Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Kansas

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    It's not like we lost close games against FBS teams the last two years to get badly beaten by FCS teams.
    Not badly beaten, but bad losses just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Not badly beaten, but bad losses just the same.

Do you have any relatives in Grand Forks??

Cause man you belong on siouxsports.com with star2city
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I had relatives in Grand Forks. At least my nephew went to NDSU instead of UND.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Do you have any relatives in Grand Forks??

Cause man you belong on siouxsports.com with star2city
          So let me get this straight:

Since '07, NDSU has played 5 FBS games (Central Michigan, Minnesota, Wyoming, Iowa State, and Kansas). They've gone 3-2 in those games (and they were dang near 4-1).

They've also lost 13 FCS games.

Is it your contention that NDSU had no shot at winning any of those 13 FCS games?

Because from where I sit, that's exactly what you're saying.

I'm saying that NDSU has lost several FCS games that they should have won--not the least of which was the game @ Coughlin in '07. But if it's your contention that NDSU was not good enough to win any of those games, fine, so be it. I'll accept your viewpoint and henceforth declare that, per tjbison, NDSU was every bit as bad--if not worse--than their record over the past couple years.

I will not say that they underachieved. I will declare that they were lucky to finish 3-8 last year---despite the number of close losses--on the basis of your superior knowledge of the Bison.

Comment

I think that NDSU's victory this weekend shows just how talented the MVFC will be this year. It showed me that the top half of this conference could compete with the mid to lower teams in FBS. This bodes well for the expanded playoffs and the conference's chances of getting 3-4 teams into them.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So let me get this straight:

Since '07, NDSU has played 5 FBS games (Central Michigan, Minnesota, Wyoming, Iowa State, and Kansas). They've gone 3-2 in those games (and they were dang near 4-1).

They've also lost 13 FCS games.

Is it your contention that NDSU had no shot at winning any of those 13 FCS games?

Because from where I sit, that's exactly what you're saying.

I'm saying that NDSU has lost several FCS games that they should have won--not the least of which was the game @ Coughlin in '07. But if it's your contention that NDSU was not good enough to win any of those games, fine, so be it. I'll accept your viewpoint and henceforth declare that, per tjbison, NDSU was every bit as bad--if not worse--than their record over the past couple years.

I will not say that they underachieved. I will declare that they were lucky to finish 3-8 last year---despite the number of close losses--on the basis of your superior knowledge of the Bison.
              I think it's important to note that in that stretch, Bison teams that have won against FBS opponents are 21-2. The teams that have lost to FBS opponents are 9-13.

I think your point will be made if NDSU struggles this season. Right now, you are making no sense.

Comment

I think it's important to note that in that stretch, Bison teams that have won against FBS opponents are 21-2. The teams that have lost to FBS opponents are 9-13.
                If no one from the '07 team played on the '08 team, I might be a bit more inclined to draw a bright line between those seasons, as you have done--but there was carryover from '07 to '08 and '08 to '09.

While the '07 team was certainly the high water mark (beating CMU & Michigan), the '08 team dang near beat Wyoming, and the '09 team suffered worse losses to FCS teams (margin of defeat vs. SDSU & UNI was 15--and the SDSU game was over at halftime) arguably, than their loss to Iowa State--where the Bison were at least within a touchdown during the 3rd quarter.

If Bohl does a good job prepping his team for FBS games, I have my doubts about his ability to get the team prepped for winnable FCS games.

Comment

I was speechless for most of the game as I honestly never thought we would be able to stay within 10 points of KU based on our youth and how last year turned out.

As I stated over on HuskerMax, the Huskers need to be ready for SDSU and not overlook them after a result like this, but with BP at the helm, I don't foresee that happening.

Hope SDSU is competitive and takes advantage of playing its red neighbor to the south, but as a Husker fan first and foremost, I'll be there cheering them on! Perhaps I'll even be able to see some of you there...

Comment

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
                    I was speechless for most of the game as I honestly never thought we would be able to stay within 10 points of KU based on our youth and how last year turned out.

As I stated over on HuskerMax, the Huskers need to be ready for SDSU and not overlook them after a result like this, but with BP at the helm, I don't foresee that happening.

Hope SDSU is competitive and takes advantage of playing its red neighbor to the south, but as a Husker fan first and foremost, I'll be there cheering them on! Perhaps I'll even be able to see some of you there...
                    Not to take anything away from the NDSU win, but the Huskers are in a whole different class than Kansas at this point for their programs. The only thing that the Huskers can take from the NDSU-Kansas game is the fact that they will destroy the Jayhawks.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If no one from the '07 team played on the '08 team, I might be a bit more inclined to draw a bright line between those seasons, as you have done--but there was carryover from '07 to '08 and '08 to '09.

While the '07 team was certainly the high water mark (beating CMU & Michigan), the '08 team dang near beat Wyoming, and the '09 team suffered worse losses to FCS teams (margin of defeat vs. SDSU & UNI was 15--and the SDSU game was over at halftime) arguably, than their loss to Iowa State--where the Bison were at least within a touchdown during the 3rd quarter.

If Bohl does a good job prepping his team for FBS games, I have my doubts about his ability to get the team prepped for winnable FCS games.
                      I don't even know what you're trying to say at this point, but I'll try...

There's a carryover from season to season. Go 10-1 followed by 6-5. Oh well, there's a carryover.

NDSU beat Michigan!

17 < 15

A one touchdown game at the half is "over"?

8 points is "not within a touchdown"

Just give up, you are embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        Not to take anything away from the NDSU win, but the Huskers are in a whole different class than Kansas at this point for their programs. The only thing that the Huskers can take from the NDSU-Kansas game is the fact that they will destroy the Jayhawks.
                        As I stated, I'm a Husker fan first and foremost and completely understand that Nebraska is currently a much better team than Kansas. My point was for the Huskers not to have a letdown after facing their first test of the season the week before @ UDub and not look ahead to the start of their conference schedule = trap game potential.

My guess? SDSU will put up a fight similar to KU.

Comment

NDSU beat Michigan!
                          Minnesota. You know what I meant.
                          A one touchdown game at the half is "over"?
                          Yeah. It was over. Mertens had thrown two interceptions and the team had four three and outs. The outcome, shall we say, was not in doubt.
                          8 points is "not within a touchdown"
                          24-17=7

Comment

I use an iPod Touch and one of the applications I have is ESPN SCORECENTER. When the application loads, it offers a "Did you know?" factoid. For the past several days, one of the facts in the rotation notes 'Kansas' loss to North Dakota State University on Saturday was the first Kansas loss to a non-FBS school since 1940.'

Comment

Working...
                            X