Yankton HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankton HELP.

Was hoping my fellow Yankton Jackrabbits might be able to point me in the right direction.
    Going to be in Yankton at my in-laws that don't even have cable and really would like to see the Lesner IFC fight. I hardly ever watch, but for some reason this fight really intrigues me.

Question...what the best sportsbar/bar that might have this on Pay-per-view for Saturday night at 9:00 cst???

Any ideas are appreciated!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: Yankton HELP.

Well, my favorite place to hang out is Ben's Bar downtown. Smoke free and he has 5 large flat screen LCD's and Direct TV with NFL and MLB packages. I have no idea about PPV for the fight. He is originally from Webster and knows Brock and his family fairly well but I don't think he is a big fan of the sport. I'll text him and ask him about it today.

Tell him Dr. Mike is an acquaintance and that I want to buy you a drink, he can charge it to me. Try the Dead Guy Ale, you won't be disappointed.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just emailed everyone I know in Yankton to stop in Ben's Bar sometime, mention they are friends with Dr. Mike and he wants to buy them a drink
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        Just emailed everyone I know in Yankton to stop in Ben's Bar sometime, mention they are friends with Dr. Mike and he wants to buy them a drink
        I hope that is a short list or I will have to avoid Ben's for awhile.

As for the fight, he is not planning to have it on and he is not aware of anyplace in town that is planning to. You could contact the guys at the Upper Deck or Phinneys. I can't think of any place else that might have it. If I was going to be in town I'd invite you over to watch it but I'm heading out of town tonight. With the "barefoot bandit" around everything is locked up.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks MD!

I may stop over at Ben's and take you up on your offer...been there before...nice place.

I do some checking around, but it sounds like I maybe out of luck for the fight. Not sure why I'm so interested in this fight...I've probably watched two of these fight's before in my life. They were talking to the promoter on ESPN radio on the Cowherd show, and dang that guy is good...you can just hear the excitement in his voice, not just for this fight, but MMA/UFC in general...he definitely sold me at least to watch this one!

Thanks again MD!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Tell him Dr. Mike is an acquaintance and that I want to buy you a drink, he can charge it to me.
            I'll store that one away for future reference!

EDIT: dang...beat to the punch! (by 12 hours, exactly...weird)
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I'll store that one away for future reference!

EDIT: dang...beat to the punch! (by 12 hours, exactly...weird)
              I'm a great beating-people-to-the-punch mind.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
              X