Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC Games Sept 25

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Here are the selection rules for the playoffs for last year, but I am sure they are same this year except for the expansion part. Look on page 11 of the booklet. The conference champion goes regardless of their record. The way the guidelines read, the 7 wins is not an absolute rule for an at large bid, but I imagine when it says the chances will be jeopardized without seven wins, it is a rule for all practical purposes.

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...l_handbook.pdf
    Thanks for doing the research. I figured that was the case. My question was also meant to give fans a chance to think about how things could play out.

I'm not sure how likely it is but it could certainly happen. So, 1-0 this week. Our record right now is barely relevant. No one is in the playoffs at this point and no one is out. I'd say SDSU is a testament to that fact.

We might be the best 0-3 teams in the nation, at any level. I'm fanatical when it comes to the Jacks.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      With a final record of 6-5 and 6 conference wins, we only get in with auto-bid. That scenario would have us ending the year losing at home to UND. That would kill all possibilities of an at-large bid regardless of rules.
      I agree 100%, that said, a loss to UND does not eliminate us from the playoffs. If we're alone in first place at 6-2, we are in. Think about it that way or don't.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For the purposes of AT-Large, 6-5 will not get the Jacks in. ONLY AS AQ (as earlier posters have mentioned).

If we are tied with anybody, we would need the Head to Head win.

BTW, SIU has reached their maximum to get to 7 DI wins. So far, 0 D-I wins.
        Il St leads the possible AQ qualifiers as have the road W in conference.
        NDSU is likely the current #2, and at-large qualifyer, as they have an FBS W, and a ranked W.
        YSU is likely #3, with 3 FCS wins, and only FBS loss.
        UNI has the NDSU win at home.
        WIU has 3 DI wins.
        Mo St. has 2 DI wins.
        SDSU has FBS L, and two ranked L
        Ind St. has nada, and 2 non-counters on the schedule.

Comment

I have a hunch that 6-2 record in conference will not win the MVFC. I'm thinking State has to run the table to get in. Of course I predicted a dry summer this year also
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
          X