Clear All

Re: In other games.....

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Some games to keep an eye on this weekend:

SE LA @ #24 TCU
    Only down by 3 at half. Woah

Comment

Bison playing name your score. 21-0 after a quarter.

Comment

Ind ST hung with Purdue, in spite of missing their star RB. Lost just 20-14. Out gained Purdue offensively too. Very impressive.

SE LA got handled by TCU but their QB rushed for 132 yards. He will be a handful next week.

Nebraska appears to have righted the ship after the WY embarrassment. They held. S Miss to 160 yards in the first half and have a huge lead.

Comment

USD puts up a decent fight against KU. Jayhawks are in for another long year, unfortunately.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gameca...907&groupId=21

also, note USD has a FIFTEEN, repeat, FIFTEEN game road losing streak. That has to be maddening.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ind ST hung with Purdue, in spite of missing their star RB. Lost just 20-14. Out gained Purdue offensively too. Very impressive.

SE LA got handled by TCU but their QB rushed for 132 yards. He will be a handful next week.

Nebraska appears to have righted the ship after the WY embarrassment. They held. S Miss to 160 yards in the first half and have a huge lead.
            Southern Miss. is TERRIBLE! I think they've won 1 game in the last two years. We'll see how Nebraska fares in their next game against UCLA.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Purdue might not be too great either, got beat by Cincinnati 42-7,although i don't know how good Cincinnati is.Cincinnati lost to ILL in their second game of the season 45-17
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

So Miss is horrible, means very little. Did I read it right? NU paid 2.1 million for that game?
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  So Miss is horrible, means very little. Did I read it right? NU paid 2.1 million for that game?
                  From what i understand this game was supposed to be a home game for Southern Miss. but they opted for the cash instead. 2.1 mill. is a hell of a payday. Also, So. Miss was 0-12 last year and 12-2 the year before. ouch

Comment

This will be a little slower week here in the Valley. I count five games that are worth keeping an eye on (plus the Nebraska game).

- Of course, there is our game. We are officially 13 point favorites, but I'm not sure I'd wager much on that point spread. I'm kind of surprised SE LA did not show higher in the most recent FCS poll. This would be their chance to climb high.
                    - YSU goes to Michigan State. Both teams are 2-0.
                    - WIU goes to Minnesota. The Gophers have averaged 47 points in their first two games (not against the best competition) and WIU has only given up 15 points (definitely NOT against the best competition).
                    - Illinois St. goes Eastern Illinois. Should be a good one - both are ranked.
                    - Missouri State goes to Murray State. Maybe this game does not belong on the "worth keeping an eye on" list...
                    - Nebraska has their biggest non-conference game against #16 UCLA. I'm not sure if I would rather see them win or lose, as far as our game with them next week goes.

Comment

This will be a little slower week here in the Valley. I count five games that are worth keeping an eye on (plus the Nebraska game).

- Of course, there is our game. We are officially 13 point favorites, but I'm not sure I'd wager much on that point spread. I'm kind of surprised SE LA did not show higher in the most recent FCS poll. This would be their chance to climb high.
                      - WIU goes to Minnesota. The Gophers have averaged 47 points in their first two games (not against the best competition) and WIU has only given up 15 points (definitely NOT against the best competition).
                      - Missouri State goes to Murray State. Maybe this game does not belong on the "worth keeping an eye on" list...
                      - Nebraska has their biggest non-conference game against #16 UCLA. I'm not sure if I would rather see them win or lose, as far as our game with them next week goes.

I hope Nebraska wins and gets over confident.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        I hope Nebraska wins and gets over confident.
                        At first,I thought this too,but then i realized that if they beat UCLA,they've figured out issues they had with the team,and are playing,really good.They will play with more confidence .If they lose,it shows they're still stuggling and they may be vulnerable.They might be unsure and tentative .But,who knows ?

Comment

I'm hoping for a Nebraska loss. It's always a good day when Nebraska gets beat.

Comment

Western Illinois leads 12-7 in the 3rd quarter
                            Last edited by yoteforever; 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM. Reason: Score posted on espn.com changed

Comment

Not surprising...well a little...Western goes up on the Gophers 12-7 late in the 3rd. The Gophers do not look like an FBS program much less a Big10/BCS program. Yikes.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                Western Illinois leads 12-7 in the 3rd quarter
                                Go 'Necks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
                                X