Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Not that I give 2 craps but your side wasn't packed by any stretch of the imagination. There were a lot of Bison but had over 20% empty seats
    "The number of Bison fans here is ridiculous", so a commerical that ran in Fargo after the NC was won earlier this year. How dare you question that?. I suspect the turnout from the North was good, but maybe not as good as some thought. Hopefully this was good for USD. They were the hosts after all.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      If I was Sayler, I would do all I could to make it difficult for the Argus to get any information. They have proved over and over that the Coyotes are not going to get highlights unless we play you. I would give Yankton and Sioux City unlimited access and write off the Argus. I applaud whatever connections you have there because you certainly get preferential treatment. And positive press would go a long way in building a foundation for this program. I would no longer kiss their A$$ and wouldn't provide seats on the plane or access to practice, but that's just me. Congrats on your season by the way. You have reason to be proud.
      And Yet the P&D who has done nothing but be a great ambassador for USD gets the shaft more often than not from USD. For the U, it is Argus or not. I agree btw... the Sioux City Market is where USD should be targeting.

Comment

Here is the link to Jeremy's Article in the P&D

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...c874215916.txt

Bison Blast Past South Dakota 54-0

BY JEREMY HOECK
        jeremy.hoeck@yankton.net

Published: Monday, October 22, 2012 1:06 AM CDT
        SIOUX FALLS — A loss of historic proportions was made worse by what the home team didn’t do almost as much as what the defending national champions did.

Still, there was a cause and effect formula to what North Dakota State did to the University of South Dakota in Saturday night’s 54-0 thrashing in front of 9,269 green and yellow-dominated fans at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls.

Boasting the nation’s top defense, the Bison limited USD to four first downs, 0-of-12 on third downs, 17 yards rushing and 76 yards of total offense.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          Here is the link to Jeremy's Article in the P&D

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...c874215916.txt

Bison Blast Past South Dakota 54-0

BY JEREMY HOECK
          jeremy.hoeck@yankton.net

Published: Monday, October 22, 2012 1:06 AM CDT
          SIOUX FALLS — A loss of historic proportions was made worse by what the home team didn’t do almost as much as what the defending national champions did.

Still, there was a cause and effect formula to what North Dakota State did to the University of South Dakota in Saturday night’s 54-0 thrashing in front of 9,269 green and yellow-dominated fans at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls.

Boasting the nation’s top defense, the Bison limited USD to four first downs, 0-of-12 on third downs, 17 yards rushing and 76 yards of total offense.

Jeremy tweeted during the game that the infamous streaker at Howard Wood was identified as an SDSU student and then his comments were retweeted by a number of media folks and non-media folks alike. I couldn't tell if he was serious or joking with his "confirmed information", does anybody else know?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Jeremy tweeted during the game that the infamous streaker at Howard Wood was identified as an SDSU student and then his comments were retweeted by a number of media folks and non-media folks alike. I couldn't tell if he was serious or joking with his "confirmed information", does anybody else know?
            Since the streaker showed more open field moves and break-away ability than the Yote skilled position players,it very well might have been an SDSU student.

Comment

So not that live chats should drive everything but for comparison I've been doing an independent study. I started going to the live chat website (coveritlive.com) and going to the "Live Listing" portion. If you do that, you can see how many people have clicked on the Argus chats while the event is going on.

I've missed a few but got several of the Thursday live chat and Saturday game chat statistics for both SDSU and USD. It isn't an exact science but I like statistics. I have the data and screen captures with time stamps on a different computer so I am not going to throw any numbers out from memory. However, if the Argus looks at those click rates and it matches up for articles, they are simply making a business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Since the streaker showed more open field moves and break-away ability than the Yote skilled position players,it very well might have been an SDSU student.
                Seriously, that's funny

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                  So not that live chats should drive everything but for comparison I've been doing an independent study. I started going to the live chat website (coveritlive.com) and going to the "Live Listing" portion. If you do that, you can see how many people have clicked on the Argus chats while the event is going on.

