Summer Concerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Concerts

It seems like we have a lot of nostalgia opportunities with concerts happening during the summer. I spent a most enjoyable evening last night attending a reunion concert of Red Willow in Sturgis. I don't think that I ever heard or saw them when they played regularly, but they sure sounded impressive last night.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: Summer Concerts

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    It seems like we have a lot of nostalgia opportunities with concerts happening during the summer. I spent a most enjoyable evening last night attending a reunion concert of Red Willow in Sturgis. I don't think that I ever heard or saw them when they played regularly, but they sure sounded impressive last night.
    They were regulars at the Lantern back in the mid 70's.

Comment

I really want to go to Warped Tour in Minnesota but I don't know if I will have the funds and the time off from work to do so. If I don't go there, the only show that I will go to is The Spill Canvas at the Sioux Empire Fair. Lame summer for concerts compared to last year.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        I really want to go to Warped Tour in Minnesota but I don't know if I will have the funds and the time off from work to do so. If I don't go there, the only show that I will go to is The Spill Canvas at the Sioux Empire Fair. Lame summer for concerts compared to last year.
        I want to get to the Spill Canvas show at the Empire fair but I have a wedding in Minnesota that weekend. I'm thinking about heading to Jazzfest to see Soulcrate Music though.

Warped isn't too appealing to me anymore, way too many bands that do nothing but scream or way too poppy. Just looked at the Warped list and the only bands I want to see are I can make a mess like nobody's business, The Rocket Summer and MAYBE We the Kings. The only time I went they had so many good bands playing (Coheed and Cambria, Straylight Run, The Rocket Summer, Spill Canvas, Chiodos, Bayside, Circa Survive, Funeral for a Friend, Playradioplay, Red Jumpsuit, Underoath). For warped to be successful they need a variety of music and I'm not sure they have it anymore
        Last edited by mango4; 06-29-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

If you're looking for a good concert this weekend Santana will be playing at Saturday in the Park in Sioux City.

Plus it's free.

Linky

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            I want to get to the Spill Canvas show at the Empire fair but I have a wedding in Minnesota that weekend. I'm thinking about heading to Jazzfest to see Soulcrate Music though.

Warped isn't too appealing to me anymore, way too many bands that do nothing but scream or way too poppy. Just looked at the Warped list and the only bands I want to see are I can make a mess like nobody's business, The Rocket Summer and MAYBE We the Kings. The only time I went they had so many good bands playing (Coheed and Cambria, Straylight Run, The Rocket Summer, Spill Canvas, Chiodos, Bayside, Circa Survive, Funeral for a Friend, Playradioplay, Red Jumpsuit, Underoath). For warped to be successful they need a variety of music and I'm not sure they have it anymore
            I mainly want to see WTK and Motion City. And I always like going and seeing bands I've never seen before. I've already seen WTK and Motion City before so I'm not sure it's worth going.

Comment

Best Warped tour ever was when I met and got my shirt signed by Andrew W K. He is a very nice genuine person. Got pictures with and all. Plus his show is pretty intense.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've been told to come down to the Sioux Falls JazzFest in a couple weeks. Has anyone here been to the previous festivals and tell me whether it's worth a trip? The person telling me is a USD student(albeit through the SF University Center), so I don't know if I can trust her. (That was a joke, by the way. )

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                  I've been told to come down to the Sioux Falls JazzFest in a couple weeks. Has anyone here been to the previous festivals and tell me whether it's worth a trip? The person telling me is a USD student(albeit through the SF University Center), so I don't know if I can trust her. (That was a joke, by the way. )
                  IMO, it's fun if you know the musicians, and a big hassle if you don't. Head to Touch of Europe @ 12th and Phillips afterward for more jazz. They usually try to line up something special during JazzFest.

If you -do- go, I'd suggest parking at a satellite location and riding a shuttle. Parking near Yankton Trail is, shall we say, a bit crazy.

Comment

I would just park on 57th and Western in the Bracco parking lot or surrouding area. You'll probably find something there. It's a little bit of a walk (mile or so) but it's really quick.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                      It's usually pretty good. When I go, we back in the Roosevelt parking lot and ride the shuttle. I'm thinking about making the trip to see Soulcrate on the 16th. Different type of band than the ones that normally play at Jazzfest (rap instead of jazz) but they are a Sioux Falls based band and always put on a good show.

Comment

I mainly want to see WTK and Motion City. And I always like going and seeing bands I've never seen before. I've already seen WTK and Motion City before so I'm not sure it's worth going.
                        Motion City isn't even playing that venue which doesn't make sense since they are from Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Motion City isn't even playing that venue which doesn't make sense since they are from Minneapolis.
                          Oh really? I never even checked... I knew they were playing at Warped and just assumed they would be at the Minn venue cause it's basically like playing in their hometown. Well, I prolly won't go then. I wanted to hear them play their new stuff live. Loved their new CD, by the way.

Comment

Oh really? I never even checked... I knew they were playing at Warped and just assumed they would be at the Minn venue cause it's basically like playing in their hometown. Well, I prolly won't go then. I wanted to hear them play their new stuff live. Loved their new CD, by the way.
                            I didn't even think about it, I assumed they were too but then I checked and saw they weren't playing which is unfortunate. Loved the new CD as well

Comment

Working...
                            X