Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI AD hints fbs?

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Hah. Maybe I should have used Title IX has ran its course, or needs to be revised. Without Title IX, there would be womens sports today anyways. I have read many wrestling boards on wrestling programs closing because of Title IX.
    It’s the law of unintended consequences. Title IX may have helped women’s sports but its also short sighted to say that women’s sports wouldn’t have been successful on their own without the law. Maybe baseball, wrestling, gymnastics programs have been and will still be decimated because of title IX, there is no denying that but due to the nature of the beast many of those programs might have fallen victim to budget cuts just the same. People make reference of how title Ix helped women athletes at the Olympics, but fail to see how this will hurt men’s Olympic programs mainly wrestling and men’s gymnastics, which is where most of those athletes come from college programs. Both good and bad things happened because of the law.

I think it should be ammended that if a mens program is subject to cuts do the title IX number rules, they should be able to petition why they be kept as a program. Often if they are a self funding program that makes money but not much, and often times they dont have many scholarships to gain from cutting them. There should be a process in place to help so both mens and womens programs can be around.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      What impact would UNI going FBS have on their status in the Missouri Valley?

The MAC is the only football only FBS conference that I can think of that would be a conceivable fit.

Would be awesome to see UNI leave the Missouri Valley, opening the door for a potential invite to the xDSU's.
      doesnt the uni dome attendance factor in also? I thought Ncaa required certain attendance figures or something along those lines.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        doesnt the uni dome attendance factor in also? I thought Ncaa required certain attendance figures or something along those lines.
        I believe it's 15000 on a 2 year rolling average. I know there are several teams that didn't average that but the NCAA hasn't done anything to them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I believe it's 15000 on a 2 year rolling average. I know there are several teams that didn't average that but the NCAA hasn't done anything to them yet.
          Oh I thought it was more like 25K or 30K at least.

Comment

Working...
          X