USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

The SDSU fans that tailgated and sat in row 1 on the 50 with us were great. We had two bunny fans in our row and they were fun, loud, and took some light ribbing with a smile. It's funny to me that both of them actually spent time at NDSU, but both live in SF. I think they each can support both teams after this experience. Lots of blue at our tailgate too. They tailgated like champions, not MeTooU fans. Can't wait until 11/10. If we can both be fortunate enough not to lose until then we'll have a pretty darn big game in Fargo. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

I had fun, prolly a lil too much fun and am clearly feeling it today. I liked it, my complaints are that sitting on bleachers in cold weather caused my back to lock up, and I couldn't get 3G cell service to save my life. First time close up of Howard Wood since the renovation, and I like what they did. I think once the new arena is finished it should help with South winds funneling into the stadium.

If USD was to do this again here is what I would do different.

1. I would have 1 parking lot for tailgating, both teams, I wanted to go tailgate with NDSU fans but there parking lot was quite a ways from where I was. Maybe its not logistically possible with the parking setup but it would have been nice.
      2. Have restrooms in the parking lot. I didn't like where I had to go through the vending area to find one.
      3. Have the game earlier in the year. You play in a dome, and when its 85 outside its not fun to watch games there, but when its 40 outside it kinda is. And I know South Dakota weather is hard to predict, I just think there would be more benefits by moving an earlier game outside.
      4. Time? Prolly just a personal preference but I like a 3:30/4:30 ish kick-off time compared to a 6:00.
      5. The elephant in the room, if you are going to move a home game, try to make sure that 1/2 the crowd isn't, and sell the place out. I guess I look at it where if SDSU doesn't draw 10K for a home game in decent weather against a good team its viewed as a big disappointment, yet they couldn't get 10K there when NDSU brought 4,500ish

Comment

I can't imagine USD got what they wanted from that game. Not many USD fans showed up (less than 10K total at the game). I can't imagine that performance made many new USD fans who might make a trip to Vermillion for a game in the future.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wonder if there will be any follow-up reporting by the Argus or P&D about this debacle. That game was a true worst-case scenario for USD. The decision making process that set it up has to be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            I wonder if there will be any follow-up reporting by the Argus or P&D about this debacle. That game was a true worst-case scenario for USD. The decision making process that set it up has to be questioned.
            I'm against moving home games away from campus, but even if you are for it, they made some pretty bad mistakes, 1st and foremost being doing it against NDSU a team that travels well, recruits well in the state and is good. Having it the same day as the USF-Augie game didn't help and having it on the pheasant opener wasn't great either. I guess if you are going to move the game you better sell it out, and sell it out with 90% of your home fans and they couldn't do either.

Comment

I wouldn't say this was a worst case senario. As far as the game on the field, it was humbling. Getting over 9,000 is not a bad number. I would guess 4700 USD fans, 4500 NDSU fans. Less than 4,000 total fans would be worst case senario. I believe the fans and administration did a good job putting this all together. It's the team not showing up that was disappointing. I would have actually scheduled the game earlier where it could have been played mostly under natural light. Howard Wood Fields lighting just seems off. It was kind of hard to see the clarity of the game in the dark even with the lights. I would have started it at 3PM.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                I wouldn't say this was a worst case senario. As far as the game on the field, it was humbling. Getting over 9,000 is not a bad number. I would guess 4700 USD fans, 4500 NDSU fans. Less than 4,000 total fans would be worst case senario. I believe the fans and administration did a good job putting this all together. It's the team not showing up that was disappointing. I would have actually scheduled the game earlier where it could have been played mostly under natural light. Howard Wood Fields lighting just seems off. It was kind of hard to see the clarity of the game in the dark even with the lights. I would have started it at 3PM.
                I would have played the game in Vermillion
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I would have played the game in Vermillion
                  AMEN

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    AMEN
                    Your take on your qb. I like his running ability but his passing needs to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      You led the charge a year ago to fire Ed and get new staff. You also have been a leader and proponent of playing games in SF. You applauded the moves. I warned you a year ago this **** would happen, and now it has. Care to change your mind again or are you happy now we don't have Ed and we had less than 4000 at a game that would have been sold out in the Dome? (Go ahead Jack fans and make fun of Coyote on Coyote on your board, it's merited). I would have aired this out on our board but you don't have the guts to post there and if anyone reads your new Coyote board, the only person you talk to is yourself. I saw you there last night, are you proud now?

Comment

Sad that your game was the second most anticipated college game in SF yesterday. Getting shown up on the field in the stands and in the media can not be what the USD admin had in mind

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Your take on your qb. I like his running ability but his passing needs to improve.
                          As a person, he is a nice young man, so that makes it difficult to criticize him on a fan board or anywhere else for that matter. Honestly, he is struggling big time. And when he does finally connect we drop balls. Quite frankly right now, we are awful. His throwing motion has a hitch in it. It's like he cocks, reloads, then fires. In all candor he is off a long ways, but that isn't our only issue. But you know what's weird? Until last night, we have been in every game, and could build a case where we should have won it. I m not I to that, I agree with JackMD, you either win or you lose. But right now, confidence is lost, doubts are raised, and players and coaches are questioning themselves. We are in deep trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            Sad that your game was the second most anticipated college game in SF yesterday. Getting shown up on the field in the stands and in the media can not be what the USD admin had in mind
                            If I was Sayler, I would do all I could to make it difficult for the Argus to get any information. They have proved over and over that the Coyotes are not going to get highlights unless we play you. I would give Yankton and Sioux City unlimited access and write off the Argus. I applaud whatever connections you have there because you certainly get preferential treatment. And positive press would go a long way in building a foundation for this program. I would no longer kiss their A$$ and wouldn't provide seats on the plane or access to practice, but that's just me. Congrats on your season by the way. You have reason to be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                              That, my friends, is a worst-case scenario. 605!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                That, my friends, is a worst-case scenario. 605!
                                Enjoy while you have it

Comment

Working...
                                X