X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu news

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    "These kids have been through enough"
    Is that actually a Gene Taylor quote? Yikes.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Yep,not his finest hour: https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publis...TOKEN=61129403

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        This quote was taken after the Colorado State game. He later issued an apology for his remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          This quote was taken after the Colorado State game. He later issued an apology for his remarks.
          A difference in state law saved the second NC for NDSU.
          Do you really think "Good old" Gene cares that much about the student athletes? I do think its all about feathers in your hat or how it appears on your resume.Had petition fraud been treated the same under SD law, these guys would all have been dismissed from the team. There would have been a whale of number of starting positions that would have had to be filled by Craig Bohl.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            A difference in state law saved the second NC for NDSU. Do you really think "Good old" Gene cares that much about the student athletes? I do think its all about feathers in your hat or how it appears on your resume.Had petition fraud been treated the same under SD law, these guys would all have been dismissed from the team. There would have been a whale of number of starting positions that would have had to be filled by Craig Bohl.
            none of these players were on last years team and Josh hasn't played in 3 years, they are out of school and have no ties to NDSU except being former players, do people here think Gene and Bohl were supposed to call and make these guys go to CS??
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              none of these players were on last years team and Josh hasn't played in 3 years, they are out of school and have no ties to NDSU except being former players, do people here think Gene and Bohl were supposed to call and make these guys go to CS??
              Nidaros's point is that *all* players, current and former, likely would've been charged with felonies had this taken place in South Dakota.

SD doesn't carve out a perjury exception for petition documents, AFAIK. All would've been charged with multiple Class 6 felonies for falsely certifying the accuracy of their petition forms, and that's independent of the thousands of counts of forged signatures.

Legal ref: http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...9&Type=Statute

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                There were a number of your starters charged last fall and shortly after CSU game, Gene Taylor makes this wacko comment about these accused players whohave been through the ringer, so back off. If it were not a misdemeanor in ND, these Bison people would have been in big trouble. In SD, these guys would all be sitting in SF at a place called Granite City, and I don't mean the restaurant on the west side of town. It's called the State Pen.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Nidaros's point is that *all* players, current and former, likely would've been charged with felonies had this taken place in South Dakota.

SD doesn't carve out a perjury exception for petition documents, AFAIK. All would've been charged with multiple Class 6 felonies for falsely certifying the accuracy of their petition forms, and that's independent of the thousands of counts of forged signatures.

Legal ref: http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...9&Type=Statute
                  EXACTLY STATED Thanks Zoo. Your the man.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Nidaros's point is that *all* players, current and former, likely would've been charged with felonies had this taken place in South Dakota.SD doesn't carve out a perjury exception for petition documents, AFAIK. All would've been charged with multiple Class 6 felonies for falsely certifying the accuracy of their petition forms, and that's independent of the thousands of counts of forged signatures.Legal ref: http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...9&Type=Statute
                    that's fine but all current players followed thru with their sentence don't matter what WOULD have happened in another state. my point still stands these are not adults the school or anyone can control

there are thing people in SD do that are illegal in other states also

am I defending these idiots...no but I'm just glad the current players did their time.
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

The point is those players were smart enough to not play in SD.*

*I kid, I kid. Former players apparent (lack of) actions have resurfaced a black eye on the program.**
                      **So at our game this year in Brookings you can explain to me over a beer or two how you guys lost 28-3 "the right way".

Comment

Working...
                      X