Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More trouble in BisonLand

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Well, wouldn't YOU want to avoid arrest as well?
    Yes I have been cuffed twice in my life about 40 years ago. Not a pleasant experience. Some very interesting comments and observations over on Bisonville. I do believe Travis deserves his day in court. He appears to have the best defense attorney in Fargo, so lets see how this all turns out.

Comment

The kid has already been in trouble with the law and got a plea bargain deal in his earlier incident. Here is the part of the story that I am not sure is defense able - from the Fargo paper

"Police said they were called to a fight sometime after 2 a.m. Sunday and found 24-year-old Matthew Aanenson lying unconscious on the ground. Several witnesses said Beck was the aggressor."

That is even before the resisting arrest happens.If you have already been in trouble with the law, maybe just maybe you shouldn't be out until 2 am picking fights and then hitting a guy until he is unconscious in front of several witnesses and then resisting arrest. I do believe you are innocent until proven guilty, but the police have given the prosecution some good stuff to work with.

With that said - I won't be surprised if the North Dakota justice system and NDSU finds a way to get him on the field. Football may be "too big" in that town/state.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        The kid could have been really drunk and the EMTs basically had to take him to the hospital. It happens quite a bit.
        The police found him unconscious after a beating - the police have many eye witnesses - of course they are going to take him to the hospital, he didn't pass out from being really drunk. I won't be surprised if alcohol played a role in the whole incident, but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          The police found him unconscious after a beating - the police have many eye witnesses - of course they are going to take him to the hospital, he didn't pass out from being really drunk. I won't be surprised if alcohol played a role in the whole incident, but come on.
          You're obviously taking my post the wrong way, again. I hadn't read the incident report or anything, but I was simply stating "The kid could have been really drunk and just needed to go to the hospital." Nidaros mentioned he could have been critical enough to go to a new hospital for better treatment, which is highly unlikely. People get taken to the hospital for dumb reasons all the time. I was saying that comment as in who really knows why he was taken there and it could have been as simple as he was just a drunk kid.

We'll never know what actually happened, nor do I actually care I guess.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

With that said - I won't be surprised if the North Dakota justice system and NDSU finds a way to get him on the field. Football may be "too big" in that town/state.
            Tell me about it. I been watching NDSU football and the impact since Darrel Mudra replaced Bob Danielsen in 1963. Bob btw was a former Ralph Ginn Assistant. A real gentleman who could not win with the limited resources. A new president and formation of the Teammakers change the attitude over night. A three peat is definitely on the minds of many, many, fans in Fargo and surrounding area. If SDSU was located in SF instead of Brookings we might have had the same problems that they have. Winning is everything. Even if some star beats the brains out of an individual who made the mistake of arguing a trivial point such as more flavor or less filling of Budwiser.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

We'll never know what actually happened, nor do I actually care I guess.
              Come now, you really do care, as you and I have kept this thread alive.

Comment

I would think the legal system would squeeze out some version close to the truth. Isn't that what the system is all about? I'm curious how the case will turn out because SDSU plays NDSU and hopefully will be challenging the Bison for the Missouri Valley champsionship.
                This space for lease.

Comment

You might be right, but eventually that will come back to bite them in the a**.

The University of MT is a shining example. Football is king up there. They had a major problem with athletes breaking laws. Some of that stuff was reportedly swept under the rug by the University. It came to head last year when the President canned the AD and football coach for basically not holding players accountable. They seem to be taking steps now to clean that crap up. Were talking stuff as serious as sexual assaults.

One reason I will NEVER pull for Montana. Unfortunately the money is SO big in sports anymore that often times "stars" aren't held accountable for their actions. It's sad really.

Comment

Bohl doesn't have a lot patience for this kind of behavior. I think he is likely done unless what really happened is quite a bit different than what has been reported.

Comment

Apparently the charges have been dropped.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Not surprised

Comment

Not surprised
                          Jealousy is ugly. Seriously. There was a video that showed Beck was the one attacked. It just happened that he was the tougher...even though there were two of them. Let it also be known that the other guy was considerably larger than Beck. It appears this guy was looking for trouble and found it. Not sure about his buddy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled jealousy.

Comment

Then why did he resist arrest - I understand that charge is still pending - ? Shouldn't he have sought out the police if he was the "innocent" victim of an assault. Please your program is constantly in the news for all the wrong reason, but NDSU always finds a way to get them back on the field.

By the way did you see the video? I understand that the Fargo PD will not release it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              You might be right, but eventually that will come back to bite them in the a**.

The University of MT is a shining example. Football is king up there. They had a major problem with athletes breaking laws. Some of that stuff was reportedly swept under the rug by the University. It came to head last year when the President canned the AD and football coach for basically not holding players accountable. They seem to be taking steps now to clean that crap up. Were talking stuff as serious as sexual assaults.

One reason I will NEVER pull for Montana. Unfortunately the money is SO big in sports anymore that often times "stars" aren't held accountable for their actions. It's sad really.
                              This.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Jealousy is ugly. Seriously. There was a video that showed Beck was the one attacked. It just happened that he was the tougher...even though there were two of them. Let it also be known that the other guy was considerably larger than Beck. It appears this guy was looking for trouble and found it. Not sure about his buddy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled jealousy.
                                Video and evidence can be tampered with! I want to see the "real" version.
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X