Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-85 vs. Unleaded Break-even

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Heck, my father-in-law swears up and down that high-powered magnets can run engines if set-up properly...I think he's nuts...

Go Jacks!!
    I have the same problem with my father-in-law. Although we've never talked about magnetic engines...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Just wanting to make sure everyone knows that my previous post was in jest.

I guess if I have to explain that, it wasn't very "jestful."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post

Just use a "smiley" next time, it works great!

I personally believe you can say anything to anyone as long as you smile while saying it
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Just use a "smiley" next time, it works great!

I personally believe you can say anything to anyone as long as you smile while saying it
          I thought it was so obvious that it didn't need a smiley.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post

Mine was meant to be in jest of what I perceived to be your jest but perhaps I wasn't jestful enough in my jestiness. Is anyone offended? I hope so.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Mine was meant to be in jest of what I perceived to be your jest but perhaps I wasn't jestful enough in my jestiness. Is anyone offended? I hope so.
              Only by the lack of "smilies" in your jests...
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6583046

One thing you didnt figure into the math is cost related to maintenance of your engine. e85 doesn't have the lubrication qualities of unleaded regular and the alcohol in it will tend to dissolve the rubber parts of you engine faster. plus it is not made to run in boats, wave runners, and the like. Me, I run a diesel. 15to 17 city 18-23 highway. 11-13 towing

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  Me, I run a diesel.
                  I don't think propar's flex-fuel engine is -that- flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    And how many of the posters here are grads from the 4 fine engineering programs at State for whom this is the math that we do each day?

Letters and equations = constant :P
                    Oh I am! Still have my Advanced Engineering Math book. Sitting in my office right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6583046

One thing you didnt figure into the math is cost related to maintenance of your engine. e85 doesn't have the lubrication qualities of unleaded regular and the alcohol in it will tend to dissolve the rubber parts of you engine faster. plus it is not made to run in boats, wave runners, and the like. Me, I run a diesel. 15to 17 city 18-23 highway. 11-13 towing
                      Diesel for me as well, similar mileage to SturgisJeff. I pull a 36 foot 10,000 lb trailer and won't be without a Chevy diesel until the trailer is gone. I've got friends who "chipped" up and get a little better mileage than that. I've been thinking about it.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X