X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/20 Pick 'em

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
    I side with Witness on this. Picking against the Jacks is dorky
    If we are going to pick sides, I will go with JackJD, as a moderator he is trying to maintain some civil decorum. I picked the Jacks to win, but I see no harm in going the other way.

Comment

Following this debate about who can and who cannot pick the Jacks to lose does make me pose this hypothetical question: Would it be acceptable for me to pick the Jacks to win? Remember hypothetical only?
      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        Following this debate about who can and who cannot pick the Jacks to lose does make me pose this hypothetical question: Would it be acceptable for me to pick the Jacks to win? Remember hypothetical only?
        Yes that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
          I side with Witness on this. Picking against the Jacks is dorky
          I'm with you both, and I by no means think witness was being a jerk. I've ranted about this stuff before and will not reopen it, nor stand on my soapbox.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

SDSU (5-1) at UNI (1-5) - Just cause.
            NDSU (5-1) vs USD (1-5) in Sioux Falls – home game for USD?
            Missouri State (1-5) at Illinois State (6-1)
            Southern Illinois (4-3) at Youngstown State (4-2)
            Indiana State (5-2) at Western Illinois (3-3)

Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              SDSU (5-1) at UNI (1-5) - Just cause.
              NDSU (5-1) vs USD (1-5) in Sioux Falls – home game for USD?
              Missouri State (1-5) at Illinois State (6-1)
              Southern Illinois (4-3) at Youngstown State (4-2)
              Indiana State (5-2) at Western Illinois (3-3)

Well....that's no shock....I've never looked at you as a true fan anyways.........(ban me if you want, JD)

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Well....that's no shock....I've never looked at you as a true fan anyways.........(ban me if you want, JD)
                Not that is wrong, but RO has ties to Verminland. Seems like he grew up there, but he does cheer for the Jacks and is more than a Rabbit observer. Being a Jack follower grows on you.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your new role as the Chief of Fan Police.

Comment

Hahahaha is somebody upset?

You know, if I actually cared about your opinion on whether or not you thought I was a fan, your post would be really upsetting to me. It's truly fortunate that I don't take message board posts as seriously as you do.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Not looking to ban anyone...moderators have other tools available. Since I have to read every post, I tend to pay attention to one's body of work. We have a congenial board that is also very entertaining for its participants. It's fine to disagree and do so vigorously in most cases...but, getting on someone's case for guessing on a game outcome in a thread that has no serious purpose? (Of course, now we know the UNI pick was accurate.)

Maybe this next week we can have two pick 'em threads: one that covers all conference games, and a second that covers all but the SDSU game -- in the second thread we'll just list SDSU as the winner vs 'any opponent'.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        SDSU (5-1) at UNI (1-5) I just have a really bad feeling about this game. Perhaps I need to stop remembering past years at UNI.
                        NDSU (5-1) vs USD (1-5) Banged up or not, NDSU isn't going to lose two in a row.
                        Missouri State (1-5) at Illinois State (6-1) USD might've been MSU's only win.
                        Southern Illinois (4-3) at Youngstown State (4-2) Tough one, SIU is playing good ball right now. I'll take YSU at home.
                        Indiana State (5-2) at Western Illinois (3-3) Wouldn't mind an ISU-B loss, but it isn't gonna happen.
                        SDSU at UNI ...UNIDome curse continues.
                        USD at NDSU...ROFL.
                        MSU at ISU-R...The birds are really coming back down the earth, huh?
                        SIU at YSU...I though YSU was supposed to be so good? SIU continues their good ball. I had our game with them pegged as a sure win, but now I'm not so sure *hides from witness*
                        ISU-B at WIU. Yep.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Hahahaha is somebody upset?

You know, if I actually cared about your opinion on whether or not you thought I was a fan, your post would be really upsetting to me. It's truly fortunate that I don't take message board posts as seriously as you do.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Go Jacks!
                          Not in the least upset. Like I said, I don't take you seriously as a fan or on this message board mostly you just complain and bitch about every little thing, to be honest I think you're somewhat of troll you're response that you think someone is upset over one of your posts confirms it for me. My Saturday was very nice, except for the Jacks game. Have a nice week! Hopefully you find the time to stand up as a fan on Saturday. or are you picking Y'town?

Comment

Not in the least upset. Like I said, I don't take you seriously as a fan or on this message board mostly you just complain and bitch about every little thing, to be honest I think you're somewhat of troll you're response that you think someone is upset over one of your posts confirms it for me. My Saturday was very nice, except for the Jacks game. Have a nice week! Hopefully you find the time to stand up as a fan on Saturday. or are you picking Y'town?
                            Based on how you write, I'm not overtly concerned with what you think about me. But if you don't think I am a "real" SDSU fan after all this time, then your writing is only scratching the surface of your lack of intelligence in this thread. I'm not sure what you are basing your assertions on, other than my decision to bold UNI's name over SDSU's. To be honest, I thought SDSU would win. I haven't done any of these pick'ems all year, but I thought the comments in this thread were beyond stupid. So I decided to pick UNI as a joke. You taking it seriously is another testament to your own intelligence. Am I serious on this board very often? No. It's message board. Am I an SDSU fan? Yes, they are the only college team I cheer for in any sport on any level.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Comment

Got a chuckle out of the Rodney King video. And on that point of humor, I'm going to close this thread.

There have been personal attacks that are unwarranted in a thread that is an attempt by some fans to have a little mid-week entertainment speculating about the upcoming games.

Sometimes posters may growl at each other...that's probably okay. But in a pick 'em thread? Are you serious?

When the new ‘Pick ‘em’ thread is started, let’s leave the personal shots off the board. If someone wants to guess that SDSU may lose, so what. Such a thread is one in which everyone can state their opinion without concern they may getting some grief from another poster. Humor is always welcome and good-natured ribbing about a pick seems fine…but, mean-spirited attacks or over-wrought expressions of shock and surprise…really? Get off it.]

I have received messages from good members of this board who are concerned that participation will drop off when people start getting nasty to one another. That shouldn’t happen on this board.

Last edited by JackJD; 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X