Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montana State backs out of Fargo game

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    There are at least 2 parties to every contract. Someone from MSU and NDSU signed on the dotted line.

MSU simply excercised an option in that contract. Was it poor form? Probably, but that's why you have a contract.

To me, the bigger question is, who is the contracts dufus at NDSU that thought allowing a buyout this late in the game was an acceptable contract term?
    I agree. I'll add that imo Gene Taylors taking a cheap shot at the Big Sky was unprofessional, and just tacky.

Comment

He didn't really call out or bash the Big Sky. He was kind of misquoted, the actual interview was posted on the Bison Media Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        He didn't really call out or bash the Big Sky. He was kind of misquoted, the actual interview was posted on the Bison Media Blog.
        He was "kinda" misquoted in the forum article?http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          He was "kinda" misquoted in the forum article?http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/
          Yeah he was kind of misquoted in the Forum article, the actual video interview is a bit different.

I'm glad he laid into MSU, they deserved every bit of it for the stunt they pulled. To do this in late February is pathetic and for just an extra $150k? What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Yeah he was kind of misquoted in the Forum article, the actual video interview is a bit different.

I'm glad he laid into MSU, they deserved every bit of it for the stunt they pulled. To do this in late February is pathetic and for just an extra $150k? What a joke.
            Let see, I am a bit confused. MSU is going to Dallas for 250K? Is this correct. I thought I heard the AD from MSU talk about bringing SMU to Bozeman is this a 2 for 1 deal? Playing MSU three years in a row is risky and lets see if they can pull off a buyout with SMU if say they get a wiff of Pac 10 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Let see, I am a bit confused. MSU is going to Dallas for 250K? Is this correct. I thought I heard the AD from MSU talk about bringing SMU to Bozeman is this a 2 for 1 deal? Playing MSU three years in a row is risky and lets see if they can pull off a buyout with SMU if say they get a wiff of Pac 10 game.
              It is just a one time deal for $300k.

NDSU also offered them an incentive to still play the game but they declined. Either they don't want to lose in Fargo or they are having some financial issues and really need $200-150k.

Comment

One of the Bracketbuseter basketball games is Montana Grizz at Davidson on Saturday (ESPNU at 3:00 p.m. Eastern). Any rumblings about Montana trying to buy its way out?

Comment

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...c7add012f.html

Might explain why Montana State backed out of the NDSU game. And they were scared they were going to get walloped.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...c7add012f.html

Might explain why Montana State backed out of the NDSU game. And they were scared they were going to get walloped.
                    I can see now why the buyout took place, but to pay 200,000 for Monmouth to come to Bozeman? Is that a good idea? Well if you need a home game, I suppose it is. They have a very nice Staduim BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I can see now why the buyout took place, but to pay 200,000 for Monmouth to come to Bozeman? Is that a good idea? Well if you need a home game, I suppose it is. They have a very nice Staduim BTW.

I can also understand the buyout but if another home game is so critical to their budget, why not buy out the game last fall? Their AD knew they had less than 6 home games. Why wait so dang long to do it? That is my problem with it.

I'm sure GT will find another game but it is going to be expensive. Delaware State is getting 200K....I'm sure the next game will be even more.

Comment

If I'm an AD at any school that Montana State wants to entertain in FB, it just got pretty expensive with the BS they pulled on NDSU. We have mentioned the difficulty that already exists in getting more home games. That said, I wouldn't touch an away then home contract with any school in the great state of Montana. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but rather re-stating the obvious - how low class to wait until so late.

They were the king of the BS conference last year, though....... (Kinda appropriate if you ask me.....)

Comment

At the rate they're keeping up, the only thing they're going to be able to do is buy games.

IF I was SDSU, NDSU, or USD or any other school for that matter, I would put in a "poison pill" in the contract. Cancel our home game, pay $500,000.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            At the rate they're keeping up, the only thing they're going to be able to do is buy games.

IF I was SDSU, NDSU, or USD or any other school for that matter, I would put in a "poison pill" in the contract. Cancel our home game, pay $500,000.
                            I'm sure its difficult to get these games and administrators are playing hard ball about the clauses in the contracts, etc. However I'd put in a clause in any contract that the buyout goes up by 10X as soon as the prior season is finished, so Thanksgiving, you have to give notice to buyout next years game or it goes up. That way if Oregon comes calling in February, you don't cluster F#%( the whole scheduling of another FCS program

Comment

Working...
                            X