Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More trouble in BisonLand

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Yeah the win will be easy and the jon deere crowd will go home happy or it could be like other games where they go home with tears in their beer and cuzzing the world for a bison loss.

Good thing the wife is driving, otherwise road rage would be a hazard going home for me in Arlington SD some 20 miles west. Who knows No 52 could be a hero again. In a serious vain, Mr. Beck seems to be an ordinary kid from ND. I wish him the best this season. I have to google to see where Munich is in that Garden State.
    Nidaros, you seriously are a good dude. I hope we get to meet this year. Have a good weekend my friend.

Comment

Just did a google on Munich ND. It lists two prominent people who are from Munich. One is Quentin Burdick, former US Senator and the other is Travis Beck NDSU Football player. HMMM Conspiracy here, who is the County attorney again? Birch Burdick son of the US Senator. How many people in Munich? 200 according to 2010 census. What are the odds that Burdick and Beck families are acquainted? Something to think about. Just joking . Carry on. What I seen and heard of the County Attorney, he does a great job. Sort of like Clyde Calhoun.

Comment

Just did a google on Munich ND. It lists two prominent people who are from Munich. One is Quentin Burdick, former US Senator and the other is Travis Beck NDSU Football player. HMMM Conspiracy here, who is the County attorney again? Birch Burdick son of the US Senator. How many people in Munich? 200 according to 2010 census. What are the odds that Burdick and Beck families are acquainted? Something to think about. Just joking . Carry on. What I seen and heard of the County Attorney, he does a great job. Sort of like Clyde Calhoun.
        so much you are missing, Quentin Burdick was a QB on the same team of Bronco Nagurski, nothing to do with NDSU and he graduated from the University of MN.....so you speak nothing valid.......
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          so much you are missing, Quentin Burdick was a QB on the same team of Bronco Nagurski, nothing to do with NDSU and he graduated from the University of MN.....so you speak nothing valid.......
          For your info Clyde Calhoun is the County Attorney for Brookings County SD, and has been for about 3 decades and he lost his eye sight in a car accident. Very brilliant and a big football fan. He will be in attendance when the Bison come to town this fall. Just making a parallel with Birch Burdick.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 06-15-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

...when the Bison go Down this fall.
            FIFY

Comment

But they both played for the Munich Buffalos or whatever their mascot might be. Small town folks hang together, that's what I am saying. And why not since youngins often do get in trouble in the big metropolis of FARGO. Good thing this happened in Cass County since son Birch is the County attorney. Just saying.....

I believe Quentin represented ND very ablely for a couple of decades at least in the US Senate.

Comment

I forgot SDSU fans and their players are the most perfect law abiding people on he planet. it's amazing I commend you all
                Well don't forget it again.

Comment

I forgot SDSU fans and their players are the most perfect law abiding people on he planet. it's amazing I commend you all
                  Don't try and make an excuse. Also, it isn't illegal if you don't get caught
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Sounds like beck took the ryan bruan defense. Do something wrong and get busted for it yet argues a technicality and then tried to get everyone to think it didn't happen. The DA must be an ndsu fan. Regardless I would like to see bohl take the high road and not give him a free pass again. He has shown a history regardless of the circumstance to make poor choices that reflect unbecoming on the school and football team. I hope he gives him some sort of punishment beyond running extra sprints at practice.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This "jealousy" thing is downright baffling in this context. What, in this specific fact set - post-bar fight at 3 in the morning, one kid gets knocked out, other kid gets arrested for criminal assault based on multiple witness testimony, DA says he can't prove assault while concurrently disproving self-defense, and case gets dropped against star linebacker- is there to be jealous of?

Comment

An update on the Travis Beck situation. It appears to be procedures necessary to finally put this incident in the files.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/408211/

Comment

Another incident in BisonLand. I do have to commend this player for owning up to his problem.

The Pioneer Press reports that Leevon Perry, a 3 year starter at defensive tackle, was arrested July 7th for drunking driving. He is pleading guilty and as a result will be suspended for their opener against K State.

"Leevon and I sat down. He's remorseful for his actions, and he's going to go through assessments as opposed to delaying everything," Bohl told The Forum newspaper. "He came in and said, 'Coach, I'm guilty. I'm wrong.' And so we're moving forward."

While I was never caught for drunken driving, I had my share of indiscretions in college. It is refreshing to see a young man owning up to his problem and move on. I can also appreciate how coach Bohl is handling it.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            Another incident in BisonLand. I do have to commend this player for owning up to his problem.

The Pioneer Press reports that Leevon Perry, a 3 year starter at defensive tackle, was arrested July 7th for drunking driving. He is pleading guilty and as a result will be suspended for their opener against K State.

"Leevon and I sat down. He's remorseful for his actions, and he's going to go through assessments as opposed to delaying everything," Bohl told The Forum newspaper. "He came in and said, 'Coach, I'm guilty. I'm wrong.' And so we're moving forward."

While I was never caught for drunken driving, I had my share of indiscretions in college. It is refreshing to see a young man owning up to his problem and move on. I can also appreciate how coach Bohl is handling it.
                            Under smack, I posted a link to the Forum which basically says the same details. No biggy!!!

I too, admire Leevon for facing the music. It might seem like a slap on the wrist, but those are the Bison rules, the Cass County rules are a little more severe, but not as severe as SD. The ND legislature tried to up the penalties for DUI, but did not get much done.

No fun I had two DUI's in six months and kept them both from my employer since they both happened on weekends, and I worked Saturdays and had Monday off. On the second one I call in sick from jail. This was my last taste of fermented beverages.
                            It will be 40 years this fall since this happen.

Leevon has to answer some questions about himself, he may not be a problem drinker though. Judging from the details in this story, he had a few too many, and was caught. When you got court dates, its best to be there and take what you have coming. This is will be on his record, and having been out of the work force for 10 years, I don't know how employers look at these things. If he is going to the NFL, it might not be a big deal.

Leevon seemed to stop ZZ before he went down with that injury. SDSU supposedly got a lick in according to Bisonville observers.
                            I think the Bison needed him more for K-State than for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

According to some posters on the Bison board Perry was probably not going to play in the opener anyway, so agreeing to the suspension might not be as noble a gesture as it first appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                According to some posters on the Bison board Perry was probably not going to play in the opener anyway, so agreeing to the suspension might not be as noble a gesture as it first appeared.
                                This is true but he will be available on Sept 28, for another pancake job or whatever we were accused of by Bisonville. (The alleged illegal block that caused the original injury.)

Comment

Working...
                                X