I've missed a few but got several of the Thursday live chat and Saturday game chat statistics for both SDSU and USD. It isn't an exact science but I like statistics. I have the data and screen captures with time stamps on a different computer so I am not going to throw any numbers out from memory. However, if the Argus looks at those click rates and it matches up for articles, they are simply making a business decision.

This. More fans means more media coverage. Noting personal it is just business.
                  Last edited by LakeJack; 10-22-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    What bothers me is so many people around here think its fine if players want to leave the state when many see they leave to see what they can do farther away from home blah blah blah. Basically what it means to me is kids are not raised into a culture of sdsu and a less extend usd football and basketball for that matter. I think as communities and fans and familes we have failed to indoctrinate the awesomeness of staying with your home state regardless of other options. This is not a knock on ndsu recruiting and you guys might have similar feelings
                    ^^^^^^^^This
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The hype and energy that follows a team I think people notice and recruits often like that. The focus on the tem and supprt has to be noticed but not a determining factor. What bothers me is so many people around here think its fine if players want to leave the state when many see they leave to see what they can do farther away from home blah blah blah. Basically what it means to me is kids are not raised into a culture of sdsu and a less extend usd football and basketball for that matter. I think as communities and fans and familes we have failed to indoctrinate the awesomeness of staying with your home state regardless of other options. This is not a knock on ndsu recruiting and you guys might have similar feelings
                      Goon - I'll think you'll discover that it's a lot easier to control the mind-set of your one year old son now as compared to eighteen years from now. One of the hardest things to come to grips with as parents is that our kids will sometimes make decisions we don't agree with. Sometimes they won't work out,but you know what ? A lot of times they turn out to be the right ones. So,after 17 more years of indoctrination,if your son chooses a path that doesn't lead to SDSU,you will be there to support him.

Comment

He definitely netted more yards than the USD offense. Bison are good, very good. Coyotes are not very good and were not playing in the dome. This result was not unexpected. I like the way Coach Glenn is approaching it, NDSU, as it pertains to football, is where USD and SDSU aspire to be. Tough pill to swallow but the facts are the facts.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Goon - I'll think you'll discover that it's a lot easier to control the mind-set of your one year old son now as compared to eighteen years from now. One of the hardest things to come to grips with as parents is that our kids will sometimes make decisions we don't agree with. Sometimes they won't work out,but you know what ? A lot of times they turn out to be the right ones. So,after 17 more years of indoctrination,if your son chooses a path that doesn't lead to SDSU,you will be there to support him.
                          yep, but he will grow up in a culture of SDSU everything. academics and athletics. If he goes elsewhere that is fine, but I dont think many familes and communities push the pro SDSU and south dakota idea. How ever my parents did it to me it worked. I had other options but realized SDSU was where my heart lied. Nothing else would have felt right. Look at Montana schools. Not a huge supply of montana high schoolers to pick from but they grow up thinking that they want to play at montana or montana state. Even with other good options, they grow up wanting to be there. South dakota kids grow up with the mindset to leave. thats the difference to me.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I expected USD to have their hands full with the Bison, but I didn't realize it was going to be THAT lop-sided. To paraphrase my old coach, USD got taken to the woodshed.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              I expected USD to have their hands full with the Bison, but I didn't realize it was going to be THAT lop-sided. To paraphrase my old coach, USD got taken to the woodshed.
                              My old coach used to say if you live in a glass house you better dress in the basement

Comment

yep, but he will grow up in a culture of SDSU everything. academics and athletics. If he goes elsewhere that is fine, but I dont think many familes and communities push the pro SDSU and south dakota idea. How ever my parents did it to me it worked. I had other options but realized SDSU was where my heart lied. Nothing else would have felt right. Look at Montana schools. Not a huge supply of montana high schoolers to pick from but they grow up thinking that they want to play at montana or montana state. Even with other good options, they grow up wanting to be there. South dakota kids grow up with the mindset to leave. thats the difference to me.
                                Would you let your kid wear a Coyote outfit if I gave you one?

Comment

Working...
                                X