Briar Cliff to play home games in DakotaDome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Briar Cliff to play home games in DakotaDome

USD needs the $$$$, so they rent out part of their house to a stranger. Who cares? Same reason they were playing two FBS money games. Their athletic department is underfunded because of lack of support - corp., tickets, etc.- so they make up for it where they can. If we were in their shoes we might do the same thing. Thankfully we are not.

Comment

Re: Briar Cliff to play home games in DakotaDome

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      I can guarantee you SDSU is seldom, if ever, going to rent out it's indoor practice facility ever. The facility is not built for fans, except for the minimal seating for indoor track meets, and the facility will be an athletic department (all outdoor sports) and student facility all the time. It will be busy.
      I assume you have had some sort of an advisory role or close to those who serve in this function, in this project so you would know what of what you speak. With the multi-purpose of the field house, without a doubt it will be a very busy place. Too busy, for rentals. I like how Stig's office and the area facing the football field are used on game days in order to reward donors and to encourage larger donations. Our AD seems to know what is going on and what works and what does not work. I dont think rentals of the field house are part of his agenda.

Fortunately Mount Marty in Watertown does have athletic programs. I mention the branch of MM because it is the only comparable institution located within 50 miles of Brookings.

I suspect BC has already confered with Morningside College and the GAPAC commissioner about using Morningside's facilty and they have not found it to be a workable solution. Two home teams using the same field plus some of the hs in SC use the Morningside facility. Its not a bad place to watch a game.

Now USD, they are a different game financially and in a different town than Brookville. Thats about all I can say about them since I am not an internal accountant and even if I was, it would not be good for job security to post details that are priviledge information.

Comment

Working...
      X