YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1)
    UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3)
    USD (1-4) at Missouri State (0-6)

Region:
    Minnesota (4-1) at Northwestern (5-1)
    Iowa (3-2) at Michigan State (4-2)

Re: 10/13 Pick 'em
    My picks:

WIU (3-2) at SDSU (4-1) Good guys by 14...maybe 21...passing game returns and Zenner, well, he's Zach Zenner!
    Indiana St (4-2) at NDSU (5-0).
    YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1) Should be a close one.
    UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3)
    USD (1-4) atMissouri State (0-6). I still think MSU is going to bite someone but predicting Coyotes in a close one. This one may be the final straw for the MSU coaching staff.

Region:
    Minnesota (4-1) at Northwestern (5-1) I think it'll be close but I'm going with Jerry Kill rehab machine.
    Iowa (3-2) at Michigan State (4-2) Iowa drops back into its funk.

Comment

WIU (3-2) at SDSU (4-1) Zenner doesn't break a long one, but Sumner has a complete game. Jacks by 17.
      Indiana St (4-2) at NDSU (5-0) Is Bell playing? If so, Bison by 14, if not Bison by 21.
      YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1) Tough one. YSU is reeling after the blowout in Fargo. Gotta give the nod to Matt Brown at home.
      UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3) UNI is better than their record.
      USD (1-4) at Missouri State (0-6) At first I had USD, but then I figured MSU isn't gonna go 0-fer, and until they prove otherwise, we all know how the 'yotes play on the road.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        WIU (3-2) at SDSU (4-1)
        Indiana St (4-2) at NDSU (5-0)
        YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1)
        UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3)
        USD (1-4) at Missouri State (0-6)

Region:
        Minnesota (4-1) at Northwestern (5-1)
        Iowa (3-2) at Michigan State (4-2)

The Jacks need UNI to beat SIU to essentially get them pushed out of the playoffs. UNI won't qualify because of their wins. The most interesting game is going to be YSU at ISU-Red. I can't really decide who is going to win that game, but I picked YSU. Jacks need ISU-Red to go on a losing streak here. ISU-Red still needs to play at Indiana State, at UNI, and at home vs North Dakota State. All games that they could lose.

On the other hand, if YSU loses SDSU has a chance to beat them at home and win the head-to-head matchup, which is something they can't do with Illinois State. YSU has a much easier schedule going forward, so I think State fans should be cheering for YSU this week and hope Illinois State starts to fall.

Luckily, this is all out of State's control and the only thing they can do is go 1-0 every week.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

WIU (3-2) at SDSU (4-1) This could get ugly if D forces a couple of turnovers. WIU hasn't had a tough D team yet. Look for Sumner to have a good passing day and Zenner, for 200 with two breakaway tds.
          Indiana St (4-2) at NDSU (5-0). Until ISU-B demonstrates that they can pass, stack the box vs Bell. SDSU has shown how to beat ISU-B, NDSU is at least as stifling a D as Jacks.
          YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1) Should be a close one. Ill St. needs to show some D.
          UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3) Shame that UNI scheduled themselves out of the play-offs. Best team without a D-I win.
          USD (1-4) at Missouri State (0-6). I still think MSU gets out of the cellar, and put the pups there for the season.

Region:
          Minnesota (4-1) at Northwestern (5-1) I think it'll be close, but I'm going with NW.
          Iowa (3-2) at Michigan State (4-2) Iowa drops back into its funk.

Comment

SDSU
            NDSU
            YSu
            SIU
            MSU

Northwestern
            Michigan State

Comment

SDSU- Jacks get the passing game going and win by 14.
              NDSU- Bison keep rolling- by 17
              YSU- They get back on track and win a close one.
              UNI- Panthers roll- win by 17
              MSU- I wouldn't pick the Yotes to win even if they were playing Vermillion High School.

Northwestern by 20
              Michigan State 10

Comment

USD scores first against MSU with a little more than 10 minutes in the first quarter. MSU playing dumb: dumb penalties. Not sure those guys want to win.

Comment

USD scores first against MSU with a little more than 10 minutes in the first quarter. MSU playing dumb: dumb penalties. Not sure those guys want to win.
                  I must admit, I really like USD's new uniforms for this year. They look good.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    WIU (3-2) at SDSU (4-1) Zenner doesn't break a long one, but Sumner has a complete game. Jacks by 17.
                    Indiana St (4-2) at NDSU (5-0) Is Bell playing? If so, Bison by 14, if not Bison by 21.
                    YSU (4-1) at Illinois St (5-1) Tough one. YSU is reeling after the blowout in Fargo. Gotta give the nod to Matt Brown at home.
                    UNI (1-4) at SIU (3-3) UNI is better than their record.
                    USD (1-4) at Missouri State (0-6) At first I had USD, but then I figured MSU isn't gonna go 0-fer, and until they prove otherwise, we all know how the 'yotes play on the road.

Missed WIU/SDSU point differential by 4 pts, not bad. Zenner continued to amaze, Sumner continued to struggle.
                    Pretty shocked ISU-B beat NDSU. Jensen is human....near spit-take when I saw his stats.
                    YSU/ISU-R. - Right on the money.
                    UNI/SIU - shocking...perhaps UNI is as bad as their record? Or is SIU just that good? (I guess it was in Carbondale, I was thinking today it was at UNI.)
                    USD/MSU - ROFL. Right on the money.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Rowdy: If I buy a Powerball ticket next week, will you help me select the numbers? This was a wild weekend in the MVFC but you must have the right cyrstal ball!

Comment

Rowdy: If I buy a Powerball ticket next week, will you help me select the numbers? This was a wild weekend in the MVFC but you must have the right cyrstal ball!
                        Well, I *did* still get two wrong...but I really liked the ones I got right!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Well, I *did* still get two wrong...but I really liked the ones I got right!
                          Don't have to get all the powerball numbers to claim a prize either.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Don't have to get all the powerball numbers to claim a prize either.
                            True. There was asinine banter on Bisonville about Bowl invites earlier this week that almost made me change my pick from NDSU to ISU-B. Shoulda done it.

Comment

Working...
                            X