Things that make you feel OLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that make you feel OLD

Just looked up MN Wild's first round pick ... I was 30 years old when he was born.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Things that make you feel OLD

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Just looked up MN Wild's first round pick ... I was 30 years old when he was born.
    Was getting my hair cut today, joking about Tom Brady and his Bieber hairdo.

Then it hit me. I'm older than Tom Brady.

I'm now at the 'older than most professional athletes' point in life.

Comment

I feel old when I hurt myself doing things that shouldn't be strenuous. For instance, I was walking to my car the other day and pulled a muscle in my hip area, and kind of limped around for a day or two. They say you are only as old as you feel, and though I may be only 26, sometimes I feel 60+! I have a feeling I won't be aging gracefully...
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Kids I coached in Little League are now are married and have kids of their own.

Oh, and I'm older than most professional athletes too...except Brett Farve.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Fight aging by being a life-long learner.

I'm studying beer.

Comment

I feel old when I refer to tv shows that were from my youth, and younger people of today look at me like, "huh? Never heard of it."

Comment

Another one that made me feel old was when we went to Prairie Rep last summer and realized one of the actors was the daughter of a kid I coached in Pee-Wee baseball, and she was a senior. Thank God she was his oldest child.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

For those that like to read the articles in a playboy. The age of some of the centerfolds. Most were in elementry school when I was in college.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

OHH, I have one. How about when I started driving I remember paying 95 cents a gallon for gas. That was not that long ago. 12 or 13 years ago. Ahh, the good ole days. Just imagine if gas was that cheap still.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    OHH, I have one. How about when I started driving I remember paying 95 cents a gallon for gas. That was not that long ago. 12 or 13 years ago. Ahh, the good ole days. Just imagine if gas was that cheap still.
                    Yep. When I was in grad school driving back and forth from Mississippi I used to push on to find gas under 90 cents per gallon because paying 92 to 95 cents was just too much.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

In december, I will be turning the big three-oh.

I think I pulled a muscle typing that.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The other day I went out to fly and the jet we went to was bought in 1965! The thing had like 20,000 hours on it and was still going strong. Alot of the Eagles we are flying these days are from the 70's and early 80's and some of the B-52's are from the late 50's!

So don't let age bring you down! As long as you're young at heart, that's all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                          The other day I went out to fly and the jet we went to was bought in 1965! The thing had like 20,000 hours on it and was still going strong. Alot of the Eagles we are flying these days are from the 70's and early 80's and some of the B-52's are from the late 50's!

So don't let age bring you down! As long as you're young at heart, that's all that matters!
                          I enlisted in the US Navy on November 2, 1965. That plane must have still had a new car smell about that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post

If it hasn't happened already*, it will soon be theoretically possible for a current B-52 crewman to be flying on the exact same aircraft that his grandfather served on. I believe there have been cases of sons flying the same BUFF their fathers did. The last B-52 left Boeing in late 1962, and current plans are to keep them flying into the 2040s.

Sorry for the tangent, but I just think the longevity of the Stratofortresses and Chinooks(first flew in 1961 and new ones are still being built) is really cool.

*check that; not only are we already there, we're getting close to the great-grandson stage

Comment

I used to be a preschool teacher's assistant when I was a senior in high school. 4 and 5 year-olds in the class I worked in. Those kids are now in high school themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X