rub in their opponent fans faces.

BS is you saying it is only good for the Bison. It is good for all of the FCS, which gets dick for coverage on most Saturdays. It will great to have a ton of fans there and show these FBS schools that there is great football and fan support at the FCS level.

And, frankly the Bison deserve to be the FCS representative....although the U of Montana would have also been a very good representative. Plus the Bison are the 2X defending NC and have beaten 4 FBS programs in 4 yrs.

Now if you want to complain that NDSU is hosting this then fine, that is your prerogative but win some NCs and FBS games and maybe Brookings will be a destination in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                            BS is you saying it is only good for the Bison. It is good for all of the FCS, which gets dick for coverage on most Saturdays. It will great to have a ton of fans there and show these FBS schools that there is great football and fan support at the FCS level. And, frankly the Bison deserve to be the FCS representative....although the U of Montana would have also been a very good representative. Plus the Bison are the 2X defending NC and have beaten 4 FBS programs in 4 yrs. Now if you want to complain that NDSU is hosting this then fine, that is your prerogative but win some NCs and FBS games and maybe Brookings will be a destination in the future.
                            WHAT!? I never knew that, congrats.....I agree the FCS gets lackadaisical coverage but College GameDay is not going to change that. ESPN is going to show what people want to see and quite frankly its not FCS football. I would like to know how this helps SDSU and other FCS schools out. Is it going to be the 10 minute segment about the FCS? I'm sorry but i only see this helping the Bison out in mainly recruiting. I don't think anyone said the Bison don't deserve this. It is well-deserved. NDSU has been dominate the past 2 years and have an outstanding football fan support. SDSU has more of a shot at getting College Basketball GameDay coming to Brookings than we do having College Football Gameday IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              You are not heeding Filberts request very well. You can take away from this story what you want. I think it's good for not only NDSU but the FCS. Is it NDSU's fault that we are getting the coverage? Fans have shown the desire and ability to travel well for away games including championship games. Everyone can come up with examples of fans from any school that they had issues with real or perceived. Bottom line is NDSU and it's fans in my opinion are deserving of this for several reasons. If it gives us an edge in any other way for anything that is just a by product of having a good football team with great fan support. Hate if you want but it is what it is. No need to be jealous or go sour grapes on it. Just keep supporting SDSU and hope the team does well and you can build on that. No need to tear down another to try to prop yourself up. Carry on. Oh and while I know it won't matter to you I still pull for SDSU except when they are playing NDSU.

Comment

Thanks for the love guys. Lookin' forward to the tailgate in a couple weeks!

Comment

Working...
                                X